BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Flares

At the next meeting I think you should bring up ground regulations (concerning away supporters in home areas) and Caley's failure to issue a reprimand on any home fans who facilitate it. Certainly at the very least having full knowledge of their presence. Its an issue that ought to be brought up. What if next time someone is assaulted and receives far worse injuries? In particular if a Rovers fan was badly injured by someone who shouldn't be in the home end? From a club liability standpoint at the very least its a serious matter before even bringing ethics into it. If you sell tickets to opposition fans its clearly stated to be against ground regulations. It should be the same if someone purchases a ticket for an opposition fan or is knowingly aware of their presence. I'm not saying neutrals should be banned obviously.

Nobody responded though to my earlier post so hardly any wonder I was hesitant to bring it up. Some people agreed with me in Twitter DMs though. I'm trying to protect the club from a liability standpoint and anyone else being injured. Certainly Rovers fans and any United fans even.

If they can’t stop a live chicken wrapped in a rovers flag getting in, I doubt they’d have much success with stopping someone getting in with a flare.

44 minutes ago, Grez said:

If they can’t stop a live chicken wrapped in a rovers flag getting in, I doubt they’d have much success with stopping someone getting in with a flare.

Yeah but are "live animals" specifically mentioned as banned on the official ground regulations? :D Some of the stewards are probably incapable of common sense assumptions.

For the record guide/assistance dogs are allowed in. Someone actually asked on another forum if there's a section where pet dogs are allowed. :lol:

1 hour ago, Vinjay17 said:

Yeah but are "live animals" specifically mentioned as banned on the official ground regulations? :D Some of the stewards are probably incapable of common sense assumptions.

For the record guide/assistance dogs are allowed in. Someone actually asked on another forum if there's a section where pet dogs are allowed. :lol:

They must let Live Animals in as I’ve definitely seen some “Show Ponies” at Ewood over the last few 

5 minutes ago, MGPensioner said:

So Steve Waggott says he has a List A and List B, awaiting green light from India....

Now where have I heard all that before ?

If they were asked and forthcoming, like Waggott at Rovers, you would hear the same from every Club currently involved in a promotion or relegation campaign.

Nothing to see here.

On 05/04/2018 at 03:38, Vinjay17 said:

So isn't that against ground regulations as well? Its possible that this United fan was on the database but if the Rovers fan bought his ticket why hasn't he/she been reprimanded? What if the United fan had sued the club? Not sure the fact he shouldn't have been there in first place would have been enough to prevent it.

It isn’t against the Ground Regulations. The relevant one is below:

”18.Any individual who has entered any part of the Ground designated for the use of any group of supporters to which he does not belong may be ejected from the Ground either for the purposes of his own safety or for any other reason.”

The key word is “may.” There’s nothing to stop two friends supporting opposing teams sitting together. It’s a question of behaviour. I’ve bought a ticket for friends who support the opposition several times though probably not for ten years or so. 

25 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

The key phrase though could be "any other reason".

The point is entering any area of the ground, provided one has a ticket, is not against Ground Regulations. That is the question you asked in a manner which suggested it is against the regulations.

Yeah but I'm certain its illegal for fans to sell season tickets, individual tickets, etc for games. Obviously there' aren't many games where the away club are allocated an entire end these days. The club gave out strict warnings for instance in May 2011 about anyone selling tickets to United fans, etc. OK what I said initially wasn't the same as actual touting and you have a point with the ground regulations you quoted. My assumption however was that opposition supporters were supposed to be banned from home areas. It can't just be "when it suits" so to speak ground regulations should be consistent.

The regulations can't be enforced all the time obviously. As you mention opposition fans who accompanied you behaved well and probably didn't draw any attention to themselves. Others however do and if they are then they ought to be removed. For safety if anything else because you never know when someone might object. Indeed that's why its listed above along with "any other reason".

@Vinjay17 I think your first sentence is correct and while I haven’t read them recently the T&Cs prevent resale though it’s not illegal.

As for the rest any fan can sit wherever they please and it’s perfectly reasonable to allow the stewards discretion which makes absolute consistency impossible. On rare occasions I’ve had the opportunity to sit in the opposition hospitality boxes, the directors’ box and once at Turf Moor in the press seats!!

If there’s an absolute ban it prevents those who are not a threat to good order doing as they wish. Which is how it should be. 

While you seem to have had a problem with a couple of my recent posts I do have to make a point on your dislike of families/kids, etc. I don't object to their presence and its certainly hard to have a specific section at away fixtures. Not impossible but the EFL would probably have to make it mandatory. I've made no secret that I never liked the whole "family club" thing and that all clubs should be called "family clubs" unless they outright ban people of certain ages. I know there's been a few posts from me about sharks/vultures, etc but its hard to explain without making such references. I also considered it as a euphemism for "small club" and without wishing to instigate that debate (because its tedious and I'll never change my viewpoint) that's how I felt.

I do think fans could be a bit edgier and I don't mean drunken slobs swearing every 5 seconds. There's nothing edgy about that it's just crass. There's nothing edgy about some of the repetitive chants either (however much some seem to think a 6 fingered joke is the height of comedic genius and never gets stale) because they become boring. Families can take away from that a bit but its not like Millwall and Leeds ban them. Even back in the 70's some of you must have been caught up in unpleasant scenes as kids whether it was a hostile away support or travelling elsewhere. Some kids though don't mind edginess. I doubt some of them are impressed by a guy walking round in an uncool (not to mention unoriginal) costume dressed as a dog. Roar wasn't edgy but at least the costume may have looked cool to some younger fans. Even something that could have been a decent action figure. I think there should be less nonsense like Playstations, etc for kids at Ewood as football should be the draw. OK that's in the family section but even there its excessive. Aren't Rovers a good enough draw? They should be told that there might be some edgy language, hostility and anger at times. What they shouldn't expect though is to have flare smoke in their eyes or ignorant idiots standing in front of them. "Family friendly" isn't really my thing but I was a kid once. I went to watch football though and couldn't have cared less about playstations in the concourses, etc. I had one at home and could cope without it for a bit. Even with the sheer volume of phones, etc carried everywhere now its increasingly uncool in some aspects.

I don't actually have any console at the moment and haven't for a few years. Couldn't cope without a laptop + internet though that's for sure even though I remember what its like to have 4 Tv channels and a SNES. Internet and social media has downsides like information overload, etc and other negative things. 

1 hour ago, perthblue02 said:

4 TV Channels and a snes ....LUXURY! when I were a lad ....................................

Kids used to play outside more then too but of course there's murderers, predators, etc on every street corner now. :rolleyes: Not to mention schools ramping up security to "stop" all the countless homicidal gunmen getting in. Bloody hell I'm irritated by people and society in many ways (not to mention paranoid) but there's genuine paranoia and outright scaremongering.

Archived