BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Top 3

Good morning all. Shrewsbury fan in peace here. Not getting into any form of tittle tattle or slanging match, we have both had fantastic seasons, ours unexpected yours not so much however; I just wanted to come and congratulate you before the run in to say you thoroughly deserve to be promoted...along with Wigan things have gone exactly as expected this season...we undoubtedly now are going to finish 3rd. We have some tough games to come and we will drop points against Bradford and possibly even MK Dons at home. We appear to be running out of steam what with injuries to key players and suspensions at the wrong time. One of the drawbacks of such a small squad I suppose. That said; what a fantastic season we are having...totally unexpected and unbelievable in so many ways. To be even there fighting with a club such as yourselves and Wigan (to a certain extent) is testament to the fantastic work of the staff at the club and Mr Hurst totally deserves the manager of the season. It is such a shame in a season such as this that the top 3 don’t go up, a travesty in all honestly taking into account the top 3 will finish 15-20pts ahead of 4th and more than 20 ahead of 7th however; as a Shrewsbury fan I can’t complain. The playoffs provide teams such as us an opportunity to perhaps squeak in there at the end of a good season and I would have been cock a hoop if we had snuck into 7th on the last game of this season. I agree with the majority of your posters, whoever finishes 3rd (us) will not win the playoffs, we have a bad record at Wembley (including this Sunday perhaps :)) and someone like a Plymouth will end up winning it. The disappointment would be too much to bear finishing 3rd afternoon such a magnificent campaign for all 3 clubs. I know some of you guys don’t rate us based on our Ewood showing but I have watched us take apart teams such as Bristol Rovers, Oxford (one of the most one sided draws ever at theirs early in the season) and Portsmouth amongst others and nulled other teams who have supposedly been in great form. Everyone expected us to fall away and for us to stick on in there and make the season ‘interesting’ has been beyond the majority of our small fanbase’s wildest dreams. I hope that all 3 of us go up, it would be totally deserved on the season as a whole but if not all the best with your club, and good luck next season in the championship. Best wishes. Salop.

10 minutes ago, karlios79 said:

Good morning all. Shrewsbury fan in peace here. Not getting into any form of tittle tattle or slanging match, we have both had fantastic seasons, ours unexpected yours not so much however; I just wanted to come and congratulate you before the run in to say you thoroughly deserve to be promoted...along with Wigan things have gone exactly as expected this season...we undoubtedly now are going to finish 3rd. We have some tough games to come and we will drop points against Bradford and possibly even MK Dons at home. We appear to be running out of steam what with injuries to key players and suspensions at the wrong time. One of the drawbacks of such a small squad I suppose. That said; what a fantastic season we are having...totally unexpected and unbelievable in so many ways. To be even there fighting with a club such as yourselves and Wigan (to a certain extent) is testament to the fantastic work of the staff at the club and Mr Hurst totally deserves the manager of the season. It is such a shame in a season such as this that the top 3 don’t go up, a travesty in all honestly taking into account the top 3 will finish 15-20pts ahead of 4th and more than 20 ahead of 7th however; as a Shrewsbury fan I can’t complain. The playoffs provide teams such as us an opportunity to perhaps squeak in there at the end of a good season and I would have been cock a hoop if we had snuck into 7th on the last game of this season. I agree with the majority of your posters, whoever finishes 3rd (us) will not win the playoffs, we have a bad record at Wembley (including this Sunday perhaps :)) and someone like a Plymouth will end up winning it. The disappointment would be too much to bear finishing 3rd afternoon such a magnificent campaign for all 3 clubs. I know some of you guys don’t rate us based on our Ewood showing but I have watched us take apart teams such as Bristol Rovers, Oxford (one of the most one sided draws ever at theirs early in the season) and Portsmouth amongst others and nulled other teams who have supposedly been in great form. Everyone expected us to fall away and for us to stick on in there and make the season ‘interesting’ has been beyond the majority of our small fanbase’s wildest dreams. I hope that all 3 of us go up, it would be totally deserved on the season as a whole but if not all the best with your club, and good luck next season in the championship. Best wishes. Salop.

Don't come over here with your mind games :P

Ah no fair play, you are having a great season.

So, who do you think will finish as champions? 

Having to go into the playoffs will be a sickener for whichever club misses out on the top two.  Unless there's a dramatic collapse in form, we're all going to end up with a points tally that would normally be enough to go up automatically.  I also hope of all three of us go up, we've all proven ourselves over the course of the season.  Unfortunately, it might not work out that way.

If it wasn’t for Dean Henderson I’d be rooting for Shrewsbury to finish top 2 ahead of Wigan. Pity him being a complete prat tarnishes the rest of the team.

By the way Karlos, not sure many people expected Rovers to be up there this season. Going off every other season under Venkys, quite rightly most on here were expecting a frustrating season in the bottom half. 

• Moderation Lead

Definitely agree that the top 3 should go up and Hurst should win manager of the year if there was any justice in the world.

However, there often isn't......

Thanks Karlios, if it wasn't so critical (to our finances) for us to go up I'd have more sympathy for STFC and I hope Rovers can keep up the form.  Don't rule out Wigan having a Devon Lock moment though.  You wouldn't be the only one smiling if they did.

2 hours ago, OJRovers said:

If it wasn’t for Dean Henderson I’d be rooting for Shrewsbury to finish top 2 ahead of Wigan. Pity him being a complete prat tarnishes the rest of the team.

By the way Karlos, not sure many people expected Rovers to be up there this season. Going off every other season under Venkys, quite rightly most on here were expecting a frustrating season in the bottom half. 

Wigan have plenty ,if not more, prats! 

Great season for Shrewsbury but I've never forgiven you for thrashing us 7-1 at Gay Meadow when I was present. That and the glad all over moment are probably the worst I can remember watching Rovers prior to the past 7 years or so.

I think you will finish top if truth be told. I think Wigan will have a couple of stutters but I just don’t see you lot having a wobble except perhaps a point at either Gillingham or Bristol Rovers (maybe). I think we may well finish 6 or 7 points behind you and 3-4 points behind Wigan which will still be considerably more than the rest!

Archived