BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Charlton away April 28th

No dickheads required and all knobheads should remain north! Rovers fans don’t need these idiots to ruin what is going to be a good night out down south.

staying Watford and going in on the train should be a great day and night out whatever the score

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst not wanting to take our foot off the gas and still go for the title I think now is a good time to rest some of our players who I dont think have been that great recently. Also a chance for some of our fringe and younger players to prove themselves ahead of next season. They will still want to make an impression to the manager. Something like:

Raya

Travis Lenihan Mulgrew Bell

Payne Tomlinson Bennett

Armstrong Nuttall Dack

Subs. Leut. Downing. Smallwood. Graham. Samuel. Conway U23. 

Any sense of where Rovers fans will be drinking before the game?

Went to Charlton a couple of years ago under Bowyer and I know there's one decent away pub, but that was creaking under the pressure of 1.5k away fans, so guess plenty of us will be going elsewhere.

1 minute ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Went to Charlton a couple of years ago under Bowyer and I know there's one decent away pub, but that was creaking under the pressure of 1.5k away fans, so guess plenty of us will be going elsewhere.

The Antigallican is the usual away fans pub, not fantastic but the beer is drinkable and they have Skysports! 

41 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

The area around the ground I have always found to be quite poor for pubs. There is a large designated away pub just off the train station called the Antigallican however I've always avoided going in there as it is a typical away pub - poor beer in plastic cups and very busy but expect there to be plenty of Rovers fans in there. There's a Liberal Club behind the away end but they usually have a couple of bouncers on the door stopping away fans from going in. I've been in there a few times and it does a job and is close to the ground but not great. I've also been in the Bugle Horn which is in Charlton village (head up the hill from the train station for about 10-15 minutes and it is in the village to the left). That was also very busy mainly with home fans last time.

We tend to have a few at London Bridge or Bank and then get a train down closer to kick off.

12 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The area around the ground I have always found to be quite poor for pubs. There is a large designated away pub just off the train station called the Antigallican however I've always avoided going in there as it is a typical away pub - poor beer in plastic cups and very busy but expect there to be plenty of Rovers fans in there. There's a Liberal Club behind the away end but they usually have a couple of bouncers on the door stopping away fans from going in. I've been in there a few times and it does a job and is close to the ground but not great. I've also been in the Bugle Horn which is in Charlton village (head up the hill from the train station for about 10-15 minutes and it is in the village to the left). That was also very busy mainly with home fans last time.

We tend to have a few at London Bridge or Bank and then get a train down closer to kick off.

Thanks, pretty sure that was the one we went to last time so we'll probably just head there.

Same dilemma that we have for most London away games, do you go somewhere nice or somewhere where other Rovers fans will be! 

3 hours ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

The centre of Greenwich is a lovely part of London. The ground itself actually isn't in too bad an area as well, which is remarkable considering what's around it - Lewisham isn't even in the top three shitholes. Personally I'd recommend Blackheath. 

Blackheath is very nice too - my dad lives down there. I lived in Hither Green for a bit many years ago too when I worked in London.

5 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Thanks, pretty sure that was the one we went to last time so we'll probably just head there.

Same dilemma that we have for most London away games, do you go somewhere nice or somewhere where other Rovers fans will be! 

You're saying you can't have both? :)

Just now, JacknOry said:

Blackheath is very nice too - my dad lives down there. I lived in Hither Green for a bit many years ago too when I worked in London.

If the weather is nice best spot to go after the match to sink a few in the sun - Just drinks and food place though no nightclubs. 5 mins on train from Charlton.

I work in Blackheath so if anyone wants to know specifics just shout.

Those wanting a longer or louder night out should head central!

We've had a lot of games recently, most tough games which have taken a bit out of the players as we've used the same 14 players pretty much. Take Tuesday for example bad pitch and a big effort needed to get us over the line. I'd make a few changes and freshen it up then go best team vs Oxford.

Raya

Travis    Lenihan    Mulgrew    Bell

Smallwood  Whittingham

Bennett              Dack                 Armstrong

Nuttall

Subs: Canadian, Downing, Evans, Conway, Payne, Antonsson, Graham

Or to be a bit different:

Raya

Lenihan    Mulgrew    Williams

Travis       Bennett       Smallwood     Bell

Payne           Dack

Armstrong

Just a point: When I bought my ticket a few weeks ago, I enquired if I could be put on a list for 2 tickets for my 2 lads should any more become available. Rovers very kindly rang me earlier to say that there had been some returns and would I like them? 

Unfortunately, neither lads could change their arrangements at such short notice, so I declined.

If there is anyone who'd like to go on Saturday but still don't have a ticket, it may be worth your while giving Rovers a call. (01254 372000)

56 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Just a point: When I bought my ticket a few weeks ago, I enquired if I could be put on a list for 2 tickets for my 2 lads should any more become available. Rovers very kindly rang me earlier to say that there had been some returns and would I like them? 

Unfortunately, neither lads could change their arrangements at such short notice, so I declined.

If there is anyone who'd like to go on Saturday but still don't have a ticket, it may be worth your while giving Rovers a call. (01254 372000)

You legend!

Just phoned up and got 2 - Boom!

Please see below posted on a league one page, let your pals know :

Any Blackburn Fans.... 
please pass the message on...!

On Saturday 28th April all Charlton supporters will be taking part in singing out 'Theirs only one Jack Jeffries on the 4th minute of play and again after half time, this is for a brave little 4 year old boy who is fighting cancer and is joining us for his first game and the last home game this season 
His story is below......
Please join with us in singing to show that we are all behind him in his fight to beat this horrible illness 

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/helpjackcafcbeatcancer

I had many Steins since Doncaster Rovers Fc game, pitch was immense and fans.

I will be in Valley Charlton FC to say very loud 

"In Tony we all trust"

I hope that I am still good fan,but never come from Blackburn and Darwen :rover:

Archived