BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Charlton away April 28th

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, it's going to the final day. That's about all I can say.

Would have been nice to begin the day a point ahead, but Mowbray clearly has no real desire to claim the title. Nights out, weakened side. Rightly or wrongly, he feels the job is done.

As was stated before the game, a number of our players have been carrying injuries. So why risk them when we have been promoted?

I would have loved for us to win the title, but I prefer for the likes of Raya and Dack to be fit for next season!

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Very, very disappointed with that. Oxford game likely to be much of a damp squib now. 

It's not often you get the opportunity to win a title. Opportunity missed. 

Opportunity thrown away not just missed. Barring a miracle on the final day the Title is Wigan's when it could have been ours.

Paul Cook will be having multiple orgasams at Mowbrays gross stupidity.

Paul Cook wants the Title even though his team are doing a good impression of bottling it.

Just now, Doaksie said:

Well, it's going to the final day. That's about all I can say.

Would have been nice to begin the day a point ahead, but Mowbray clearly has no real desire to claim the title. Nights out, weakened side. Rightly or wrongly, he feels the job is done.

He is wrong.

I guess it bolsters Mowbrays argument for investment when he goes to India. He needs a squad that can play as well as each other when they step up. We have been pretty lucky with serious injuries. If we lose some key players in the Championship we would be shagged. Disappointed for the fans who made the long trip down. And a good chance to finish top of the table with Wigan drawing at home.

Oh well we are out of Division 3. We need to stay out. 

• Backroom

Straw-clutching but could it be negotiation tactics w/ Venky's?

'Yeah we got promoted, but we could've won it! If only we had that bit more quality, and we'll DEFINITELY need that quality in the next league.'

Just now, Mike E said:

Straw-clutching but could it be negotiation tactics w/ Venky's?

'Yeah we got promoted, but we could've won it! If only we had that bit more quality, and we'll DEFINITELY need that quality in the next league.'

Balaji's response : Or you could stop p****** about with a 3-5-2 formation :)

Disappointed, sounds like we had enough of the game to win it so not gonna beat Mowbary up too much. Now we have to win and hope Wigan lose.  Will be nice ti pound gravel up cook's arse in the last minute of the season though.  Would love to be losing the scire two late goals to take it from them.  Need TWO Rovers wins and the title is ours.

Just now, bigbrandjohn said:

I guess it bolsters Mowbrays argument for investment when he goes to India. He needs a squad that can play as well as each other when they step up. We have been pretty lucky with serious injuries. If we lose some key players in the Championship we would be shagged. Disappointed for the fans who made the long trip down. And a good chance to finish top of the table with Wigan drawing at home.

Oh well we are out of Division 3. We need to stay out. 

In hindsight, we probably wouldn't have gone up if Dack had been out much of the season but injuries work in your favour when things are going well.

The squad needs rebuilding for next season - and Mowbray has to decide which of our young players he trusts enough to play in the first team. 

Just now, USABlue said:

Disappointed, sounds like we had enough of the game to win it so not gonna beat Mowbary up too much. Now we have to win and hope Wigan lose.  Will be nice ti pound gravel up cook's arse in the last minute of the season though.  Would love to be losing the scire two late goals to take it from them.  Need TWO Rovers wins and the title is ours.

???

Edit ok I got it

• Backroom

Nothing wrong with a formation if you have the personnel. Would prefer to play a formation that suits our personnel , however.

How have our u23s looked when playing this formation and might it signal Mowbray thinking of bringing a few in for pre-season?

Archived