BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Charlton away April 28th

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The ticket information has been released and whilst the date is April 28th no kick off time has been mentioned. However the coach departure time has been confirmed for 6.30 am.

Poor form really.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/april/ticket-news-charlton-athletic-a/

I remember going to Millwall away a few years back, for a 3pm kick off- I’m sure we set off around 7. 

10 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The ticket information has been released and whilst the date is April 28th no kick off time has been mentioned. However the coach departure time has been confirmed for 6.30 am.

Poor form really.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/april/ticket-news-charlton-athletic-a/

I interpret that article as the kick off time is as previously advised. It is their responsibility to inform supporters of a change to the original time and they haven't done that, so if they suddenly announce it isn't 3pm that is completely unacceptable having announced ticketing details today and putting them on sale tomorrow.

Perhaps a case that Rovers have overlooked including the kick off time in their article rather than them attempting to fob people off whilst awaiting confirmation from Sky?

Really is scandalous that the interests of supporters can be so insignificant a factor in all of this. Although relieved it wasn't us I have a great deal of sympathy for Millwall and especially Sunderland supporters who have had their long distance away trips re-arranged at a little over 3 weeks notice. Sunderland now expected to travel to West London on a Friday afternoon.

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

I just rang the ticket office and they confirmed 3 pm. The young lady said she would contact the IT people to include the kick off time.

One thing that has suddenly struck me is that on the Rovers website it says official coaches depart Ewood at 6:30am. That strikes me as very early departure for a 3pm game in London. That allows 7 hours for them to get there for 1:30pm which is the usual arrival time. I would expect coaches to depart at 8am or 8:30am to get to Charlton, allowing a good 5 or 5.5 hours to get there for 1:30pm.

Something not right there with that departure time. They've either miscalculated or have set that time so as to enable a 12:30 or 1pm kick off if necessary.

Just now, JHRover said:

One thing that has suddenly struck me is that on the Rovers website it says official coaches depart Ewood at 6:30am. That strikes me as very early departure for a 3pm game in London. That allows 7 hours for them to get there for 1:30pm which is the usual arrival time. I would expect coaches to depart at 8am or 8:30am to get to Charlton, allowing a good 5 or 5.5 hours to get there for 1:30pm.

Something not right there with that departure time. They've either miscalculated or have set that time so as to enable a 12:30 or 1pm kick off if necessary.

unless there is going to be certain motorways like the M6 and the M25 having road traffic work done to them around that day and Rovers have decide to allow themselves extra time just in case of these potential problems. Plus with potential road traffic accidents aswell why not allow yourselves extra time. Look at today traffic delays around Birmingham that have lend to time delays and road diversions being put in place.  t

I suppose Sky could still move it to the 1230 kick off yet, seem to do things when they want these days.

I'm hoping that maybe they are expecting a big take up on the coaches seeing as the kick off time has seemingly been up in there until today? Gives them an extra hour or so if there is a bit of a convoy going down. (I don't think official travel have ever left it as late as 830 going down to London for a 3pm KO anyway?)

Train fare's will be expensive now for anyone that held off.

I think questions would rightly have to be asked if they moved the KO time now.

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Noticed how it says an initial 3,000.

So, that extra 1,000 in the side stand could be there, if needed...

I don't know what it said originally but right now it says "our full allocation is 3,030".

Just now, only2garners said:

I don't know what it said originally but right now it says "our full allocation is 3,030".

This morning it said 3000 was our initial allocation. 3000 being the capacity of the stand behind the goals.

Against Portsmouth they opened up a block of the side stand and raised away allocation to more.

Just now, JHRover said:

This morning it said 3000 was our initial allocation. 3000 being the capacity of the stand behind the goals.

Against Portsmouth they opened up a block of the side stand and raised away allocation to more.

I can confirm that it did say initial allocation. They have now included the kick off time but changed the wording of that particular sentence.

Some strange happenings once again at Ewood.

I think part of it is there is little or no communication between the ticket office based in the club shop, and the media department based in the stadium. Arrangements get dealt with by the ticket office, who then pass messages through to the IT department to put on twitter and the website, but often these get delayed or put up in a non-accurate format.

So it could be something as simple as the person responsible for putting it on the website hasn't had the full details through, or it could be something more sinister.

Again I find it odd how Charlton are quite happy to allow extra Portsmouth fans to enter the ground and yet are seemingly setting a 3,000 limit on Rovers fans. Doubt we'll sell out anyway but we should be striving to for what will hopefully be a celebration.

Strange goings on indeed. No mention of kick off time, unusually early coach departures and an initial allocation suddenly becoming our total allocation all in the space of a few hours.

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

I suppose Sky could still move it to the 1230 kick off yet, seem to do things when they want these days.

I'm hoping that maybe they are expecting a big take up on the coaches seeing as the kick off time has seemingly been up in there until today? Gives them an extra hour or so if there is a bit of a convoy going down. (I don't think official travel have ever left it as late as 830 going down to London for a 3pm KO anyway?)

Train fare's will be expensive now for anyone that held off.

I think questions would rightly have to be asked if they moved the KO time now.

Well that's usually what people who cater to their viewers first and pay for coverage rights do.

If anyone wants to go to Charlton that much (especially if Rovers go into it with a win sealing promotion) then sit in the home sections. I guess that's a bit ironic considering my remarks on another thread but doubt Charlton fans would be that bothered in comparison. Some home fans would probably sell tickets. How many people were in the home sections at Deepdale (estimate) in 2001? I know it wasn't like City at Ewood the year before but there must have been a few considering the short distance and all. Charlton on the other hand couldn't even sell out the DE lower tier when they won promotion at Ewood though obviously South London is a bit further. I remember being in the upper tier that day think it was kids for a quid. Not sure that applied to the lower DE home section for some reason. I'm pretty sure it didn't as that's the section I watched most home games from that season.

The deadline for sky was yesterday to announce games which is presumably why we released details today. The two potential time slots were 7.45pm on the Friday and 5.30pm on the Saturday. Both of which would have screwed the train up for a lot of us who booked in advance. I don't believe they can change anything now especially when we've released details. 

27 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Ewood Blues set off to MK at 7.

Didn’t want to miss out on pub time, obviously!

Did some of the Ewood Blues hire a box at MK? I spotted probably their most famous member sat on a balcony adjoining a private box high up in the Gods.

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

I think part of it is there is little or no communication between the ticket office based in the club shop, and the media department based in the stadium. Arrangements get dealt with by the ticket office, who then pass messages through to the IT department to put on twitter and the website, but often these get delayed or put up in a non-accurate format.

So it could be something as simple as the person responsible for putting it on the website hasn't had the full details through, or it could be something more sinister.

Again I find it odd how Charlton are quite happy to allow extra Portsmouth fans to enter the ground and yet are seemingly setting a 3,000 limit on Rovers fans. Doubt we'll sell out anyway but we should be striving to for what will hopefully be a celebration.

Strange goings on indeed. No mention of kick off time, unusually early coach departures and an initial allocation suddenly becoming our total allocation all in the space of a few hours.

My guess is that they had some kind of crowd trouble, meaning they decided to limit the sales for us. The other side of this is that they might not want 4,000 noisy northerners in their stadium- they are pushing for the play-offs after all!

Just a quick one for anyone worrying about not being able to get a ticket- you can buy them for the home end, on Ticketmaster like sites (see the below pictures).

0C2DE3A4-47A5-43CD-A692-13082247FBD9.png

8EE4913B-0AF8-4C9C-A0E6-C91AB6A628D7.png

We will be going but can’t decide between coach or train. To my mind the coach timings seem right for 3.00pm KO. 

For MK Dons we left Chorley at 10.45, picked up a third at Knutsford Services, drove nonstop, fast, and got to the ground at 2.50pm - 4 hours for 173 miles. The motorways were not busy. 

Charlton is 245 miles so I’d leave at 7.30am to be there for 1.00 and leave time for delays. 

Saying that we’re going by train or coach. Obviously the coach has to get there for any KO time so it’s the safe option. I prefer the train. 

How confident are we this will stay at a 3.00pm KO?

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

We will be going but can’t decide between coach or train. To my mind the coach timings seem right for 3.00pm KO. 

For MK Dons we left Chorley at 10.45, picked up a third at Knutsford Services, drove nonstop, fast, and got to the ground at 2.50pm - 4 hours for 173 miles. The motorways were not busy. 

Charlton is 190 miles so I’d leave at 7.30am to be there for 1.00 and leave time for delays. 

Saying that we’re going by train or coach. Obviously the coach has to get there for any KO time so it’s the safe option. I prefer the train. 

How confident are we this will stay at a 3.00pm  ko?

After the vague information on the announcement yesterday I rang the ticket office and they confirmed the 3 pm kick off. The lady said it was printed on the tickets too.

On the strength of this information I booked our train tickets yesterday.

My understanding is that Sky have selected the live games for that weekend and ours isn't one of them.

Normally I would choose the train every time. For a day return trip it's by far the best as long as you can afford the fare.

We will be staying with my son in East London. This time my wife has a broken leg, so the train, plus tube and train to get to my son's house isn't practical so we will be driving

Let the train take the strain. By far the best option if it is a reasonable price and do-able time wise. Booked on the train for Gillingham next week and Charlton later in the month. Looking forward to it. I'd booked Charlton in March and took the gamble so very relieved that it hasn't been moved.

9 hours ago, arbitro said:

After the vague information on the announcement yesterday I rang the ticket office and they confirmed the 3 pm kick off. The lady said it was printed on the tickets too.

On the strength of this information I booked our train tickets yesterday.

Thanks. I shall book the train tonight 

Archived