BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Charlton away April 28th

Just now, darrenrover said:

Try bombarding Katie Cowling, the ticket office manager at Charlton on 03330 144444, who's in meetings all day today allegedly.

For example my 2 lads would like to go but can't now get tickets Bigdog.

Yes, 3,000 may be a 'generous allocation' but surely it's better to have 5,000 Rovers all together rather than 3,000 together and 2,000 dotted all over the stadium, in the interests of 'public safety'!

Is it not bad if Rovers fans do "bombard" that number and come across as pests? 3000 is a huge allocation

How many do Charlton get weekly do you know? I see the capacity is 27,000. I suppose it would make more sense to have more fans ,rather than empty seats, regardless of which side they are from. 

If it was the other way around, would you be happy enough to give them 5000 tickets? 

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Is it not bad if Rovers fans do "bombard" that number and come across as pests? 3000 is a huge allocation

How many do Charlton get weekly do you know? I see the capacity is 27,000. I suppose it would make more sense to have more fans ,rather than empty seats, regardless of which side they are from. 

If it was the other way around, would you be happy enough to give them 5000 tickets? 

Bigdog, I don't wish to get into an argument with you but 3,000 isn't sufficient on this occasion. Do you support the fecking Rovers and do you have empathy with those that do?

We NEED more tickets for this fixture, I couldn't give a feck how it would be the other way round.

For the record, we need more tickets for this fixture than Charlton managed to take across London in 1987, does that register?

3,000 is not a 'huge' allocation, it is pretty much the standard figure in the top two divisions, and Charlton's ground is a top two division ground, unlike say a Fleetwood or Wimbledon.

It is up to them, of course, but 3,000 is in no way generous.

14 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It's all relative surely. By coincidence Charlton was our last away game a few seasons ago and the allocation adequately covered the demand but surely if the demand is for more any business would sell them. Very short sighted in my book.

On your other point we have, for many years now given more tickets to clubs than the regulations dictate if the demand is there. This is invariably the whole of the Darwen End.

39 minutes ago, had.e.nuff said:

That will be the same police advise that wont let rovers be at home on the same day as Burnley unless sky tell them different ,I think it is the stock answer from football clubs nowadays.

Stock answer is to pin the blame on a faceless and nameless third party. They think that if they put it down to 'police advice' that people will be more willing to accept it due to police authority and are less likely to question it or kick up a fuss. As you rightly say the so called police advice suddenly isn't a factor when Sky Sports decide that they want to broadcast a couple of games on the same night. The all powerful Sky and their money talks. Suddenly then Rovers and Burnley are able to host important fixtures no problem. Liars the lot of them.

43 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

At the end of the day, it's up to Charlton how many extra tickets they allocate. They are chasing a play-off spot so I can understand why they don't want us having an enormous following. I think 3000 is pretty generous anyway. I don't see why or who you would "apply pressure" to anyone about this 

That isn't something Rovers are ever bothered about as they happily hand over 7,000+ tickets to the away club. I agree that 3000 in a 27,000 seat ground is generous, as 5,000 at Ewood should be the limit for away clubs.

• Backroom

Disappointing but something I wish we did at times, they will be needing a win themselves and they’ve obviously decided the match is worth more than the money.

Hopefully they beam it back to the big screen and open the jack Walker for £2 a pop, get it packs and a party atmosphere back at Ewood 

28 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

If the positions were reversed Rovers would actively encourage Charlton to try and fill the Darwen End with a 7,000 allocation from the off. Rovers would even forcibly relocate home fans from the Darwen End and Riverside and agree to an earlier kick off time on 'police advice' if it meant they could sell more away tickets.

Not many clubs boot home fans out of their seats to accommodate away supporters or agree to 7,000+ tickets but we do.

If anyone has heard our Chief Executive's power point presentation about himself, you would have thought that with him being such a leading light in Charlton's resurrection,  sourcing more tickets for what could be a memorable match for Rovers fans should not be problem.

3 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Perhaps Charlton and the Met had a word with Bristol Rovers' security staff and local police.......

Or maybe they spoke to Lancashire police and they explained how they police the derby, and that frightened the MET

Millwall v West Ham - doesn't even come close :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Tom said:

Disappointing but something I wish we did at times, they will be needing a win themselves and they’ve obviously decided the match is worth more than the money.

Hopefully they beam it back to the big screen and open the jack Walker for £2 a pop, get it packs and a party atmosphere back at Ewood 

This.

I just hope they don’t simply roll out the £6 / £25 winner for this one.

I expect nothing will be decided until we know if we can do it then or not.

• Backroom
32 minutes ago, Stuart said:

This.

I just hope they don’t simply roll out the £6 / £25 winner for this one.

I expect nothing will be decided until we know if we can do it then or not.

I have a vague recollection of being a 7 year old lad and watching the away game at derby on a big screen on the pItch at Ewood.

Then of course there was the game in the relegation season, Barnsley was it? Clear penalty on Ward

Hopefully it’s considered 

Gutted for those who missed out but can’t really blame Charlton for not wanting to turn it into an away game for them especially as they have the playoffs in their sight.

When we’ve had important games I’ve often wanted us to give the oppo the minimum allocation then stick them in the top corner of the Darwen end. But we’ve always cashed in and given bigger sides 7k roaring them on.

Considering they have venky esque owners I’m surprised they haven’t cashed in as well

I can still see Ward being hacked down in front of us at Charlton....

Bother-in-law asked to be arrested as soon as we walked into the ground, the police duly obliged and 20yrs later I still have no idea why?

Answers on a website anyone :D

Archived