BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Charlton away April 28th

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

If that’s the case they need to advertise it, I imagine that there will be plenty of southern based fans that missed out who would snap them up for a start.

I know plenty and all those that I contacted are already sorted before I made the post. I guess there may be more than 3,000 Rovers there! ;)

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Mark45 said:

I had many Steins since Doncaster Rovers Fc game, pitch was immense and fans.

I will be in Valley Charlton FC to say very loud 

"In Tony we all trust"

I hope that I am still good fan,but never come from Blackburn and Darwen :rover:

You're becoming a legend Mark, good on you and long may it continue pal.

I don't know much German and have never spent much time there but my grandad apparently visited fleetingly but quite often many moons ago but never stayed for long.

Anyways, for what it's worth, here are my German linguistic skills, learned in Cologne when Rovers played Leverkuesen:

Wir sind die Rovers

Gegenüber dem bahnof

Wo ist der nächste pub?

Komm du Blues!

You're welcome in Blackburn any time and hope you enjoy Charlton and London.

24 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

So is it confirmed the charlton game is on at ewood. Cant see anything on the official website ?

LET

Meanwhile, Rovers are offering a free beamback screening of Saturday’s trip to Charlton Athletic, which kicks off at 3pm at The Valley.

Fans will be able to watch all the action on the big screen,

Entrance is free for all supporters but to gain entry to Blues Bar, supporters will need a free ticket which must be obtained in advance on a first come first served basis.

Tickets can be reserved over the phone 01254 372000 or in person from the Roverstore.

14 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

If that’s the case they need to advertise it, I imagine that there will be plenty of southern based fans that missed out who would snap them up for a start.

I think the below is the reason they probably won't advertise them!

8 hours ago, Rover_Shaun said:

LET

Meanwhile, Rovers are offering a free beamback screening of Saturday’s trip to Charlton Athletic, which kicks off at 3pm at The Valley.

Fans will be able to watch all the action on the big screen,

Entrance is free for all supporters but to gain entry to Blues Bar, supporters will need a free ticket which must be obtained in advance on a first come first served basis.

Tickets can be reserved over the phone 01254 372000 or in person from the Roverstore.

12 hours ago, darrenrover said:

I know plenty and all those that I contacted are already sorted before I made the post. I guess there may be more than 3,000 Rovers there! ;)

Judging by the amount of returns they have apparently had, I'm not sure there will be!

To be honest I can sort of understand people being reluctant to going now there is nothing on this game.

Whilst Tuesday night was great to be a part of, it was such a bloody rush after work, then having to be fairly sensible about getting back with having a important day the next day.

Looking forward to going to a game where the pressure is off, and to enjoy a proper celebration day with plenty of beers around our capital tomorrow.

Fosu, Mavidi and Jackson out for them. Jackson is one of their main men, so hopefully good for us. 

I think this game will come down to who is the most hungry for the win, just stick Cooks babbling comments up in the changing room Tony, job done. 

Still, I think the minimum we will get is a draw 

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Find it incredible that people are handing tickets back.

I also find it strange ,I am looking forward to this away game more than any this season...

Staying in Watford tonight ,a nice chilled out journey in to London Saturday,no rushing with plenty of time to enjoy the day ,promotion sealed so for once I can sit back relax and enjoy the game win or lose unlike the previous away games (only missed one) as I know the journey back is still going to be a happy one ...

I am a bit too young for that game but I do recall going to The Valley in October 1969 with my best mate from school, who was a Charlton fan. We stood on the enormous terrace down one side which was then the biggest in Britain, but there were about 100 of us on that day. A pretty dire 0-0 but the point did put us on top of the Division 2 table that night. We had our usual fall away in form in the second half and ended 8th.

17 minutes ago, only2garners said:

I am a bit too young for that game but I do recall going to The Valley in October 1969 with my best mate from school, who was a Charlton fan. We stood on the enormous terrace down one side which was then the biggest in Britain, but there were about 100 of us on that day. A pretty dire 0-0 but the point did put us on top of the Division 2 table that night. We had our usual fall away in form in the second half and ended 8th.

Me too! Parents wouldn't let me go to the promotion game but I did go to that 1969 match and stood on on that same terrace! You are right, it was very dull.At half-time my wife asked was it finished?!! Only her second ever game!

Ronnie Clayton was centre-half in that game I think.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Me too. Tomorrow should be a really good day and anybody who took the trouble to buy a ticket and presumably plan their journey only to return it will miss out on the occasion.

Tony saying some players will be rotated (knocks, fatigue, beers etc)

Maybe a chance to tinker too?

Raya

Downing - Lenihan - Williams

Bennett - Whittingham - Smallwood - Bell

Dack - Payne

Armstrong

Keep an eye out on Joe Aribo, thought he was different class at Ewood, hope we sign him this summer!

Raya

Lenihan -Downing- Mulgrew- Bell

Bennett  - Smallwood 

Conway     Dack    Armstrong

Samuel

Going off Mowbrays comments though,I reckon Payne will start instead of Dack 

I would like to see Bennett and Smallwood midfield as I think this will be a battle first and foremost 

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Me too. Tomorrow should be a really good day and anybody who took the trouble to buy a ticket and presumably plan their journey only to return it will miss out on the occasion.

Doesn’t shock me one bit.

Some folk just wanted to be part of a ‘I was there’ moment - as evidenced by the mad scramble for Doncaster tickets on Monday and Tuesday.

They’ve had that now and presumably see Charlton as a dead rubber, so they’ll have their cash and time back.

Now me, I’ve not looked forward to a game more all season; beers round London and a pressure free celebration day, with something to play for in the title too!

I'm looking forward to this game and the one next week v Oxford more than any other so far this season. Serious pressure off, mission accomplished, no worries, no permutations, no checking Shrewsbury's score on the phone, can just go, enjoy the day, have a day on the beer, celebrate, hopefully some celebrations with the players at full time without a pitch invasion.

I'd like to win the league but I don't expect us to because Wigan will likely win their final 2 and it is theirs to lose now, so no pressure on us.

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Me too. If I’m honest after Tuesday I wouldn’t have bought a ticket on Wednesday for Charlton. We had Doncaster tickets before it was rearranged simply because we fancied the trip and a new ground. Lucky decision in the end.

I’ve been convinced for weeks Charlton would be the game when we won promotion. I’ve got tickets, train is booked and I’m looking forward to celebrating for 90 minutes. 

Mowbray saying in the LET certain players have been carrying injuries and will be rested. 

Can see Mulgrew, Dack, Graham and Lenihan all being out. Armstrong has also gone quiet since his double at MK, wonder if hes been carrying a niggle.

Big game for our fringe players to step up. 

2 minutes ago, benhben said:

Mowbray saying in the LET certain players have been carrying injuries and will be rested. 

Can see Mulgrew, Dack, Graham and Lenihan all being out. Armstrong has also gone quiet since his double at MK, wonder if hes been carrying a niggle.

Big game for our fringe players to step up. 

I think Tony has named the same 16 squad, so no Nuttall/Travis/Tomlinson which is a shame.

Archived