BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Charlton away April 28th

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be dissapointed if I got down there tomorrow and we made too many changes. Not far off a rest now anyway but we want to sign off in style and more importantly do our bit to get to 99 points. If Wigan get more you have to hold your hands up.

He mentioned Williams and Evans having muscle fatigue the other day, bring in Bell and Whittingham, and Payne for Conway, thatd be it for me. Dack, Mulgrew, Armstrong, Graham, Smallwood, Bennett all starting.

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Be dissapointed if I got down there tomorrow and we made too many changes. Not far off a rest now anyway but we want to sign off in style and more importantly do our bit to get to 99 points. If Wigan get more you have to hold your hands up.

He mentioned Williams and Evans having muscle fatigue the other day, bring in Bell and Whittingham, and Payne for Conway, thatd be it for me. Dack, Mulgrew, Armstrong, Graham, Smallwood, Bennett all starting.

I'd be more than happy with that team. Reading between the lines though, I'd be a bit surprised if Dack starts, given how he was struggling before the Peterborough game. 

I would play

Raya  

Caddis Lenighan Downing Bell

Whittingham Evans

Bennet Payne Conway

Samuel 

with the Canadian    Armstrong  Nuttall Tomlinson  Antonsson  and a couple of youngsters like Travis  and Rankin Costello on the bench , Give Graham Mulgrew Smallwood  Dack Williams the weekend off ready for next week against Oxford

49 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Mowbray said he doesn't want to push anyone who is carrying a knock and leave them in a position where they might get injured. Completely logical. We have enough strength in depth to get a result  

It does seem a bit strange to rest someone when the season finishes next week anyway and we are going for a title.

Plus there are 3k fans going down, wanting to see the players that have won promotion.

I’ve never looked forward to a match as much in years. Usually I feel nervous as hell such as before Donny or with the Steve Kean era and to a lesser degree afterwards I just didn’t care. No real pressure on us to win as job done in terms of getting out of this league but still worthy of a bit of a celebration win, lose or draw.

I always felt if we still needed something out of the game we’d lose (technically could still win the league but league one winners or runners up meh). But now there’s little pressure on us and all on Charlton in their position I reckon we’ll win. 

I think Mowbray's being professional but playing intelligent mind games with Cook at the same time.

Let Wigan take their foot off the gas tomorrow and Rovers come out at The Valley all guns blazing.

Well, I hope so anyway!

12 minutes ago, meadows said:

IE what we were all playing hell about Huddersfield doing a year ago? 

Making four or five changes involving players who have been involved in games recently is completely different to Huddersfield's disgraceful act of making ten changes to their team and preceding to lose up against a team who had only won one of their last fourteen games and which was reduced to ten men for three quarters of the match!

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

It does seem a bit strange to rest someone when the season finishes next week anyway and we are going for a title.

Plus there are 3k fans going down, wanting to see the players that have won promotion.

Never fear, TM will play his strongest team.

He and the players still want a shot at the Title, unlike many on here.

3 hours ago, benhben said:

Mowbray saying in the LET certain players have been carrying injuries and will be rested. 

Can see Mulgrew, Dack, Graham and Lenihan all being out. Armstrong has also gone quiet since his double at MK, wonder if hes been carrying a niggle.

Big game for our fringe players to step up. 

The player I'd heard had been soldiering on with an injury wasn't any of the above.

I would hope Dack is playing given that he has been carrying the fight to Cook in the press.

Been meaning to post this all day. Anyone planning to go by train from the Chorley area via Picadilly should note it’s bus replacement tomorrow - 90 minutes minimum travel time. 

24 minutes ago, Paul said:

Been meaning to post this all day. Anyone planning to go by train from the Chorley area via Picadilly should note it’s bus replacement tomorrow - 90 minutes minimum travel time. 

Can you not go from Preston or Wigan instead Paul? I would assume they would honour the tickets if there are engineering works.

35 minutes ago, Paul said:

Could go Balshaw Lane Euxton to Wigan and change there either for Piccadilly or connect with London bound train from preston

• Backroom
1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The player I'd heard had been soldiering on with an injury wasn't any of the above.

I would hope Dack is playing given that he has been carrying the fight to Cook in the press.

I've heard Smallwood, myself. Could be why he's remained relatively quiet on the pitch even after 10-yellow-gate.

1 hour ago, only2garners said:

Can you not go from Preston or Wigan instead Paul? I would assume they would honour the tickets if there are engineering works.

It’s not a problem as we always planned to go from Manchester as another son lives there and is joining us.

The post was more to warn anyone who turned up expecting the usual service. 

6 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I've heard Smallwood, myself. Could be why he's remained relatively quiet on the pitch even after 10-yellow-gate.

Not actually the player I'd heard either. Could be a real skeleton team if everyone who's been carrying a niggle is rested.

:huh:

If anyone is planning on watching the beam back at Ewood, but didn't manage to get tickets for Blues, I've got 3 that, unfortunately, I won't be able to use now. Just DM me if you're interested

41 minutes ago, Paul said:

It’s not a problem as we always planned to go from Manchester as another son lives there and is joining us.

The post was more to warn anyone who turned up expecting the usual service. 

No problem Paul. See you there. I’m already in east London.

Archived