BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Charlton away April 28th

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Paul said:

Been meaning to post this all day. Anyone planning to go by train from the Chorley area via Picadilly should note it’s bus replacement tomorrow - 90 minutes minimum travel time. 

Sorry, a bit non-Rovers but why would anyone who lived in the Chorley area not get the train from Preston-----2 hours 10mins from start to finish?

5 hours ago, Paul said:

Been meaning to post this all day. Anyone planning to go by train from the Chorley area via Picadilly should note it’s bus replacement tomorrow - 90 minutes minimum travel time. 

They've been pulling that stroke on weekends for ages now, absolute joke. The rail lines from Chorley must be the best maintained in England.

Just now, 47er said:

Sorry, a bit non-Rovers but why would anyone who lived in the Chorley area not get the train from Preston-----2 hours 10mins from start to finish?

It's only a hop and skip from Chorley either way but we always tend to go Manchester way as sometimes the trains have been a bit cheaper off peak and more frequent. You'd have to bus it to Preston as well they've been cancelling services from Chorley for ages on Saturdays now.

7 hours ago, 47er said:

On this occasion because my son lives in Manchester. More generally home to Chorley station 10 minutes, parking £3 and 1 minute from station. Home to Preston have to allow at least 30 minutes, parking can be difficult. 

Public transport to Chorley is one bus, to Preston two buses or bus and train.

Manchester - Euston depart 10.15 2 hours 6 minutes £57 direct

Preston - Euston depart 10.17 2 hours 43 minutes one change £48

Why would anyone who lives in Chorley catch a train from Preston to London??? For the sake of £9?

Just now, Paul said:

On this occasion because my son lives in Manchester. More generally home to Chorley station 10 minutes, parking £3 and 1 minute from station. Home to Preston have to allow at least 30 minutes, parking can be difficult. 

Why would anyone who lives in Chorley catch a train from Preston to London??? For the sake of £9?

If you are driving to Manchester Paul the Piccadilly multi storey car park is only £5 for 24 hours at weekend or alternately on the same street (Sheffield Street) there is an NCP at £3.50 for 24 hours although this is slightly further away from the main station.

Charlton are a real hot and cold team. Absolutely awful when off their game but can beat anyone if they are up for it.

They need this win for their play-off hopes so over to Rovers to the decent thing by the rest of the league and put up a fighting performance as opposed to a post-party hangover.

15 minutes ago, arbitro said:

If you are driving to Manchester Paul the Piccadilly multi storey car park is only £5 for 24 hours at weekend or alternately on the same street (Sheffield Street) there is an NCP at £3.50 for 24 hours although this is slightly further away from the main station.

Thanks. Already booked in with Q Park on Whitworth Street for £5. I didn’t want to risk Sheffield Street being full as it seems quite small 

1 hour ago, Paul said:

I was just interested thats all, not having a go. My experiences are confined to weekdays so I had no idea there were no trains from Chorley to Preston at weekends.

Thank you Tomphil for your courteous reply!

9 hours ago, tomphil said:

It's only a hop and skip from Chorley either way but we always tend to go Manchester way as sometimes the trains have been a bit cheaper off peak and more frequent. You'd have to bus it to Preston as well they've been cancelling services from Chorley for ages on Saturdays now.

HA! Didn't know that! Why FGS? Thanks for your courteous reply!

33 minutes ago, 47er said:

I was just interested thats all, not having a go. My experiences are confined to weekdays so I had no idea there were no trains from Chorley to Preston at weekends.

Thank you Tomphil for your courteous reply!

HA! Didn't know that! Why FGS? Thanks for your courteous reply!

Electrification work, Strikes, a leaf on the line .... the usual stuff although some of it is understandable it's the lack of notice on occasion that causes problems.

On the station thing I suppose sometimes it also comes down to personal preference and in my case i'd rather go Manc way than Preston, any time to kill it's better over that way and more train options if there's a problem with the one your going for.

Plus I just hate Preston :D

Archived