BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Charlton away April 28th

3 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Agree totally with that comment...

...BUT with just two games to go and a chance of going up as Champions I would have personally rested no one!

QUE SERA SERA!:rover:

Don't think he rested anyone SG, injuries forced his hand. 

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Paul said:

It can still happen but we missed a real opportunity today against a poor Charlton side. 

Yep. Read a couple pages of their forums and listened to a few of their fans coming out of the stadium today and couldn’t believe what I was reading/hearing, ‘we deserved that’, ‘what a performance to a man’. They were absolutely bloody awful. They only got in our half once in the second 45 right at the death. Thanks Christ we’re out of this tin pot League. 

Let’s put today behind us by putting Oxford to the sword next weekend. Although in saying that, it looks like the whole squad are on a beano in London tonight; would have preferred if they could have delayed that by a week after the post- Doncaster exertions.

The moaning on here about Mowbrays selection today and the fact that the players are out celebrating tonight really is quite sad. 

The team he played today was a strong one and by the sounds of it, we were unlucky not to at least draw. 

Wigan are a bunch of dislikeable pricks, so it would be lovely to finish ahead of them  but  let's not forget what the payers and manager have achieved this season. Some of the over reactions on here are pathetic 

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

If I wasn’t a season ticket holder and hadn’t already bought a ticket, I would NOT be going to watch the Oxford game. There is no point because we are now just going through the motions.

Really really disappointed with Mowbray today. He clearly does not care about the title. A win today would have all but secured it and he has stuck two fingers up to the fans and the U23s.

After last Tuesday the season might as well have ended. It’s fraud to sell any more tickets for matches because we aren’t event going to try.

Not convinced that he has what it takes for next season. The 10 game counter will be reset after next Saturday.

Seriously? 10 games is what you will be giving him... The game has gone mad.

i said previously and I’ll say it again, Tony has done an amazing job IMO. 

Id be interested to hear what you think of his overall performance this season as a manager?

14 minutes ago, imy9 said:

Seriously? 10 games is what you will be giving him... The game has gone mad.

i said previously and I’ll say it again, Tony has done an amazing job IMO. 

Id be interested to hear what you think of his overall performance this season as a manager?

Our inability to put in two halves of quality football all season doesn't exactly fill me with confidence for next season. This League we are leaving is dog shit.

• Backroom
23 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

The moaning on here about Mowbrays selection today and the fact that the players are out celebrating tonight really is quite sad. 

The team he played today was a strong one and by the sounds of it, we were unlucky not to at least draw. 

Wigan are a bunch of dislikeable pricks, so it would be lovely to finish ahead of them  but  let's not forget what the payers and manager have achieved this season. Some of the over reactions on here are pathetic 

My only complaint with the line up today was that I would have liked to see Travis and Tomlinson in there rather than Caddis and Evans. We already know Caddis isn't good enough for the Championship and Evans is Evans. It would have been nice for the younger lads to be given a chance, but for whatever reason Tony doesn't seem keen on using the younger players. 

Just now, renrag said:

I cannot understand why anyone would question Tony Mowbray’s integrity regarding his selection this afternoon. In the 14/15 months he has been at the club, I can’t think of one occasion when he has tried to pull the wool over the fans eyes. His selection of available players, quite rightly, may not meet everybody’s approval, but to suggest the reasons were anything other than genuine, is insulting and a slur on his character.

if today's game was a 'must win' then that wouldn't of been the team that was selected.

For Mowbray to state otherwise is a lie.

No need to treat the fans as mugs.

12 minutes ago, DE. said:

My only complaint with the line up today was that I would have liked to see Travis and Tomlinson in there rather than Caddis and Evans. We already know Caddis isn't good enough for the Championship and Evans is Evans. It would have been nice for the younger lads to be given a chance, but for whatever reason Tony doesn't seem keen on using the younger players. 

Ya, Caddis starting over Travis was odd alright 

Just now, barry_ said:

if today's game was a 'must win' then that wouldn't of been the team that was selected.

For Mowbray to state otherwise is a lie.

No need to treat the fans as mugs.

Other than Travis over Caddis, that was a decent side factoring in our injuries and niggles 

Just now, renrag said:

I cannot understand why anyone would question Tony Mowbray’s integrity regarding his selection this afternoon. In the 14/15 months he has been at the club, I can’t think of one occasion when he has tried to pull the wool over the fans eyes. His selection of available players, quite rightly, may not meet everybody’s approval, but to suggest the reasons were anything other than genuine, is insulting and a slur on his character.

We've seen some of those donkeys over the season to know that they aren't good enough for this league never mind one higher. He pulled it today all right, victory would have meant victory next week was a trophy albeit lower league one to add to the celebration.

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

Let's hope the three thousand weren't too offended by Mowbray's team selection today and the contempt he showed them.

5 minutes ago, renrag said:

The one thing you can say about him is there is usually method behind his madness for want of a better phrase.

He's never dressed anything up like a Christmas tree and when it's been bad he's said so, he has had us scratching our heads many times but often it's worked in the end in terms of points if not performance and when it hasn't he usually explained what he was trying to do even if we were still scratching out heads.

Got to give him massive respect for that and i'm sure there were several reasons behind his changes today and a dire first half is nothing new. We just didn't have the quality today to get it back whereas mostly we have this season.

Make no mistake though next season is a monumental task for him.

Caddis was woeful and looked like a ringer from the Dog & Duck Sunday League. Travis did more in the 20mins he was allowed than the tubby grey balding showed in the previous 70. We are absolutely screwed if he's given game time in the Championship.

• Backroom
Just now, alcd said:

Caddis was woeful and looked like a ringer from the Dog & Duck Sunday League. Travis did more in the 20mins he was allowed than the tubby grey balding showed in the previous 70. We are absolutely screwed if he's given game time in the Championship.

I don't think he will play for us in the Championship, but giving him a two year deal was a mistake. His age considered it should have been one year with an option of an extension at best.

Just now, alcd said:

I would be amazed if Caddis plays in Championship. ..

Just now, DE. said:

I don't think he will play for us in the Championship, but giving him a two year deal was a mistake. His age considered it should have been one year with an option of an extension at best.

Is he on a two year deal? Wow, surprised by that. He didn't play in league 1(today aside) ,so can't see him playing next season at all. 

• Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Is he on a two year deal? Wow, surprised by that. He didn't play in league 1(today aside) ,so can't see him playing next season at all. 

Yeah, I had a quick look and it's a two year deal. Could have understood one year plus a potential extension (if he played well or we didn't go up) but giving him a full two year deal seems very generous. Not the first time we've done that though.

2 hours ago, DE. said:

Agreed that we know this, but Mowbray can't say he hasn't given these guys a chance. Particularly Samuel. He strikes me as a fair bloke and I think it would be important for him to feel he had given these lads a chance to prove themselves, whether we like it or not. 

Interesting that Gladwin was still nowhere to be seen though. Is he still injured? What a disappointment considering he was reportedly our most expensive signing of the season. Not going to be good enough for the Championship either imo. 

It appears that Gladwin has a knee injury that an op has failed to rectify. However he looked like a dolloper even before that surfaced. Along with Caddis, Whittingham and Evans he will be deadweight in the squad for the Championship.

Just now, DE. said:

Yeah, I had a quick look and it's a two year deal. Could have understood one year plus a potential extension (if he played well or we didn't go up) but giving him a full two year deal seems very generous. Not the first time we've done that though.

No, that should have had 1 year written all over it. We have, but in general it seems a more sensible approach is been taken with contracts. Some mad stuff went on in the past. 

Archived