BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Charlton away April 28th

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Miker said:

Looks like a back 3? Clearly with pressure off, Mowbray wants to experiment for the last 2 games.

Well, he does like to tinker. I don't see the point. it's not like that team will ever play together again, certainly next seasons line up will be  totally different. Wigan will be happy with that line up.

Mowbray pulls a Wagner.

Not one thing nor the other. It’s not a look at the youth because they are benched and it’s not all out for the title. I’d feel cheated if I’d bought tickets to the game.

Leutweiler isn’t even good enough for the ressies.

Obviously a shame to see Graham and Dack out but at the same time I am quite excited to see Armstrong up front as part of a two. I think this is the formation he will want to play next season.

Also a chance to see if Payne can show us what he can do starting in his favoured position.

#Rovers team news (and there's a lot of it). Six changes. Raya (groin), Williams (abductor), Conway (foot), Bennett (knee) , Dack (hamstring) and Graham are out. Only DG of those are on the bench https://t.co/rFsAxPhap0 https://t.co/FCM2fHaChF

Luetwiler

Downing Lenihan Mulgrew

Caddis    Evans      Smallwood    Bell

Payne

Samuel Armstrong

Just now, Stuart said:

7 defenders.

I think that's the problem with 3 at the back. The two wing-backs naturally become defenders and the two sitting midfielders leave it to the No.10 to create so essentially the onus lies on Payne, Samuel and Armstrong to do the creating/attacking./scoring. Bell and Caddis will get forward but not as far and as often as AA/ Antonnsson/ Conway etc when they play out wide. We've always had four attacking this season when we've played with Armstrong/Dack/A N Other playing off Graham. Today we have 3.

I think he likes this system though so he may go with it more next season when we won't have the best players/squad like this year. 

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

One big gripe with that team is why not Travis for Caddis? Caddis ain’t up to it and Travis should be proving himself at first team level for next season.

Just now, neophox said:

Would has started Travis at right wing... otherwise a Strong team, time for the players coming in to show their worth for the coming season..

Absolutely agree with that, fellas. It seems odd to me. Caddis hasn't been near the team for ages, surely that tells its own tale.

Just now, neophox said:

Think we may see Dack, Graham, Bennett, Raya and Williams all starting on saturday after a weeks rest and give Oxford an tumbling!

If we lose today I can't see it mattering. Not only do we rest half the first team  but we choose to play a formation that we've  hardly played all season. It's either a work of genius or madness. I think I favour the latter.

That line-up shows the relevance Tony places on the league title. Slightly underwhelmed, but I can understand it. I will be shocked if that selection brings back the points and takes the title race to the last game. Really shocked 

Archived