BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Charlton away April 28th

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If they are they dont represent my views. The main problem is the attitude towards the title.

Stop going off on a tangent. Promotion achieved? Yes and great news worth celebrating.

The negative comments are totally justified about an isolated complaint seperate from promotion. Something Mowbray deserves praise and celebration for.

The negative comments arent jusfified at all and its a great shame about such a brilliant season some people have to find something to complain. 

I will leave it there before I say something that might get banned. 

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Managers tell fibs like Wenger when he said he hadn't seen something and he actually had. 

This.

Managers say all sorts of things, sometimes for effect but sometimes without engaging brain before opening mouth. Mowbray is no exception to that.

This is in no way aimed at you Tony but I find it both amusing and a bit baffling that Rovers fans (on this messageboard anyway) will call Mowbray out on saying players are injured (to in turn be berated by other fans defending his honour and integrity) but yet will hang on to his every word in respect of 'not being bothered' about winning the title, or whatever it was he is meant to have said on the subject. There's no way he would have wanted anything other than a Rovers victory on Saturday.

Having now seen the game, that team he picked at Charlton played every bit as well and tried every bit as hard as the 'strongest' Rovers team has done over the course of the past few weeks, but the rub of the green was against us on this occasion. To change the title of the other thread to include the word 'surrender' is shameful and an insult to the players and manager.

Just now, MGPensioner said:

The manager who showed the wrong attitude

The players who thought it was OK to go on the lash when there were 2 games to win a title.

The players who thought it was OK to take a rest instead of saying... NO TONY I WANT TO PLAY BECAUSE I WANT TO WIN THE TITLE, not put my slippers on.

So, based on your assumptions, Bradley Dack is the biggest culprit of them all then, which kind of makes your argument look a little silly, don't you think? Stick to your hyperbolic countdowns pal, too many assumptions and suppositions there to have a meaningful discussion about.

Rovers were extremely unlucky to lose to a fluke goal away to a very good side. Meanwhile Wigan scored a late equalizer at home to a poor side, having done likewise away in a fixture that we also very recently drew 1-1 in (albeit in totally different circumstances). Had those results been the opposite way round (e.g. Wigan lost unluckily at Charlton while we struggled to two consecutive draws in games we would expect to win) I dread to think what state you would be in then. 

9 minutes ago, MGPensioner said:

The manager who showed the wrong attitude

The players who thought it was OK to go on the lash when there were 2 games to win a title.

The players who thought it was OK to take a rest instead of saying... NO TONY I WANT TO PLAY BECAUSE I WANT TO WIN THE TITLE, not put my slippers on.

Well at least the manager and players have contributed something positive this season unlike some who can't bring themselves to support the club but feel free to criticise those working to turn the club around.   I'd stick to your false new agenda. ;)

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

The negative comments arent jusfified at all and its a great shame about such a brilliant season some people have to find something to complain. 

I will leave it there before I say something that might get banned. 

You are saying that as if people are ONLY concerned about the title. I am still made up about promotion, but would also like the title, or to see my team at least try and strive for silverware in a no lose situation.

Either you arent understanding the point, or you are winding people up. The "negative" comments are about a small individual point, whereas the overall consesus is happiness about the overall season.

He cant seem to get it to work, but I think this game once again highlights how much TM wants to play 3 at the back.

He has resisted the urge due to results, but any chance he gets he goes back to it.

WIll be an interesting summer as deciding one way or the other is key to who we sign really.

To keep trying it when he plays the most unfit slow guy at the club in Caddis is very odd thinking indeed considering you need your wing backs flying up and down the pitch all afternoon.

I hope he gets it out of his system in the summer if we keep this squad together because aside from in game changes it just does not suit this lot really to make it the core system of play.

40 minutes ago, FGS5635 said:

He cant seem to get it to work, but I think this game once again highlights how much TM wants to play 3 at the back.

He has resisted the urge due to results, but any chance he gets he goes back to it.

WIll be an interesting summer as deciding one way or the other is key to who we sign really.

This is something that concerns me too.

Not sure why he is so obsessed with it when it hasn’t worked and we get better results (and performances) with four at the back.

This one of the cracks in Mowbray’s armoury for me. Stick to what has worked all season, with personnel to replace injured players as like-for-like as possible, win and we are in pole position for a trophy winning finish. Lose and we had a go at least.

Or accept that promotion was everything and use a dead rubber to put some of our (ironically, trophy winning) U23s in to have a look at them, win and it’s a bonus. Lose and we learned something about the young lads who had another chance.

Leutweiler, Caddis and Samuel. Not sure what that did for anyone. I’m very much hoping that Fisher and Travis get a start against Oxford.

Starting with the same line up as Charlton would feel, to me, like a two-fingered salute.

On 4/29/2018 at 11:17, Parsonblue said:

Absolutely bang on with that meadows.  Days like Tuesday, and yesterday, when we can come together as supporters to celebrate at the end of a long hard season don't come along all that often for clubs like the Rovers and, as you say, are to be savoured and stored in the memory bank.

Exactly why going for the league titles should have been of upmost importance.

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

You are saying that as if people are ONLY concerned about the title. I am still made up about promotion, but would also like the title, or to see my team at least try and strive for silverware in a no lose situation.

Either you arent understanding the point, or you are winding people up. The "negative" comments are about a small individual point, whereas the overall consesus is happiness about the overall season.

So why not just enjoy the promotion.and enjoy the positives after so many negatives since Venkys came owners. 

If we win the title then we win but I wouldnt bother me if we didnt one bit. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

So why not just enjoy the promotion.and enjoy the positives after so many negatives since Venkys came owners. 

If we win the title then we win but I wouldnt bother me if we didnt one bit. 

I have enjoyed it all, went to both games, loving it all, the reason for the debate is because it polarises opinion, hence it makes a good discussion topic.

What you seem to fail to understand, is you might not give a crap if your football club wins trophies, but some people do.

Archived