BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bristol Rovers v THE ROVERS

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bizarre (but great) seeing Rovers putting restrictions on tickets like 7 (SEVEN) aways. This season has re-awakened a dormant away support.

Just a shame we've no northern weekend away game in the run-in, you could imagine a vast following to one of those...

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Bizarre (but great) seeing Rovers putting restrictions on tickets like 7 (SEVEN) aways. This season has re-awakened a dormant away support.

Just a shame we've no northern weekend away game in the run-in, you could imagine a vast following to one of those...

The Wigan game in particular came at a very bad time. In a season of great followings, that was a disappointment, but you'd easily see at least twice as many (probably some way more than that) if the match was in April. 

12 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

The conspiracy theorist in me has mulled over the possibility that the fixtures were arranged to prevent such a thing happening. I find it difficult to believe that 'luck of the draw' ensured that all 6 Lancashire derbies along with Bradford and Rotherham all fell before New Years, whilst long haul trips to MK, Bristol, Gills, Plymouth, Charlton etc. all came at the business end of the season.

Imagine the chaos in Fleetwood/Blackpool/Rochdale/Bury if Rovers were coming to town with a chance of promotion. Carnage.

Infiltration of the home ends, sell out followings, loads travelling without tickets.

Certainly a theory worth putting out there. A fair likelihood that Rovers were going to be in promotion contention and the authorities were anxious about those games with limited away allocations and large travelling contingents. Probably preferable to get them out of the way early season.

Wouldn't surprise me. The fixture 'computer' is often manipulated, usually for Sky's benefit.

It was 'Rivalry Weekend' a bit back; Rangers/Celtic, Man Utd/Liverpool, Forest/Derby, Wolves/Villa all on the same weekend.

Or when the old 'Big 4' used to play each other on the same day a few times a season, 'Sky JUDGEMENT SUNDAY' etc etc.

Brings back memories of Bristol Rovers away in 1981 when our Rovers had the majority of a 9,000 crowd at Eastville, last day of the season. We won 1-0 but Swansea won too so we didn't go up to Division 1. That would have been consecutive promotions under Howard Kendall.  

7 hours ago, philipl said:

Brings back memories of Bristol Rovers away in 1981 when our Rovers had the majority of a 9,000 crowd at Eastville, last day of the season. We won 1-0 but Swansea won too so we didn't go up to Division 1. That would have been consecutive promotions under Howard Kendall.  

That famous Saturday, the second day of May.....!

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Thought this might have sold out by now, unless there is more tickets than people who qualify just to ensure that everyone who did qualify got one.

Sold 600 as of this morning. I think after the Fleetwood fiasco they've deliberately set the bar high so the regulars don't miss out.

3 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Thought this might have sold out by now, unless there is more tickets than people who qualify just to ensure that everyone who did qualify got one.

That's what they have generally done in the past. I think it was just a c*ck up for the Fleetwood game.

I've got 6 away games in so I'm hoping that's the case, so i can get one next week at the next stage. 

Anyway, if all else fails, my brother-in-law lives 10 minutes walk from the ground so can source one for me if needed.

16 hours ago, only2garners said:

There can't be many left. I have standing ticket no 749 out of 850 bought at 9am yesterday and there were virtually no seats left then.

Dont think that really means anything, just picked up a ticket online for a mate who qualifys today and its standing ticket number 41!

I knew that looking at numbers on seating tickets was pointless as they usually sell them in a specific defined order but I assumed they would sell the standing ones off the top of the pile. I suppose each person on the phones/desks takes a pile.

Hoping to head to this game. Cheap flights into Bristol from Dublin. Have only been to two games this season in Ewood so not a hope of getting a ticket. But have no problem going into the home end. Would love to be in the away section though. Might try to get a close as I can to the away section. Hardly any away end tickets available on the day? 

Archived