BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bristol Rovers v THE ROVERS

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, GreenRover said:

Massive game tomorrow. Need Dack on fire and our supporters to get behind the team and suck the ball into the net. COYB?⚪️⚽️????

We'll be doing that as long as we're behind a goal! 

Did you manage to get a ticket GreenRover?

It was on that famous Saturday the second Day of May...................

Let's put it right,

COYB!!!

41 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Bloody hell, I wish I'd never said owt ! Apologies to all for doing so.

Anyway back on topic, rovers v THE ROVERS, 

Tony, just put out an eleven that will tear 'the gas' a knew one!........

discus.......

Imagine the chants if Bernt Haas had ever played for them...

7 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, thats a good team, arguably our strongest.

I was just thinking there, I have a strong feeling he is going to start Whittingham. Hopefully center mid and not on the wing :huh:

Can sort of understand the desire to start Travis, although I currently disagree.

But on what tangible basis is he part of our strongest team? 

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Can sort of understand the desire to start Travis, although I currently disagree.

On the basis that our first choice rb is injured and he is the other lad who has been playing rb all season. Yes, it’s the  reserves but they are 1pt away from winning the league against PL equivalent oppos.

It also allows Bennett to go back into midfield and Evans on the bench. This in turn may mean that instead of playing tentatively with two defensive midfielders we might take the game to the opposition.

IMHO.

16 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

When we need passion, drive, determination, finesse I wouldn't have Whittingham any further south than Charnock Richard tomorrow, never mind in the starting line up.

But it's all about opinions.

COYB!! 

• J*B pinned this topic
24 minutes ago, Stuart said:

On the basis that our first choice rb is injured and he is the other lad who has been playing rb all season. Yes, it’s the  reserves but they are 1pt away from winning the league against PL equivalent oppos.

It also allows Bennett to go back into midfield and Evans on the bench. This in turn may mean that instead of playing tentatively with two defensive midfielders we might take the game to the opposition.

IMHO.

Respect that argument, but personally feel that now isnt the time for inexperience and the untested.

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Respect that argument, but personally feel that now isnt the time for inexperience and the untested.

He's played a few games, hardly untested but I can understand the fine margins in making decisions such as TM has to. I do feel we need Bennets energy in midfield and that leaves either Caddis or Travis and I know which of them I would choose.

7 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Ya, and you suggest what having never seen a bloody match?

Edit: apologies for the knee jerk reaction to your post but the sentiment remains. I'm wound up and touchy.

My post was my view and opinion based upon how I would change things for the forthcoming fixture at Bristol Rovers. I'm not saying I'm right or wrong but it's just pre-match chat and debate. Have you ever been involved in that Bigdog face to face with Rovers fans?

I wear my heart on my sleeve and will never apologise for that. I do think that some that post don't realise or appreciate the depth of meaning that Rovers have to our personal heritage and town.

It's great that we've still got 'supporters' from wherever but they can't truly feel what 'WE feel'. or am I wrong?

You're wrong. Very wrong. I've never lived within 150 miles of Elwood but don't tell me I don't 'feel' 

I was working nights on Thursday  and checked the Shrewsbury score on the  BBC website very 30 seconds with permanent nervous butterflies. The IT department must have thought F5 was stuck on my keyboard. We feel it, trust me

• Backroom
4 hours ago, GreenRover said:

Massive game tomorrow. Need Dack on fire and our supporters to get behind the team and suck the ball into the net. COYB?⚪️⚽️????

If we're 'behind' the team, we should blow, not suck...

5 hours ago, K-Hod said:

There he is.

I’m looking forward to next season already, whichever division we’re in: “46 games to save our club”, “the Christmas party is cancelled”, interspersed with the occasional “NAPM”, “I’ll be back when they’ve gone”. It’ll be right riveting. If you’re a goldfish.

7 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

If you've never been to Ewood, the home of football, you don't know your shit from your Shinola.

Is that directed at me ?

Hope not because where did I say I have never been to Ewood ? I said I have never lived within 150 miles. That's quite different.. It just means every home game has meant a 380 mile round trip. 

oh, which I've been doing with my dad since 1980

Screenshot_20180414-070334.jpg

10 hours ago, darrenrover said:

We'll be doing that as long as we're behind a goal! 

Did you manage to get a ticket GreenRover?

It was on that famous Saturday the second Day of May...................

Let's put it right,

COYB!!!

The only way we'll put that right is by preventing from PNE going up. Remember it was them who f........ it up not the pretend BRFC!       :lol:

Well my journey has begun

06:53-07:15 Clitheroe-Blackburn
07:23-07:46 Blackburn-Preston
08:17-09:33 Preston-Wolverhampton 
09:41-09:58 Wolverhampton-Birmingham
10:12-11:48 Birmingham-Bristol.

That’s the easy part. Getting home is a right palaver. Still 3 points will make it all worth it. 

I've got a naggging feeling that Whittingham and Conway will start today in typical Mowbray fashion to avoid conceding but neither should start. Mowbray needs to send positive vibes out by selecting a team which asks questions about Bristol rather than answer question set by them. Use Conway as sub as he can be effective against tired legs and Whittingham as bag carrier as he shouldn't even be a sub.

For those saying don't go for Travis because he is too inexperienced......what has been lacking in midfield in recent games is energy........personally would play Travis here and let him run. On the whole the defence has looked steady in recent weeks so I would leave Bennett where he is but if I was to move Bennett back into midfield I consider Lenihan at RB with Downing coming in the centre. Caddis is too slow and gets caught up field far too often.

7 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Well my journey has begun

06:53-07:15 Clitheroe-Blackburn
07:23-07:46 Blackburn-Preston
08:17-09:33 Preston-Wolverhampton 
09:41-09:58 Wolverhampton-Birmingham
10:12-11:48 Birmingham-Bristol.

That’s the easy part. Getting home is a right palaver. Still 3 points will make it all worth it. 

Good luck mate. May all your connections be on time ?

2 hours ago, bob fleming said:

I’m looking forward to next season already, whichever division we’re in: “46 games to save our club”, “the Christmas party is cancelled”, interspersed with the occasional “NAPM”, “I’ll be back when they’ve gone”. It’ll be right riveting. If you’re a goldfish.

“I’m desperate for “our” club to be saved from more debt, more problems, more pain, more losses, more fans walking away:...”

”What... go and support them? With my own time and money? You must be joking...”

6 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

I've got a naggging feeling that Whittingham and Conway will start today in typical Mowbray fashion to avoid conceding but neither should start. Mowbray needs to send positive vibes out by selecting a team which asks questions about Bristol rather than answer question set by them. Use Conway as sub as he can be effective against tired legs and Whittingham as bag carrier as he shouldn't even be a sub.

For those saying don't go for Travis because he is too inexperienced......what has been lacking in midfield in recent games is energy........personally would play Travis here and let him run. On the whole the defence has looked steady in recent weeks so I would leave Bennett where he is but if I was to move Bennett back into midfield I consider Lenihan at RB with Downing coming in the centre. Caddis is too slow and gets caught up field far too often.

I agree regarding the midfield, we need some energy and athleticism in there. I'd start with Travis. If he doesn't make a difference switch him to right back with Bennett moving forward. You could bench either of Smallwood or Evans at the moment.

Being really radical you could bench both of them and play Travis and Bennett in midfield with Caddis at right back.

i fancy another draw to be honest, we're not playing well enough for me to expect a win down there.

Archived