BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bristol Rovers v THE ROVERS

• Moderation Lead
9 hours ago, AlanK said:

You're wrong. Very wrong. I've never lived within 150 miles of Elwood but don't tell me I don't 'feel' 

I was working nights on Thursday  and checked the Shrewsbury score on the  BBC website very 30 seconds with permanent nervous butterflies. The IT department must have thought F5 was stuck on my keyboard. We feel it, trust me

Nice post, but perhaps slightly tainted by auto correct mugging you off.

What’s an Elwood?

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I agree regarding the midfield, we need some energy and athleticism in there. I'd start with Travis. If he doesn't make a difference switch him with Bennett. You could bench either of Smallwood or Evans at the moment.

Being really radical you could bench both of them and play Travis and Bennett in midfield with Caddis at right back.

I just don’t get why people would consider bringing Travis into the centre when we’ve effectively got 5 cup finals to play. I know Travis is a decent player like but if he gets sent off again? Im not suggesting he should be benched for ever but surely we go with the experience and give them the responsibility? 

I would go Bennett back in the centre with Smallwood though. I think we are due a bit of a change around.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I agree regarding the midfield, we need some energy and athleticism in there. I'd start with Travis. If he doesn't make a difference switch him to right back with Bennett moving forward. You could bench either of Smallwood or Evans at the moment.

Being really radical you could bench both of them and play Travis and Bennett in midfield with Caddis at right back.

i fancy another draw to be honest, we're not playing well enough for me to expect a win down there.

I would apply the same logic used for not playing young players to that of playing players clearly who out of form. Using Smallwood as the example he has been average/poor for weeks now but is still one of the first names on the team sheet. My guess is that he is being picked for his experience. When a player is off form he can become a liability and often is. Using the 'not ready' excuse doesn't cut it for me. If they are better than we we have and therefore strengthen the team get them in.

Just digging through the stats ahead of Saturdays bets and there's no doubt this is going to be a real tough game. 

Bristol only failing to score twice at home in 20 games. On the flip side they only have 2 clean sheets too all season so if we aren't scoring at least one here we're going to have to play pretty dire. 

The final thing that stood out is that they score a massive 42% of their goals in the last 15 mins so we're gonna have to stay switched on here for the full 90+ mins. 

Everything is pointing to a nail biter here I'm afraid and definitely not looking forward to it folks. 

2-1 Rovers is my prediction but a lot of squeaking backsides and soiled kecks in the process. 

Enjoy your Saturdays..... 

35 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I agree regarding the midfield, we need some energy and athleticism in there. I'd start with Travis. If he doesn't make a difference switch him to right back with Bennett moving forward. You could bench either of Smallwood or Evans at the moment.

i fancy another draw to be honest, we're not playing well enough for me to expect a win down there.

You are spot on.

I would also consider dropping Conway, put Bennett narrow right side of a midfield three with Smallwood and let Travis bomb from right back. This would give midfield energy from Bennett as well as cover for Travis.

Bennett drifts inside when playing wide right anyway

14 minutes ago, Biz said:

Smallwood does more with his voice on the pitch than many seem willing to credit him for! 

How do you know that somebody like Travis doesn't? My point wasn't particular to Smallwood. He was the best current example I could apply but over the course of a season there are several who fall into this category of poor form but retaining their place.

35 minutes ago, Biz said:

I just don’t get why people would consider bringing Travis into the centre when we’ve effectively got 5 cup finals to play. I know Travis is a decent player like but if he gets sent off again? Im not suggesting he should be benched for ever but surely we go with the experience and give them the responsibility? 

I would go Bennett back in the centre with Smallwood though. I think we are due a bit of a change around.

Any player is only tackle away from a sending off. 

Experience can bring nerves. Adrenalin from inexperience can hide nerves.

Why drop Evans for Smallwood, Evans has been the better player in the last few week. Smallwood has been a shadow of the player from before Christmas.

• Moderation Lead

Just hid a few posts. Can we not call each other morons or other names in threads please? Do whatever you want via PM if you are determined to insult each other.

Just now, K-Hod said:

Just hid a few posts. Can we not call each other morons or other names in threads please? Do whatever you want via PM if you are determined to insult each other.

So I am not good supporter because I do not come from Blackburn? you agree? or a moronic post?

20 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Ya, and you suggest what having never seen a bloody match?

Edit: apologies for the knee jerk reaction to your post but the sentiment remains. I'm wound up and touchy.

My post was my view and opinion based upon how I would change things for the forthcoming fixture at Bristol Rovers. I'm not saying I'm right or wrong but it's just pre-match chat and debate. Have you ever been involved in that Bigdog face to face with Rovers fans?

I wear my heart on my sleeve and will never apologise for that. I do think that some that post don't realise or appreciate the depth of meaning that Rovers have to our personal heritage and town.

It's great that we've still got 'supporters' from wherever but they can't truly feel what 'WE feel'. or am I wrong?

WRONG - Ill informed - Rubbish 

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

How do you know that somebody like Travis doesn't? My point wasn't particular to Smallwood. He was the best current example I could apply but over the course of a season there are several who fall into this category of poor form but retaining their place.

I don’t know that he isn’t a leader but I still would rather put the responsibility on those who’ve experienced that pressure before.

I also don’t agree on several lacking form over the course of the season but retaining their place. Just a different opinion, but I think most have performed up to expectation bar a few who’ve then dissapeared for long spells ala Gladwin and Whittingham.

1 hour ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Any player is only tackle away from a sending off. 

Experience can bring nerves. Adrenalin from inexperience can hide nerves.

Why drop Evans for Smallwood, Evans has been the better player in the last few week. Smallwood has been a shadow of the player from before Christmas.

I rate Smallwood above Evans in terms of his positive contribution to the team overall. I still think Evans does a job though, and I could understand if he doesn’t change at all.

I think Bennett is the type of personality we need in these games, and he has more impact in the centre. Hence thinking I’d change it up, but I guess that depends on who is available at right back and what they’ve looked like in training/u23. 

• Moderation Lead
34 minutes ago, Mark45 said:

So I am not good supporter because I do not come from Blackburn? you agree? or a moronic post?

Eh? Definitely not what I said Mark. 

The posts you allude to have been dealt with and clarified already, you were a bit late to the party in blowing your top, other people beat you to it.

To reiterate, no more name calling please.

19 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Eh? Definitely not what I said Mark. 

The posts you allude to have been dealt with and clarified already, you were a bit late to the party in blowing your top, other people beat you to it.

To reiterate, no more name calling please.

You maybe should deal with the source,  not the very clear/obvious reaction I and many posters above already feel.

BayArena for me today, I hope for 3 points in Bristol and Leverkusen.

Armstrongs been poor recently. I would still play him but i am just stating it. Such a shame that there is no room in the starting 11 for Payne. I dont think that he will be with us next season.

The team is kinda spot on thou

hope for a 0-1 win

Archived