BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bristol Rovers v THE ROVERS

An unchanged side after Tuesday’s awful, knackered looking performance.

Tinkers when he doesn’t need to and sticks when we need fresh legs. Two defensive midfielders and our best midfielder at right back.

He must like the pressure because if we don’t win this one then it’s all on Mowbray.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Tom said:

I also would have had Bennett in the middle 

A win would he mahoosive but feeling a draw most likely 

With the resources at our disposal we shouldn’t be feeling like this.

I want to slap TM around the head with a wet lettuce and ask him what he's playing at!

A group of players who couldn't manage a shot on target for 65 mins, Tuesday, and who looked tired/uninterested are asked to go again.

I'd love to be proved wrong but this isn't a team to win a game ?

Just now, barry_ said:

I want to slap TM around the head with a wet lettuce and ask him what he's playing at!

A group of players who couldn't manage a shot on target for 65 mins, Tuesday, and who looked tired/uninterested are asked to go again.

I'd love to be proved wrong but this isn't a team to win a game ?

Completely agree. Drop all 11 of them and bring in the kids.

Off with his head to.

Fancy picking the players that got us to the brink of promotion again after 1 sloppy performance. What is he thinking

Incredibly weak bench bar Payne, not one of them should be starting.

Come on you super blues, let's have a right good go! ;)

Payne to come off the bench and score the winner.

Clearly our best line-up in my opinion, could make an argument for Payne starting but he always looks more effective from the bench. Can understand some of the clamour to move Bennett into central midfield, but we've conceded only one game in five games since Bennett moved to right-back so understandably Mowbray not wanting to disrupt the defence and bring in someone like Caddis who hasn't played in months.

5 minutes ago, FGS5635 said:

Completely agree. Drop all 11 of them and bring in the kids.

Off with his head to.

Fancy picking the players that got us to the brink of promotion again after 1 sloppy performance. What is he thinking

I suggest you look at the the 'team' that got the us to where we are... wasn't with Evans in (for the large part).

Some of our best performances have been with Bennett in centre mid.

Antonnsen?

Armstrong wasted on the wing?

1 up top

Many of the games that we've managed to win have been dross - only won because the opposition were poor.

I'm told that it's all about the end result.

Meh, we're Blackburn Rovers.

Pandering to the opposition when we should be going at teams is poor.

Just now, barry_ said:

I suggest you look at the the 'team' that got the us to where we are... wasn't with Evans in (for the large part).

Some of our best performances have been with Bennett in centre mid.

Antonnsen?

Armstrong wasted on the wing?

1 up top

Many of the games that we've managed to win have been dross - only won because the opposition were poor.

I'm told that it's all about the end result.

Meh, we're Blackburn Rovers.

Pandering to the opposition when we should be going at teams is poor.

But that  HAS got us to where we are now with just fives games to go. Why try and change things and suddenly think we can be and play like Barcelona ?

Lets get over the line doing what we ve done all season .

37 minutes ago, FGS5635 said:

Just need a faster start today and hopefully the 1st goal. Also need Graham to play well today, he is key to how we play.

Stop Graham and we struggle

Disagree on the above point.

teams play 4 across the midfield and isolate the wide men added to kicking rovers midfielders off the park that’s why we have struggled recently

• Backroom

Sounds like we’ve had a couple early free kicks out wide and the pitch is a stinker!

Could today be the day we actually score from a corner?

• Backroom

9' - #Rovers controlling the early exchanges here, with plenty of possession, but no real chances to report at either end just yet. 0-0.

17 minutes ago, Doaksie said:

Time to make the difference Bradley. And you can go out tonight and drink all the Strongbow your heart desires. Need the big players to step up today. And I fancy they will. 

On the money!

As for the Bennett at RB or CM debate. No Nyambe (and in particular his mobility) is the reason, with the alternatives in Caddis an obvious target for any opponent or throwing Travis in at a crucial time.

Bennett may start the game at RB but might not finance there too if TM goes to 3 at back.

Set out to stifle again giving huge respect to the opposition it seems ?

I said a while back it's very risky to try and draw your way to promotion :o

Hopefully we don't concede and things open up a bit in the second half, hard dealing with ariel bombardments all afternoon though !

I do think at times they should set up more to play to Armstrong's strengths theres a good talent there but sometimes it's all aimed a Graham.

It's worked at times obviously but so has getting it in front of Stretch on the deck quickly.

Archived