SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bristol Rovers v THE ROVERS

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, tomphil said:

So annoying but so so so predictable,

Why the hell we can't go after teams from the off with the bundles of quality we have I don't know, the teams bound to go in it's shell if the tactics reflect that.

We simply can't go to places to draw or pinch a result we are at our best playing to our attacking strengths.

What in gods name is he so scared of ?

Wouldn’t call the starting line up not Attack minded, mate. Can’t put a finger on it.

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Anyone else wouldn’t be that bothered if Mowbray did take the Ipswich post? Think him to be a very uninspiring manager

Joint top of the league - some folk are never satisfied. 

Anyone else wouldn’t be that bothered if Mowbray did take the Ipswich post? Think him to be a very uninspiring manager

And we spiral back into the turmoil of the last few years? A couple of bad (ish) results and people want to rip apart all that’s been done in the last 12 months? Really weak attitude.

It was better than Tuesday, that’s the only good part, that and Wigan failed to win at home. 

Gut wrenching goal. I agree with the lad that said we don’t look like scoring from open play.

I though Lenihan was terrific today. 

Still 5 points ahead, really 6 points with the +17 goal difference.

In the 13 months TM has been in charge, have we ever not gone all out defense from 60-65 minute mark with a one goal lead.

How many points has Williams cost us this season from inside the opposition 6 yard box and closer? If he could score absolute sitters he would be our 3rd top scorer - not even exaggerating. Can't help but feel he is only playing because he has this "every minute of every game" streak going.

Wigan drawing makes this feel even worse!

Just now, DE. said:

We haven't played well in a long time now. We do not want to go into the playoffs in this form.

We wouldn’t win the play-offs, I just know we wouldn’t. Too much has gone on for the past 7/8 years for us to go on and win at Wembley. Have to get the business done to go up automatically. 

Just now, Tugay's Right Foot said:

Wouldn’t call the starting line up not Attack minded, mate. Can’t put a finger on it.

True there's always enough quality in the starting line up but it's the instructions that bother me. Mind i'm just going off the radio commentary who seemed to think Rovers weren't showing enough urgency and the set up wasn't attack minded enough.

Bristol are a physical side though and that type have been our undoing at times all season, credit them but it's something Rovers should've been prepared for in the recruitment I feel. Be a right dogs dinner if that's what ends up costing us.

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

We wouldn’t win the play-offs, I just know we wouldn’t. Too much has gone on for the past 7/8 years for us to win at Wembley. Have to get the business done to go up automatically. 

And we will go up automatically!  ?

2 minutes ago, Stuart said:

The problem is not Wigan it’s Shrewsbury. 4 points dropped in our last two.

But don’t worry someone will be along soon to tell us about our precious unbeaten run. Or maybe Kamy in Twitter.

Have Shrewsbury not dropped 5 points in their last 3 games just got to think which position you would rather be in  our are theirs

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Joint top of the league - some folk are never satisfied. 

When you miss a sitter and then go on to concede with the final kick then a bit of disappointment is to be expected.

I on the other hand am much calmer, knowing that we have just about fecked up our slim chances of winning this tinpot league.

Not satisfied with performances this year no, never dominant, scared to attack. With the players we have I can’t help but feel we should be better yes

Scared to attack? Something like 4th top scorers in England and with a GD of +39. 

We we are all gutted with the result especially with it being the last kick and Wigan drawing. But as someone else said the reactions go ridiculously overboard after a negative result and some need to give their heads a wobble. 

• Backroom
Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

We wouldn’t win the play-offs, I just know we wouldn’t. Too much has gone on for the past 7/8 years for us to go on and win at Wembley. Have to get the business done to go up automatically. 

Agreed, although our players suddenly seem desperate for a trip to Wembley :unsure:

Just now, tomphil said:

True there's always enough quality in the starting line up but it's the instructions that bother me. Mind i'm just going off the radio commentary who seemed to think Rovers weren't showing enough urgency and the set up wasn't attack minded enough.

Bristol are a physical side though and that type have been our undoing at times all season, credit them but it's something Rovers should've been prepared for in the recruitment I feel. Be a right dogs dinner if that's what ends up costing us.

Quite right there. Can’t remember much threat in the first half blimey. What can be done to Dack to fire him up again?!

Archived