BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bristol Rovers v THE ROVERS

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Gordon Gekko said:

Been looking at the table the last half hour thinking of different scenarios. Bloody hell cant handle this, especially after last year! 

If the Shrews win on Tuesday and we fail to beat the Posh we really could be in trouble. Would you's take needing a win now at home to Oxford to go up??

On a stag do in Benidorm last game of the season! oh dear lol

Three wins and a draw for automatic promotion.

Just now, tomphil said:

Rushed him back a bit maybe, I wouldn't start him at the min and like I said earlier focus the attack on Armstrong through the middle. His strengths are being wasted imo

Plus lock Dack away from that blondie till about the end of May :lol:

....or lock me up with that blondie :rolleyes:

• Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Tough one to take, but those using the term "bottlers" need to cop themselves on. If we didn't concede that goal, the discussion now would be that the title is ours. That's how tight things are, plus we are decent distance from Shrewsbury still. We go again v Peterborough 

Here’s the thing - we did concede the goal and were very lucky not to late on v Southend as well, something wrong with that approach when leading 

Just now, Tom said:

Here’s the thing - we did concede the goal and were very lucky not to late on v Southend as well, something wrong with that approach when leading 

I’m struggling to understand. We had three forwards and an attacking midfielder on for the last 30, and were 4-4-2 for the last 15. What approach would you prefer, 2-3-5?

Just now, Tom said:

We are stumbling a bit, no doubt. I mean it is a tense situation we find ourselves in. Still, I fancy us to have enough to get over the line

We are stumbling a bit, no doubt. I mean it is a tense situation we find ourselves in. Still, I fancy us to have enough to get over the line

But are we stumbling ? draw away win at home ?Shrewsbury will look at it as another game we have nt  been beaten. Pressure back onto Shrews .

And meanwhile Wigan draw at home ..

• Backroom
Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

I’m struggling to understand. We had three forwards and an attacking midfielder on for the last 30, and were 4-4-2 for the last 15. What approach would you prefer, 2-3-5?

Well maybe we need to work on ball retention, We Had a free kick deep into injury time, yet within seconds they have scored! 

Anyway we could do with a favour from Charlton now who need a win to go into the top 6 so they should be up for it at least.

Either way we absolutely need to win on Thursday cause the two away games after that are very tricky looking 

5 minutes ago, Tom said:

True, we have an habit of sitting back when we are infront against both Southend & MK Dons could have easily lost points late on if it wasn't some brilliant saves by Raya. Keep doing that and it's only a matter of time before you drop points late on. In all fairness we had already made all three subs by the hour point so couldn't exactly change things to try and hold on to the lead. I imagine Bell might have been brought on if we had a sub available. Disappointing to concede a late goal but looking at the bigger picture we are still in a great position, Wigan & Shrewsbury dropping points has definitely softened the blow of only drawing these last two away games. Four to go and our fate is still in our own hands, lets see how Shrewsbury and Wigan do on Tuesday now. But no doubt about it Thursday game is a big one, got to win the two remaining home games at a minimum you would expect now. A win today would have given us some extra leeway in the run-in. Think it's going down to the last game against Oxford now, at this stage personally I'd happily take going into that game knowing we need to win to get promotion.

There's understandable nerves about them now but i'd leave off the bottle jobs tag till the end of the season.

That's why personally I'd want them getting after teams and pressing again from the off it suits us so much better and it should channel those nerves the right way, get a goal or two up and relax a bit.

Win the home games and draw away should be enough though.

Just now, HowieFive0 said:

But are we stumbling ? draw away win at home ?Shrewsbury will look at it as another game we have nt  been beaten. Pressure back onto Shrews .

And meanwhile Wigan draw at home ..

Ah we are stumbling a bit. Performances aren't great offensively. Dack and Armstrong seem to have gone off the boil. We are limping towards the line, unfortunately. Still a win Tuesday and a draw or loss for Shrewsbury and the table will look pretty safe 

Just now, Tom said:

Well maybe we need to work on ball retention, We Had a free kick deep into injury time, yet within seconds they have scored.

That's my main issue. The panicking and lack of professionalism in the last 10mins of games from the players. Too often just booting the ball away aimlessly. They need to put their foot on the ball and pass it about. 

Just now, Pedro said:

That's my main issue. The panicking and lack of professionalism in the last 10mins of games from the players. Too often just booting the ball away aimlessly. They need to put their foot on the ball and pass it about. 

Yep, our game management when 1 up this season in the final ten of games has been terrible. This has been coming - Southend gave us a pretty good indication of that. As you rightly say, we just don’t seem able to put a foot on the ball to calm things down; just hoods which then keep coming back at us. Just got to put this game to bed now and concentrate on Thursday. Absolute must win, nothing else will suffice and the players and management need to show that attitude too.

• Backroom
19 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Tough one to take, but those using the term "bottlers" need to cop themselves on. If we didn't concede that goal, the discussion now would be that the title is ours. That's how tight things are, plus we are decent distance from Shrewsbury still. We go again v Peterborough 

I agree that bottling is the wrong word. Most of the players have been like this all season, the only difference now is that Dack has stopped scoring and assisting. We need the likes of Evans, Bennett, Williams, Conway and Graham to step up - the big earners who had a helping hand in getting us into this division in there first place. Dack didn't and is probably on less than most if not all of them? 

It sounds like the issue from the game, according to twitter, is that we missed some great chances at 0-1

BBC mentioned looked tired. TM needs to get someone in the dressing room next week to Boost the team. We need to get out of this league this season.

Just now, AdamRochina said:

I'm from scunny you tosser 

You’re also the most miserable poster on these boards! And you have some competition! 

Just been on the Shrewsbury messageboard and they are laughing at this site and at all the meltdowns that are going on.

Just now, DE. said:

I agree that bottling is the wrong word. Most of the players have been like this all season, the only difference now is that Dack has stopped scoring and assisting. We need the likes of Evans, Bennett, Conway and Graham to step up - the big earners who had a helping hand in getting us into this division in there first place. Dack didn't and is probably on less than most if not all of them? 

Dack and Armstrong have disappeared. Two young lads though, so I agree it's up to some of the more experienced heads who brought us down, to now step up 

Just now, Cherry Blue said:

BBC mentioned looked tired. TM needs to get someone in the dressing room next week to Boost the team. We need to get out of this league this season.

I thought we would see changes today. Mowbray has clearly reverted to ultra conservative team selections and aiming to win by the odd goal, or draw at a minimum. Hopefully he succeeds with his gameplan. 

It's hard to take today's scoreline, as I feel a win would have finished Shrewsbury off. What can we do though? this is football. 

I thought we would see changes today. Mowbray has clearly reverted to ultra conservative team selections and aiming to win by the odd goal, or draw at a minimum. Hopefully he succeeds with his gameplan. 

It's hard to take today's scoreline, as I feel a win would have finished Shrewsbury off. What can we do though? this is football. 

Yeah worked wonders at Wolves last season. :rolleyes:

Archived