BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bristol Rovers v THE ROVERS

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It sounds like the issue from the game, according to twitter, is that we missed some great chances at 0-1

Watched it at Blues Bar. 

After we scored we had 3 good chances plus 2 good chances in 1st half to score we missed them. 

Then a poor header clearance from Graham has lend to them scoring. 

Mowbray bought on Payne and Samuel. Payne wasnt in the game at all and Samuel didnt run enough in behind for me. But Mowbray kept 4 attacking players on the pitch all game. So people cant moan about Mowbray going defensively. But the Players are feeling the pressure now just like Wigan and Shrewsbury are. 

Keep the faith and calm down. I was disappointed/angry at drawing but calm down and looking at things much better. 

7 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Dack and Armstrong have disappeared. Two young lads though, so I agree it's up to some of the more experienced heads who brought us down, to now step up 

Graham, Dack and Armstrong all have gone off the game. Disappointed but form is temporary and class is permanent. This is why I suggested dropping Dack and Graham to freshen things up. Was moaned at by @roversfan99 for suggesting it. 

Teams are man marking Dack now and stopping us now. Most of us would do it thats why Dack and Armstrong should have swap and give them another problem

Seems all three teams are struggling at the minute. Even in div3 the pressure is giving everyone a wobble. 

If if we can beat Peterborough next Thursday that may be enough. 

Wins were the norm until recently. Suddenly a win is massive in this run in. 

Still gutted an hour later. Felt we were seconds from promotion.

Just now, Cherry Blue said:

I would hope TM is making our feelings known to the team.  We could have been feeling a lot easier tonight but it almost feels like we're running out of chances. 

I certainly hope he isn’t.

That equaliser was a real sickener. Knocked the wind out of me and probably all of us, but you have to try to see past that, you have to try and see the reality of the situation. Firstly, we’re still in a great position, today doesn’t change that. It was oh so near to being a much better position, but it’s still a position most of us would have taken at the beginning of the season. 

Then secondly you have to understand the strain of all this on the players. You don’t get to the top of any league with just a few games left without having put in an awful lot of hard graft, coupled with the application required over a 46 game season. Mowbray said after the game that the physical side of things had taken  its toll this last week. Evans went off with a tight hamstring and we know that Dack is suffering from the same problem. There will be others suffering similar symptoms as well. He said that they only got home at 5:30 am after the Gillingham game, then they had another 5 hour coach journey down to Bristol and these long travel periods only allow hamstrings to tighten even more. 

Now some call these lads “bottlers”. Well that’s easy sitting at home in an armchair and very unfair. For me, from what I’ve seen (and it’s nowhere near as much as a lot of you) these players have given everything this season. These last few games will be hard for them, it will be hard for Wigan and Shrewsbury as well. It won’t be easy, but if they can stay fit enough, they’re still favourites for automatic promotion. 

Stay with them.

• Backroom
Just now, The Big Picture said:

Seems all three teams are struggling at the minute. Even in div3 the pressure is giving everyone a wobble. 

It would have felt like we were nearly there, pressure on Shrews would have been massive. We just absolutely have to get back winning on Thursday.

Its torture not playing games at the same time as each other 

That was tough to take. 

The lads do look tired but that was a seriously heavy pitch.

We played better when we switched to 3 5 2 but that miss by Williams was costly

Still in our hands but must do better

Just now, The Big Picture said:

I said a few week ago that there will be some strange results last eight games or so  ..teams suddenly picking up points whilst those who should dont. Always happens but its not just happening to us both Shrews and Wigan getting caught up in it.

Id be more concerned if we d actually lost  any of these last two away games . A few people make light of this unbeaten run but if you aint losing you re in with a  chance of winning.

Again Shrews/Wigan fans will be wondering will we ever lose .

9 hours ago, Ossydave said:

The final thing that stood out is that they score a massive 42% of their goals in the last 15 mins so we're gonna have to stay switched on here for the full 90+ mins. 

Bloody stats eh, on the head again though sadly. 

So Tuesday is gonna be a lot more nervy than it could have been, Thursday even more so. 

This bottling talk is utterly pathetic though, anyone who thought today would be easy is out of touch completely with the league we're in. 

I think we'll move up a notch on Thursday and nick a win. Posh only 1 in 6 on the road against Bury. Keep the faith people, how are the players supposed to keep their cool when the fans are throwing toys all over the place. 

1 hour ago, Cherry Blue said:

I would hope TM is making our feelings known to the team.  We could have been feeling a lot easier tonight but it almost feels like we're running out of chances. 

what about tm making sure HE knows our feelings about his shit team selection and his piss poor tactics.

• Backroom

We needed a second goal today and just couldn't get it. On the plus side it doesn't sound like the Gillingham match at least. We seem to have created chances today, we just didn't take them. Even our goal was a penalty. We're heavily reliant on Dack and Graham, so when they aren't scoring we're praying for a Mulgrew free kick or pen. Not ideal. Still, we've gotten this far, we should still have enough. We also aren't losing, and in the end only dropping two points as opposed to three may be the difference. 

Just now, DE. said:

We're heavily reliant on Dack and Graham, so when they aren't scoring we're praying for a Mulgrew free kick or pen. Not ideal.

Bit unfair when Armstrong has been scoring quite a few since he signed. 'Relying' on 4 players for goals is pretty normal. Wigan do it, so do most teams. Sounds like we just didn't take our chances today. Hopefully they will fall to Armstrong rather than Williams on Thursday.

Needs to start Bennett in the middle on Thursday and put Lenihan at right back. 

Williams shows a lot of passion and looks like he's doing everything for the cause, but think he must honestly have some videos of Mowbray in a drunken coke gang bang on his phone to keep getting picked all the time. 

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Bit unfair when Armstrong has been scoring quite a few since he signed. 'Relying' on 4 players for goals is pretty normal. Wigan do it, so do most teams. Sounds like we just didn't take our chances today. Hopefully they will fall to Armstrong rather than Williams on Thursday.

Fair point on Armstrong. Just feels like our other players haven't chipped in enough goal wise, when you consider Mulgrew's total as a defender is at a very high number. It might just be that my perception is skewered though. 

Just now, Gordon Gekko said:

Williams shows a lot of passion and looks like he's doing everything for the cause, but think he must honestly have some videos of Mowbray in a drunken coke gang bang on his phone to keep getting picked all the time. 

Williams is a decent defender, but he is a centre half that can’t head the ball. He is dreadful going forward and his passing is so so poor. First half in particular he made several errors with the ball, really frustrating. Kept hitting the Bristol guy in front of him.

In a 4-5-1 you need your full backs to push on, especially if ur playing two defensive minded centre mids. This is the root of our problems right now. We are easy to frustrate and predictable in attack.

Very rarely have I felt completely deflated this season, but after the final whistle today was one such occassion.

We didn't play badly, had enough chances to win the game, but it wasn't to be on the day and sometimes that happens.

We never lost, are top of the league and well placed to go up, we shouldn't be so down hearted. The players and manager have done us proud this season and will finish the job off I'm sure.

Just a word for the traveling support, and in particular the ones that aren't Blackburn born and bred, don't have 'The Heritage' whatever that means......You're a credit to the club, and despite critisizm aimed at your from some quarters, I bet you're hurting just as much as every other Blackburn born and bred supporter this evening.

Dont let the occasional village idiot divide us, we're all Blackburn Rovers supports regrardless of where you're born.

onwards and upwards.

Mowbray needs to earn his money this week and find out what Dacks form has plummeted to such depths over the past few weeks. He is central to most of the good things we do but recently has looked lethargic and lazy. If he can't improve him then drop him. We can't afford passengers.

On today's game I thought a draw was fair on the balance of play and chances but the circumstances were galling and extremely disappointed. Once again the tempo was slow with very little intensity particularly in the first half. I thought there was a marked improvement in the second half when the sedate Evans was replaced in midfield by a more dynamic player namely Bennett. He won tackles, showed great energy and supported the attack and defence and significantly Smallwood looked better alongside him.

I thought Mowbray panicked a bit with his double change on 55 minutes which could really have left us vulnerable had there been an injury. The way the game went after the penalty with Bristol pushing on and us counter attacking perhaps Bell would have been a better option around 70 - 75 minutes. It also meant Graham had to play 90 minutes and the tired jump when he mis headed the ball led directly to the equaliser. Raya was very good today.

Not a disaster but maybe a wake up call to any over confidence that might be creeping in.

Archived