BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next season budget already in place

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Our current squad, some of the under 23s and four 5 million pound players(2 wingers, centre mid and a striker). That's promotion right there :P 

Are we being taken over ? Do you know something we don't :lol:

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Ipswich 20th out of 24, and people don't think Mick has done a good job? Ridiculous. Also fair play to Millwall and Preston, fantastic seasons for both considering their expenditure.

13 hours ago, DE. said:

If the transfer money is't there we won't have much choice, although Mowbray seems loathe to use many of our youth prospects which may not bode well for anybody expecting our youngsters to be blooded.

As you say, he won't have any choice.

Very negative reaction on here to what was essentially a very positive article. I hadn' t seen the LT article as I've been away for a few days on holiday but was told essentially the same tonight by someone in the know - I.e. that we already knew which players we wanted should we go up and Mike Cheston  had been given a list by the manager.

I took this as an extremely positive sign of more seemingly joined up thinking following the relatively normal and sensible happenings last summer which seem about to bear fruit.

7 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Very negative reaction on here to what was essentially a very positive article. I hadn' t seen the LT article as I've been away for a few days on holiday but was told essentially the same tonight by someone in the know - I.e. that we already knew which players we wanted should we go up and Mike Cheston  had been given a list by the manager.

I took this as an extremely positive sign of more seemingly joined up thinking following the relatively normal and sensible happenings last summer which seem about to bear fruit.

The most recent BRFCS podcast paints a more positive picture that some on here are claiming also 

I CANT BELIEVE IM WRITING THIS,

but after listening to the latest podcast, it seems Venkys are going to be our

best owners we could hope for at this time .I know they have made monumental mistakes with this football club 

and I as much as anyone have venomously hated them for what they done to my club after all the work JACK WALKER 

had done to make us a top team in England , after the best I as a supporter of this club since 1970 could hope for would 

be to be playing BURNLEY in a local derby or drawing top 1st division team in the cup .

I urge any fan who hasn’t listened to it do so now , it’s very enlightening especially the accounts section.

COMMON YOU BLUES - ONE TEAM ONE CLUB -WE ALL STAND TOGETHER........

1 hour ago, bluefred said:

I CANT BELIEVE IM WRITING THIS,

but after listening to the latest podcast, it seems Venkys are going to be our

best owners we could hope for at this time .I know they have made monumental mistakes with this football club 

and I as much as anyone have venomously hated them for what they done to my club after all the work JACK WALKER 

had done to make us a top team in England , after the best I as a supporter of this club since 1970 could hope for would 

be to be playing BURNLEY in a local derby or drawing top 1st division team in the cup .

I urge any fan who hasn’t listened to it do so now , it’s very enlightening especially the accounts section.

COMMON YOU BLUES - ONE TEAM ONE CLUB -WE ALL STAND TOGETHER........

Great, isn't it? 

When you hear the amount of money they have put and continue to do so, it does paint them in a positive light. 

Now, will they roll the dice and try and turn 20 million into 200 million? It seems like the best option

20 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Great, isn't it? 

When you hear the amount of money they have put and continue to do so, it does paint them in a positive light. 

Now, will they roll the dice and try and turn 20 million into 200 million? It seems like the best option

Think of what is the most sensible thing to do. Then expect the opposite, that's what the Chicken Chokers normally do.

I think alot of people are getting carried away over very little. This is the venkys where talking about. It's going to take alot more than a promotion out of league 1, 10 months of stability and a podcast to let me trust anything they do

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

I think alot of people are getting carried away over very little. This is the venkys where talking about. It's going to take alot more than a promotion out of league 1, 10 months of stability and a podcast to let me trust anything they do

Have you listened to the podcast? 

8 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Twice

Have you seen what the venkys have been doing since 2012

That’s not the point

The have bankrolled their errors with their own cash.

Now we are in a financial position where we aren’t losing money hand over fist. Phillip I think was the one on the podcast, said they are use to putting in 10-20m a season just to keep us going. Might not need to do that this year. Give it Tony and see if he can build a team challenging to get into the playoffs. If we somehow got promoted then Venkys could get most of their money back which is crazy to imagine.

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

That’s not the point

The have bankrolled their errors with their own cash.

Now we are in a financial position where we aren’t losing money hand over fist. Phillip I think was the one on the podcast, said they are use to putting in 10-20m a season just to keep us going. Might not need to do that this year. Give it Tony and see if he can build a team challenging to get into the playoffs. If we somehow got promoted then Venkys could get most of their money back which is crazy to imagine.

That's it. Like it or not, mistakes included they have put in serious wedge. I'd say it is pride. Whatever the reason, the next few months are a huge opportunity to atone for their sins , by putting in even more wedge! 

In for a Penny, in for a pound. They have committed so much  the only logical thing is to roll the dice and go for the premiership. Financially threading water in the championship makes no sense 

They can get around ffp up until the end of June. Lets see 

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

You must be completely insane to start classing Venkys as "good owners" on the back of an expected promotion from a league we find themselves in on the back of their decisions.

I can't believe what I am reading.

Never said they were good owners. I didn't read anyone else say it either. 

They have put huge money in. We are stuck with them and they are stuck with us. They are putting money in and that is more than can be said of a lot of other owners 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Never said they were good owners. I didn't read anyone else say it either. 

They have put huge money in. We are stuck with them and they are stuck with us. They are putting money in and that is more than can be said of a lot of other owners 

What other owners? Every single club owner puts the required money in for the club to operate. What they are doing is nothing special, nor is it anything to class them as "the best owners we could hope for at this time" as someone you have quoted has said. I'd assume the "best we can hope for" means the same as "good owners" wouldn't you?

They have put money in because of their own bad decisions. They hounded out every single experienced football director we had and changed the club from the top down. We have been without a proper board structure since they came and have continued in our downturn spiral. Over the course of 7 years they have cast aside any ambition, failed to remotely understand the culture of Rovers and Rovers fans and point blank refused to communicate with any single point of fan authority to the extreme of appointing a 'shadow director' that is hidden from public.

BDS, I challenge you, please, to point out something that they are doing or have done that qualifies them for the phrase "best possible owners we could hope for". Every fan in the country, whether they care or not, knows that Venkys have been some of the worst owners an English football club has ever had.

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

What other owners? Every single club owner puts the required money in for the club to operate. What they are doing is nothing special, nor is it anything to class them as "the best owners we could hope for at this time" as someone you have quoted has said. I'd assume the "best we can hope for" means the same as "good owners" wouldn't you?

They have put money in because of their own bad decisions. They hounded out every single experienced football director we had and changed the club from the top down. We have been without a proper board structure since they came and have continued in our downturn spiral. Over the course of 7 years they have cast aside any ambition, failed to remotely understand the culture of Rovers and Rovers fans and point blank refused to communicate with any single point of fan authority to the extreme of appointing a 'shadow director' that is hidden from public.

BDS, I challenge you, please, to point out something that they are doing or have done that qualifies them for the phrase "best possible owners we could hope for". Every fan in the country, whether they care or not, knows that Venkys have been some of the worst owners an English football club has ever had.

I didn't say they were the best possible owners we should hope for, so why do I have to qualify it? 

I bet we will spend more this summer than a lot of clubs in the championship. They aren't going anywhere, so I would see that as a positive. Would you not? Them putting money in, not not leaving. I would love if they sold up 

You don't need to tell me the damage that has been done since they took over 

Archived