BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next season budget already in place

45 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

There's bound to be interest in Dack. He's third division player of the year, scored a hatful of goals, and is the main reason why we are about to clinch promotion. It would be odd if we did not receive a bid for Dack. Whether the club receives an offer it cannot refuse, or Dack decides to go or stay, is another matter. Fortunately, we have a ready-made replacement in Payne, who is potentially better than Dack.  Mowbray's first task at the end of the season must be to sign Payne permanently. 

Potentially better tha Dack? Mmm, no, can't accept that! 

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Agree on towering centre back. Maybe the defender that signed for Sheff Utd instead of us could be option. 

Centre midfielder- Jon Nolan from Shrewsbury. Plus use Travis in centre midfield where he plays best for me. 

Sign Payne aswell. Plus 2 wingers which 1 must have pace. I like Josh Morris to be the other. 

Agree on Armstrong and possibly Chapman if injury free and back to full fitness. 

Plus a big target man

Would you loan Wharton again?

If you mean Ben Heneghan at Sheffield utd I'm pretty sure he hasn't made an appearance yet so that would suggest he ain't good enough. I'd forget that one 

4 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

What’s with the Jack Payne love fest, i think he has been rather ineffective for the most part, gotta wonder what Jack Vale or Rankin Costello can do.

15m for Dack would be tough to turn down.

Can't imagine anyone paying anything near that for dack, 10 mill less maybe. if he has a good season in the championship then maybe

1 hour ago, sparky12 said:

Can't imagine anyone paying anything near that for dack, 10 mill less maybe. if he has a good season in the championship then maybe

Well then that’s cool, he stays and we build around him, no arguments from me.

5 hours ago, sparky12 said:

If Marriot was attracting 8 mil bids, 10 mil for Dack is about right. A season at Championship level though and that will increase further.

20 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Agreed, I hope the club does everything possible to hold onto Dack. I think he has enjoyed his time here and is not the type to go looking for moves as his time at the Gils showed

Remember, Gillingham is very close to his home town in Essex.

All of his friends and family are there, plus that bird from Love Island he's still seeing.....and he's always down there any chance he gets.

If ANY Championship club (or better) comes in for Dack in and around the London/Essex area, he will want that move. I hope I am wrong but time will tell.

Watch this space.

Just now, BenRTID said:

All of his friends and family are there, plus that bird from Love Island he's still seeing.....and he's always down there any chance he gets.

If ANY Championship club (or better) comes in for Dack in and around the London/Essex area, he will want that move. I hope I am wrong but time will tell.

Watch this space.

Good job there is not that many of them then. Fulham, Reading and Ipswich are possibly the closest to that area and two of them would not be able to afford him and one is looking likely to be promoted and will possibly want players with Prem or Champs experience at least.

Hopefully someone is briefing him and holding up a few examples of how it's always better for a footballer to put his career first not a celebrity love life. Safer oop North for these lads in the long run.

1 hour ago, BenRTID said:

Watch this space.

Like who? Ipswich? QPR? Brentford? If we're selling our better players to the likes of them we might as well give up. Fulham are due to get their comeuppance as there's no way they've assembled that squad within FUP rules.

39 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Like who? Ipswich? QPR? Brentford? If we're selling our better players to the likes of them we might as well give up. Fulham are due to get their comeuppance as there's no way they've assembled that squad within FUP rules.

What is Fulham's net transfer spend? I didn't realise they had splurged. 

40 minutes ago, JHRover said:

If Fulham don't go up then you would expect both Cairney and Sessegnon to be sold on for big money come the end of the season so they probably would have the money to buy Dack if they where interested.

15 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

What is Fulham's net transfer spend? I didn't realise they had splurged. 

You don't get the likes of Mitrovic, Cairney and keep hold of Sessegnon in the Championship without a big spend. They were relegated in 2014 and so this should be their final season in receipt of parachute money.

7 minutes ago, JHRover said:

You don't get the likes of Mitrovic, Cairney and keep hold of Sessegnon in the Championship without a big spend. They were relegated in 2014 and so this should be their final season in receipt of parachute money.

They signed Cairney from us years ago, Mitrovic is on loan and Sessegnon came through the academy and signed a contract in 2017, his first professional contract.

I honestly don't think they have spent a lot at all, certainly not in the same region as Villa, Wolves, Newcastle last season etc. 

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

They signed Cairney from us years ago, Mitrovic is on loan and Sessegnon came through the academy and signed a contract in 2017, his first professional contract.

I honestly don't think they have spent a lot at all, certainly not in the same region as Villa, Wolves, Newcastle last season etc. 

Mitrovic will be on big Premier League money at Newcastle, so I'd expect Fulham are shelling out quite a lot towards his salary even if Newcastle are picking up part of the tab. They've managed to keep hold of Sessegnon despite lots of interest from Premier League clubs, the narrative at Rovers is that it is impossible to retain good players when top clubs come calling yet Fulham have managed it and haven't had any big sales to balance the books. Cairney cost them £3 million plus which was a steal but still a decent amount of money for a average sized Championship club. They might not be in the same bracket spending wise as Villa, Wolves and Newcastle but their revenues will be much less with reduced parachute cash and much smaller gates. Despite 3 years of failing to get back up they've managed to retain their best players in the face of interest from the league above and could well hit the jackpot because of it.

3 hours ago, islander200 said:

If Fulham don't go up then you would expect both Cairney and Sessegnon to be sold on for big money come the end of the season so they probably would have the money to buy Dack if they where interested.

Dack is going nowhere!  ??

30 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The CHAMPIONSHIP budget it is then :rover::rover::rover:

Mowbray has well and truly got them out of the shit, so they best give him what he deserves, he's certainly earned it. Can see them knocking for Nolan at Shrews.

Just now, Neal said:

Mowbray has well and truly got them out of the shit, so they best give him what he deserves, he's certainly earned it. Can see them knocking for Nolan at Shrews.

Still celebrating Neal? Just cracking open a bottle of champagne here! Keep smiling kidda!

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Bob's got scores to settle and they will be settled. Tonight:D

He's on the hunt isn't he? I'm on the record as saying before the season started that we were more likely to be relegated than promoted! I also said we wouldn't get near the 80 goals for the season that TM said was required. After our poor start I said we wouldn't make the playoffs and later on said automatic promotion was beyond us. I've also said recently that we had no chance of pipping Wigan for the title.

In short I am this season's Mercer! 

However I never, at any point called for TM to be sacked and did not vote in the poll. Well done TM. I don't know how you did it but you did it! Some of the performances, (usually half of each game!) were awful but we got the points which is all that matters (me being a Sam fan and all that).

I couldn't be more happy to be wrong so, shut up Bob and enjoy it! :P

Archived