BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Peterborough

17 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Give me the stats so. How often has he played upfront and how often has he been played on the wing? Break it down by there statto 

Full of wind. You said the left. The stats on that one would be rarely if ever.Which suggests you've never seen him play. 

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Mercer said:

We are playing a team with just one win in their last 5 games, who have lost their last 2 games (1 against 10 men) and who have recently changed their manager.

Best odds on a Rovers' win are 5/11 and you will be lucky if you can get 3/1 on a Rovers' win by 3 or more goals.  Tells you what the bookies think.

This is as good a game as you can get in the closing games when you are looking for automatic promotion.

Rovers to win in a canter and a 4-0 win at 20/1 looks a decent bet to me.

Glad to see you back pal!

7 hours ago, Mercer said:

We are playing a team with just one win in their last 5 games, who have lost their last 2 games (1 against 10 men) and who have recently changed their manager.

Best odds on a Rovers' win are 5/11 and you will be lucky if you can get 3/1 on a Rovers' win by 3 or more goals.  Tells you what the bookies think.

This is as good a game as you can get in the closing games when you are looking for automatic promotion.

Rovers to win in a canter and a 4-0 win at 20/1 looks a decent bet to me.

Don't know about scoring four goals as we seem to be struggling to put the ball in the net at the moment but it's time for the lads to strut their stuff and show collectively how stronger they are than the opposition. 

9 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Full of wind. You said the left. The stats on that one would be rarely if ever.Which suggests you've never seen him play. 

He has played on the left for us a number of times, so I would advise going back to some of the match reports in the Lancashire telegraph. It might give you some basis and knowledge. Will keep you from looking silly,  well I can't promise that I suppose. 

Another nerve shredding evening in store for us against a Peterborough team who could be pivotal to our promotion challenge as the are at Shrewsbury next Tuesday (24th). They will be organised, competitive and strong as most teams in this league are but one of my worries is that their gobshite of a manger and his assistant like to intimidate the match officials and have been quite successful doing this. Similar to most visiting teams this season I think they will come to waste time, spoil and play on the break. We simply have to overcome this preferably with an early goal. If they start killing the game early Mowbray, the players and us need to be on the referees case and out him under pressure to do something about it.

Just now, arbitro said:

Another nerve shredding evening in store for us against a Peterborough team who could be pivotal to our promotion challenge as the are at Shrewsbury next Tuesday (24th). They will be organised, competitive and strong as most teams in this league are but one of my worries is that their gobshite of a manger and his assistant like to intimidate the match officials and have been quite successful doing this. Similar to most visiting teams this season I think they will come to waste time, spoil and play on the break. We simply have to overcome this preferably with an early goal. If they start killing the game early Mowbray, the players and us need to be on the referees case and out him under pressure to do something about it.

I think you hit the nail on the head there as to how they will approach the game 

It's imperative we get an early goal and another soon after ideally! 

26 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He has played on the left for us a number of times, so I would advise going back to some of the match reports in the Lancashire telegraph. It might give you some basis and knowledge. Will keep you from looking silly,  well I can't promise that I suppose. 

He really hasn't. At least you admit you don't watch the games, which you've lied about previously. As a season ticket holder I have never seen Samuel on the left wing, never mind your assertion that he's played there as often as he has up front. Time to back down.

31 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Samuel plays through the middle or on the right wing.  He doesn't operate on the left and never has.  I'd be careful relying on the telegraph for positional line-ups as they don't always set them out in the paper as we line up.  We tend to play 4-2-3-1 whilst the telegraph usually list this as 4-5-1.

There are some players in the team at the moment who have done nothing to keep their place in the team in the last 2 or 3 games. Without making massive changes I think its worth giving some others a chance. Namely Travis at Right Back and Bell at Left back. We seem to lack energy at the moment. Bennett back to midfield would be a big help. Wish we had some pace out wide to call on other than Armstrong who wants to be central. If Graham is having another poor game give Nuttall a go instead of Samual. At least Nuttal has scored some goals in the last 6 months. 

Raya

Travis   Lenihan Mulgew Bell

Bennett Smallwood

Payne         Dack         Armstrong

Graham

If Dack still seems unfit?

Raya

Travis Lenihan Mulgrew Bell

Bennett Smallwood Whittingham Payne

Armstrong Graham

Peterborough are entering the last chance saloon as far as the play-offs are concerned and have to get results against us and Shrewsbury next week to realistically keep those hopes alive.

They've had a few setbacks recently including that damaging defeat on Saturday but are clearly a half decent side and have a couple of very dangerous players in Marriott and Maddison. I also worry about Evans who is a horrible man but certainly knows what he is doing and gets the results.

Only a win will do. Would be nice if we could actually play well as we have shown we are capable of as we did vs Shrewsbury and Wigan at home.

2 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Samuel plays through the middle or on the right wing.  He doesn't operate on the left and never has.  I'd be careful relying on the telegraph for positional line-ups as they don't always set them out in the paper as we line up.  We tend to play 4-2-3-1 whilst the telegraph usually list this as 4-5-1.

I am pretty sure he came on left wing in a few games, my mistake if not. I should have said that he has played on the wing as much as upfront. 

Just now, benhben said:

There are some players in the team at the moment who have done nothing to keep their place in the team in the last 2 or 3 games. Without making massive changes I think its worth giving some others a chance. Namely Travis at Right Back and Bell at Left back. We seem to lack energy at the moment. Bennett back to midfield would be a big help. Wish we had some pace out wide to call on other than Armstrong who wants to be central. If Graham is having another poor game give Nuttall a go instead of Samual. At least Nuttal has scored some goals in the last 6 months. 

Raya

Travis   Lenihan Mulgew Bell

Bennett Smallwood

Payne         Dack         Armstrong

Graham

I’d go with this too with Nyambe not quite back. With Evans having a slight hamstring issue I reckon though that TM will shunt Lenihan to RB, bring Downing in at CB and put Bennett CM. Also think he may go with Conway or Antonsson instead of Payne. Huge game.

This is going to be a tough test for Rovers.

Our players seem to be suffering from a combination of a bit of loss of form, nerves and some mental exhaustion.  Peterborough are a decent side who now have to throw caution to the wind and go for it given their result on Saturday.  They have some individuals who can cause us problems.  

I don't care how we play.  These next 4 games are all about the result.  We simply have to win this game regardless of what Shrewsbury do on Tuesday, given that following this we back on the road next week with away games at Doncaster and Charlton.

33 minutes ago, Kamy100 said:

Our players seem to be suffering from a combination of a bit of loss of form, nerves and some mental exhaustion.  Peterborough are a decent side who now have to throw caution to the wind and go for it given their result on Saturday.  They have some individuals who can cause us problems.  

I don't care how we play.  These next 4 games are all about the result.  We simply have to win this game regardless of what Shrewsbury do on Tuesday, given that following this we back on the road next week with away games at Doncaster and Charlton.

And Shrewsburys run in looks fair easier. On paper at least 

Wigans doesn't look so good. 

This could really go anyway 

29 minutes ago, Kamy100 said:

Our players seem to be suffering from a combination of a bit of loss of form, nerves, mental exhaustion, long bus journeys, bumpy pitches, bad refs, dreadful shooting at goal, patheitic heading ability, too many late nights out for a few........anything else? Any dew on the grass?

Just stop with the lame excuses and win the friggin games.

On 14/04/2018 at 19:39, Fraserkirky said:

I think we look better with Three at the back:

Raya

Lenihan Downing Mulgrew

Travis——————————-Bell

Bennett Smallwood

Dack

Armstrong Samuel

This has a bit more pace and athleticism about it.

against a team with the League 1 select team's striker and a Championship- coveted winger, I'd worry that your back 3 would be suicidal!  

I cant see what Bell has done to deserve a place when he's had chances, and defensively Williams was ok-ish last game - I'd have no argument with Travis at RB, but stick to a back 4, Lenihan has to play, Downing to the bench, he proved again twice last Sat that there's a mistake in him.

If he's recovered from playing 90 mins at Bristol, I'd far rather see Graham at CF [or anyone actually] than Samuel, Graham is a canny player, we shouldn't  underestimate how good he is back to goal, and how important that is the way we're playing at present.  He wins his fair share of free-kicks from the balls he gets shelled in his general direction.  I don't think we have another striker that can do that role and unless we miraculously speed up the passes forwards from the midfield, [rather than launch from the centre-backs] or acquire some width, the front 3 you suggested might be struggling.

15 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Our players seem to be suffering from a combination of a bit of loss of form, nerves, mental exhaustion, long bus journeys, bumpy pitches, bad refs, dreadful shooting at goal, patheitic heading ability, too many late nights out for a few........anything else? Any dew on the grass?

Just stop with the lame excuses and win the friggin games.

And we are still somehow managing not to lose :) 

I remember that dew on the grass comment, good lord, I never wanted to punch someone through a tv screen as much as then 

1 hour ago, Kamy100 said:

Quite right Kamy... BUT - if we don’t win this, then we win the next one. That’s all there is to it.

Archived