BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Peterborough

Just now, Mike E said:

Is there a deadline for getting in the ground after Kick-off? I finish work in Preston at 7pm and am tempted to rush down for this game.

Every supporter helps!

They'll let you in if you're late, if you've got a ticket. They have someone on the big gate between the BBE and JW.

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Never ever has there been a better incentive to grab a game by the bollocks from kick off.

Don't let this one slide Tony and the boys go and nail them.

Highly unlikely. Mowbray isn't wired that way - and very rarely is his team.

I'm expecting a tense night and a 1-1 draw 

Just now, jim mk2 said:

I never take the opposition for granted but these lost 1-0 at home to Rochdale on Saturday Jim. Real Madrid they aren't. If we can't do the business in games like this any thoughts of us doing well in a higher league are just pie in the sky.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I never take the opposition for granted but these lost 1-0 at home to Rochdale on Saturday Jim. Real Madrid they aren't. If we can't do the business in games like this any thoughts of us doing well in a higher league are just pie in the sky.

I'd like to think so but nerves will be jangling and I suspect Mowbray will be more interested in not losing than winning. 

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Same here and to be honest that approach didn't do us any good at the end of last season so hopefully lesson learned if an opportunity is there give it all you've got don't be looking back thinking I wish i'd been bolder.

7 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

They aren't really 'normal' games this time of the season as I'm sure you know. Nerves kick in, muscles tighten, heads go. Rovers players and Mogga will know a win virtually seals 2nd spot so the presurre will be huge. Posh will be the usual grind for that reason. Its rarely easy at Ewood anyway.

Time for cool heads, up and at 'em from the off.

I'd start:

Raya

Lenihan    Williams   Mulgrew   Bell

Smallwood   Bennett

Armstrong     Dack   Antonsson

Graham

I think the 4 front men as depicted have served us best. Although I'm not a fan of Antonsson per se,  he's my preferred option in that role from what's available. We need Bennett's box to box energy in the engine room. 

I hope all Rovers' fans, from wherever they're from, make the effort to get down to Ewood in numbers and cheer the boys in blue and white home.

Just now, JacknOry said:

Bell? Was he that good at Fleetwood then?

He was very good at Fleetwood, but he was played in his natural position there, hasn't been here. For me he is better than Williams by far and will be more suited to the championship as I think Mowbray will go more with the wing backs next season, if we go up.

Bell's hardly had a chance to start a game as an actual left back.

For me, Williams is a pretty good centre half, but a bang average left back - though unless we go three at the back, he's not going to get a sniff in that position.

• Backroom

It’s a weird one with Williams he’s played a ridiculous amount of consecutive games without playing particularly well.

Mowbray seems really reluctant to displace him but I think Bell is worthy of a place 

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Bell's hardly had a chance to start a game as an actual left back.

For me, Williams is a pretty good centre half, but a bang average left back - though unless we go three at the back, he's not going to get a sniff in that position.

Fully agree, Williams had the best game I have seen him play in a Rovers shirt when he was a centre back against Bradford. Left back though, poor.

Bell is head and shoulders above Williams as a left back. For whatever reason he doesn't get a sniff for Rovers in favour of an out of position and bang average player.

Williams must be very influential in the dressing room. It's the only possible reason I can see for him getting a go. When Bell plays he gets round the outside, beats the man and wins a corner or whips it in. When Williams plays he cuts back, plays the side ways ball 9 times out of 10.

In terms of defending there really isn't much apart from them except Bell is quicker. Both can be out of position and neither are the best in the air.

Rather Bell than Williams every day of the week.

Archived