BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Peterborough

13 minutes ago, Blow-in said:

Lads going to the game tonight. First time driving where is the best place to park for the game?

I usualy park in one of these car parks at night matches as i am on the last minute ...£4

BB2 4JZ  Branch Road

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If all our front 4 are firing on all cylinders then we may well give this lot a stuffing. Easy for me to say this sat at home but surely our boys must be well up for tonight, knowing that they are so so close to promotion now. If I was in that squad I would itching already to get on the pitch and get the job done. 

Just now, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

If all our front 4 are firing on all cylinders then we may well give this lot a stuffing. Easy for me to say this sat at home but surely our boys must be well up for tonight, knowing that they are so so close to promotion now. If I was in that squad I would itching already to get on the pitch and get the job done. 

I am rearing to go, but as I am not in the squad unfortunately :)  I will be watching the game with a nice cold beer this evening. Cracking evening ahead 

4 minutes ago, den said:

Even a draw tonight would leave Shrewsbury effectively 7 points behind with one game in hand. We have to slip up big time now to miss out. Won’t happen. 

I'd have been just as confident as most on here had the Prophet of Doom, Mercer, not made a reappearance this week. We've lost just the once since his '4-0 walk in the park' weekly predictions stopped.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I am rearing to go, but as I am not in the squad unfortunately :)  I will be watching the game with a nice cold beer this evening. Cracking evening ahead 

There are beers chilling in the fridge, there are peanuts in the cupboard, there is hope in my head, and belief in my heart. Time to show league 1 we are better than this. Total confidence about tonight. 7.45 can't come quick enough. 

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Tonight's a formality, a licence to print money.  Lumped on Rovers' win at 1/2 with my fun bet on Rovers score of 4-1 at 21/1.

2 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I'd have been just as confident as most on here had the Prophet of Doom, Mercer, not made a reappearance this week. We've lost just the once since his '4-0 walk in the park' weekly predictions stopped.

1 minute ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

You missed the above then

Just now, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

There are beers chilling in the fridge, there are peanuts in the cupboard, there is hope in my head, and belief in my heart. Time to show league 1 we are better than this. Total confidence about tonight. 7.45 can't come quick enough. 

Nuts, I need some nuts too

No smart comments from anyone please :) 

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You can go 2-0  up too early. I've seen it happen many times. You don't know how to play it, your opponents have only one option. 90th minute is the ideal time for the second goal.

I would prefer to go 2-0 up than be 1-0 up :)

I do take your point though 

9 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You can go 2-0  up too early. I've seen it happen many times. You don't know how to play it, your opponents have only one option. 90th minute is the ideal time for the second goal.

It's never to early to go 2-0 up. What you have then got to do is press to go 3-0 up and so on.

I am really looking forward to this game. This may be the toughest game left for us, as Posh are striving for playoff spot. Lots of talent in our starting 11, & the bench has been strong all season. Glad to see Dack, et al, our lads recognized for their excellent play 

No way do I want Rovers going to The Valley, needing 3 pts to maintain their lead. 

I don’t see a tie tonight; a big win, hopefully in front of a raucous crowd, & auto promotion isn’t far away. 

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'd settle for being 2 up early tonight!

But I know what you're saying Tyrone.

Funnily enough, I wouldn't be too perturbed if Posh got an early goal because then I'm sure we'd finish up convincing winners.

10 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

I'd settle for being 2 up early tonight!

But I know what you're saying Tyrone.

Funnily enough, I wouldn't be too perturbed if Posh got an early goal because then I'm sure we'd finish up convincing winners.

I was thinking the exact same today. It's holding leads that gives me nerves, not coming back if a goal down.

Having said that, we have all mentioned here many times how nervy it is when we go ahead in games, but the reality is we are very, very hard to beat.  

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I think we need 2 early ones to calm the nerves

I’m not sure I can handle the nerves of watching Rovers defend a two goal early lead. We never seem to have a clue what to do at 2-0 up. 

Archived