BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Peterborough

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

I heard a guy behind me (talking about Williams) say (and this is word for word) ‘I’m @#/?ing sick of watching that prick be shit every week and having Amari’i Bell sat on the bench’. 

Succinctly, if a little aggressively put.

This really have been dire. We could have been 3-0 down and it would have been deserved. We have had zero shots on goal and our "playmaker" is MIA. I dont know what TM is telling these guys but we haven't been playing for the last month.

Full backs terrible Bennett clearly out of position and getting beaten every time. Giving the ball away far too easily and so many misplaced passes. Worst of all there's no speed or pace in the team - when we break it is ridiculously slow. Not sure how we are 2nd on this showing...

Mowbray has gone back to how he was at the start of the season. Wrong formation/personnel and won’t change and we look poor. Again.

Get Bennett back in midfield and stop trying to continually play through a well-marked Armstrong to try to cross to pygmies facing giants.

well what a half we could not  retain the ball, the passing was let say bad,  if we go up we will need almost a new team, lets hope the second half is better it cannot get worse, well I hope not

• Backroom

That was crap. Even a genuine worldie from Raya was met with ineptitude.

We don't look like a promotion side. Noticed that Dack is receiving the ball in the middle instead of in attack more.

Needs rectifying.

If anyone thinks Mulgrew/Lenihan is going to cut it as a partnership in the Championship i think they might be in for a rude awakening.  It contributed to us getting relegated the season before this, Charlie's another year older and they're getting a right going over by a single striker (albeit a very mobile one) tonight.  First signing required (as it arguably was this season) - a proper, first choice, old school, hairy-arsed, take-no-prisoners, Colin Hendry/Kevin Moran type centre half.

And this is the reason I don’t feel Mowbray is the answer to all our problems. Stumbling over the line, chaotic disharmony, scared looking and is he just standing there like a rabbit in the headlights. Not good enough. 

Cue the mowbray lovers who say I’m massively overreacting and we should all be happy and happy because we have went on a long run. But how many of that run was dominant performances I ask. 

Archived