SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Peterborough

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Doaksie said:

I wasn't far off in the end. 

As I said at half time, their goal helped bring us out of our shells and force us to attack and relieved the tension somewhat. 

Shrews players must be feeling absolutely crushed tonight. We're pretty much there 

Shrewsbury can be proud of their performance. They played well but they always needed that second goal.

Didn't think this result was in doubt even at half time.  Let's face it, we could only improve.

This is a crap league borne out that our virtual one man team (Dack) has lost just one game in 30odd games.

Delighted to be heading back to Championship but unless there are huge changes at Ewood, we will be straight back down. 

On a man to man basis, this team fails miserably when compared to Lee and Kendall's promotion winning teams from this league.

A game of two halves. Not arff. Well worth the sub I took out on ESPN + whatever that is. Graham was immense and those two goals were sublime. Not sure Dack needed to show his liberty bodice though.  Masked a very dodgy first half defensive performance. Still who cares. 

Man they make hard work of everything we play so much better on the counter I think that's TM's strong point coaching wise. No idea how to pass and move and break teams down but we set up disjointed in first halves so no wonder.

When they get in full flow they almost unstoppable with the attacking play. Anyway job done in fine style at the end.

Don't care how they set out now he can go and draw all three if he wants tonight should have just about sealed it.

GET IN !!!

I thought Graham was a behemoth in the second half. So much for only having 60 minutes in those legs, and so much for being 'finished. Our big players made the difference. 

Shrewsbury won't be relishing facing that Peterborough side. 

As an aside, Evans almost cost us this result with that tackle. Shocking. Deserved a red.

• Backroom
Just now, Doaksie said:

As an aside, Evans almost cost us this result with that tackle. Shocking. Deserved a red.

Should be given the Travis treatment and be sent to the U23's for the remainder of the season. Frankly I wouldn't mind at all if that was the last we saw of him in a Rovers shirt.

I think the way Peterborough played they were always going to burn themselves out. They ran themselves into the ground first half could have been 3 up they tired massively second half and sat back, so we had more of the ball in their 3rd. The class players did the damage then 

Archived