BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Peterborough

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dack bails us out of the **** yet again. How many times has that happened? Bennett upped his game considerably second half and Samuel put in one of his better performances when he came on as sub. The rest of them apart from Raya might as well have not been on the pitch.

Nevertheless a vital result which should just about do it. All eyes on the Shrews now, they fail to win over the weekend and we go up with a win at Doncaster I think.

Well that was a game of two halves if ever there was one!

Getting a goal early in the second settled the nerves and the last 4+4 reminded me why we put up with football through the bad times.

Mowbray has to take the blame for the first half and the way we set up but he deserves credit for what happened in the second - particularly moving Armstrong out to side left and creating space for Williams and to a lesser extent Bell. If that was a game plan to soften them up for later it was genius but I’d suggest it was more to do with Dack returning to form with a bang. Wonder if he got a text from his gf about his first half no-show...

Brilliant end to the game and it gives us daylight. I think Shrewsbury will beat Bury so it keeps the cushion to 5 with only three games left. With any luck they will start to rest tired players for the play-offs.

Massive relief.

Not the best performance but we can look brilliant in tiny spells and that’s why we are top 2. Few thoughts below;

- Williams was poor first half but I have to give him credit he played a role in 2 goals. Strange that we don’t give Bell a run after sticking in for him in Jan.

- 3rd goal really made me smile, great seeing DG grafting like that. Reminiscent of Dickov back in the day! His fitness has come on leaps and bounds this year and he seems to be loving it this season.

- Raya has impressed me a lot in recent games.

- Smallwood looked absolutely tanked from 75mins onwards, cant believe he stayed on, when their full back had their shot he was nowhere. This is a position we really need to strengthen next year, he and Evans can’t start together.

- We struggled to keep the ball 1st half. Almost all players guilty here, starting from the back.

- Antonsson cannot start the last 3 games. 

Could be a great day in the away end on Tuesday 

3 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

All you guys posting your winning bet slips...i had one too.

Dack wears a bra

It was a girdle aka corset. Probably in support for Olivia's more misniscule version.

Posh could have  been 3-0 up at half time. Bang on handball by Charlie, the pen area 'confusion' plus a Raya worldie save.

I actually had no idea that Williams and Antonnsson were so useless. Smallwood and Evans FFS.

Dack and Graham superb second half. Cream rises.

Raya did a great job first half especially. 

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

It was a girdle aka corset. Probably in support for Olivia's more misniscule version.

Posh could have  been 3-0 up at half time. Bang on handball by Charlie, the pen area 'confusion' plus a Raya worldie save.

I actually had no idea that Williams and Antonnsson were so useless. Smallwood and Evans FFS.

Dack and Graham superb second half. Cream rises.

Raya did a great job first half especially. 

Never a handball for me.

Also thought Williams did well with Antonsson in front of him, who seemed quite clueless.

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Never a handball for me.

Also thought Williams did well with Antonsson in front of him, who seemed quite clueless.

U need Specsavers quick!

Bang on handball and even looked deliberate.

I am pleased the Ref messed up on that one.

Williams.......... ffs

First things first is that Evans made a cowardly challenge on an opponent that could have broken his leg. Awful and premeditated.

We did tonight what we have done many times this season and won by playing well for 20- 25 minutes, riding our luck at times and having some resilience. There were far too many poor performances to single out any individuals but our midfield was second best to the Peterborough midfield for most of the night. Still Ewood was buoyant after our equaliser and the result was the most important thing. It takes us closer to the seasons objective and will get us out of this godforsaken league.

Hopefully promotion can be clinched on Tuesday and the title on May 5th.

• Moderation Lead

Never been more relieved. 

Lost my glasses when we scored the third, had to push someone out of the way before they stood on them.

Not a classic, but we are nearly there. 

Very happy with that result!!

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

U need Specsavers quick!

Bang on handball and even looked deliberate.

I am pleased the Ref messed up on that one.

That was never deliberate, fair enough it hit his arm, but never deliberately. 

Archived