BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Peterborough

18 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

11,679....this game should have been reduced prices.

Disagree it was an important game anyone committed would have paid the going price. The last game has been discounted.

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

It was a girdle aka corset. Probably in support for Olivia's more misniscule version.

Posh could have  been 3-0 up at half time. Bang on handball by Charlie, the pen area 'confusion' plus a Raya worldie save.

I actually had no idea that Williams and Antonnsson were so useless. Smallwood and Evans FFS.

Dack and Graham superb second half. Cream rises.

Raya did a great job first half especially. 

Did not think that was a pen tbh his arm was by his side and hit him after their boy missed the header then hit him. And Rayas worldie save did not count for much as the scored from the corner

4 minutes ago, Tom said:

Thought Samuel put a really mature performance in when he came on, didn’t lose the ball at all and held it up really well 

Summer can't come soon enough along with Antonsson and Gladwin to name a few.

Just now, arbitro said:

First things first is that Evans made a cowardly challenge on an opponent that could have broken his leg. Awful and premeditated.

We did tonight what we have done many times this season and won by playing well for 20- 25 minutes, riding our luck at times and having some resilience. There were far too many poor performances to single out any individuals but our midfield was second best to the Peterborough midfield for most of the night. Still Ewood was buoyant after our equaliser and the result was the most important thing. It takes us closer to the seasons objective and will get us out of this godforsaken league.

Hopefully promotion can be clinched on Tuesday and the title on May 5th.

I thought Evans tackle was that of a tired  and out of form player. He missed completely with his tackling foot and caught him with his trailing left foot. Obscenely clumsy rather that malicious.

I did however think he would have got a red, it looked bad.

Was the Posh player booked for cleaning Antonnsson out?

Posh controlled the game after the first 10 minutes until they tired at about 70 minutes.

The class of Graham and Dack won it for us.

5 minutes ago, Tom said:

Thought Samuel put a really mature performance in when he came on, didn’t lose the ball at all and held it up really well 

I’m by no means his biggest fan but I agree with this. That and allowing Armstrong to replace Antonsson was the turning point.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

I thought Evans tackle was that of a tired  and out of form player. He missed completely with his tackling foot and caught him with his trailing left foot. Obscenely clumsy rather that malicious.

I did however think he would have got a red, it looked bad.

Was the Posh player booked for cleaning Antonnsson out?

Posh controlled the game after the first 10 minutes until they tired at about 70 minutes.

The class of Graham and Dack won it for us.

I actually thought Evans delayed his challenge momentarily so he could 'top' the Posh player. The challenge was high, late, at speed and endangered an opponents safety. His body language told me he expected a red card.

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

First things first is that Evans made a cowardly challenge on an opponent that could have broken his leg. Awful and premeditated.

Hopefully promotion can be clinched on Tuesday and the title on May 5th.

Thought it was a red though I'm at the opposite end of the ground leniency from the referee who had a decent game. 

7 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

Did not think that was a pen tbh his arm was by his side and hit him after their boy missed the header then hit him. And Rayas worldie save did not count for much as the scored from the corner

Charlie's og can't take away the class of Raya's earlier save. Raya had a good game.

Raya's save from the free kick was world class. He also had another great save when there player got through but was offside. Wouldn't have counted obviously, but he didn't see the flag and the save was top draw

Just now, arbitro said:

I actually thought Evans delayed his challenge momentarily so he could 'top' the Posh player. The challenge was high, late, at speed and endangered an opponents safety. His body language told me he expected a red card.

I'll have another look as I took his slowness as tiredness. His right foot did not look high to me.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Charlie's og can't take away the class of Raya's earlier save. Ray had a good game.

That save for me earned him David Raya the League one goalkeeper of the season he had a good game at Bristol and again tonight.

Firstly what a save by Raya. Absolutely brilliant save. I thought posh played very well tonight. The best team at ewood by a mile this season. The ref was very lenient towards rovers with at least one penalty that was not given and Evans is a very very lucky boy to stay on the pitch. I have no idea what mulgrew was attempting when he scored the oggy but apart from that pit in a very good performance along with Bennett who was also very good. Williams was very poor tonight and antonnsonn was woeful and I hope to God he is gone in the summer.  Poor first half , excellent last half hour and three points . It's clear to anyone with eyes we need Bennett back in the middle with Smallwood. We badly need some out and out wingers in the summer but Armstrong, although quiet tonight , has been an excellent addition this season and don't understand the over rated comments what's so ever. He is a striker not a winger but has done a great job doing what Tony has asked of him since joining. Is it me or has our form and shape gone to cock since nyambe got injured ? I gave the lad stick early in the season but I think we are missing him more than we would like to admit.

TBF to Mowbray, its games like this why he signed chapman. We were crying out for some width and ability to beat a man tonight.

Ah if we could swap antonsson for chapman what a team we would have had this season

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

Firstly what a save by Raya. Absolutely brilliant save. I thought posh played very well tonight. The best team at ewood by a mile this season. The ref was very lenient towards rovers with at least one penalty that was not given and Evans is a very very lucky boy to stay on the pitch. I have no idea what mulgrew was attempting when he scored the oggy but apart from that pit in a very good performance along with Bennett who was also very good. Williams was very poor tonight and antonnsonn was woeful and I hope to God he is gone in the summer.  Poor first half , excellent last half hour and three points . It's clear to anyone with eyes we need Bennett back in the middle with Smallwood. We badly need some out and out wingers in the summer but Armstrong, although quiet tonight , has been an excellent addition this season and don't understand the over rated comments what's so ever. He is a striker not a winger but has done a great job doing what Tony has asked of him since joining. Is it me or has our form and shape gone to cock since nyambe got injured ? I gave the lad stick early in the season but I think we are missing him more than we would like to admit.

Good post.

Bennett needs to be back in midfield in the next game but I don't think Mowbray trusts anyone else to play right back.

I'd like to see a 4-4-2 with Graham and Armstrong up front.  

What a night at Ewood. Could have been 2 down at half time but to come from behind and win like that, best game of the season by far. We were never going to do it the easy way but that's why we love this football club. :brfc:❤️

• Backroom
Just now, FGS5635 said:

Its also worth pointing out how dack literally killed off what should have been a nervy last 4-5 mins with his skills in the corner flag winning throws and a corner.

Yep, also credit for DG harrying the P'Boro defender in the dying stages of the match, leading to the final goal. Incredible effort from a guy whose fitness and motivation was rightfully being questioned in the first few months of the season. He's had one hell of a turnaround and ended up being one of our most important players alongside Dack, Mulgrew and recently Raya.

• Backroom

Quotes from TM:

Scenes of jubilation greeted the final whistle and when asked about the atmopshere Mowbray said: “I think probably the best.

“At the end of last season there were some amazing atmospheres when we were digging in trying to get results.

“It just shows me what Ewood Park can be on nights or days where, can you imagine if we got 20,000 in here?

“The noise it could generate on the front foot when the team is on the front foot, attacking, it was quite amazing to listen to the energy coming from the stands.

“I look forward to many more years of Ewood Park bouncing and the fans enjoying their football and watching their team.”

On where it leaves Rovers in the promotion race, the boss added: “I just want to think about the next game and until the games run out for the opposition and they can’t catch us.

“They have four games left, they can get 12 points. They can 94 points, we’re on 90, so we need four more points because the goal difference is significant.

“We have to win Tuesday and if they keep winning we have to get a point somewhere.

“Let’s keep going.

“Until they don’t win a game or something, let’s wait and see.

“We want to finish with as many victories as we can. It would be great if we finished top of the league, yet Wigan and Shrewsbury are both in there fighting, let’s see where we finish.

“With that spirit there’s no reason to think we can’t win every game.”

Rovers pulled out a second half performance when they needed it most, and Mowbray added: “I think so. And why does it happen? Because the group care for each other, they work hard for each other, they don’t accept defeat and they made a connection with the fans in the second half.

“It was really impressive to see.

“The dressing room is a good place to be but they have to rest well, eat and drink and sleep well and prepare for Tuesday.”

Archived