BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Peterborough

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Horrendous first half, slow, nervy, really poor. Much better second but ive seen us play better. Graham and Dack showed their class yet again.

Antonsson was absolutely horrendous, how he is above Payne is beyond me.

Raya had a typical game for him, an incredible save and a calamatious mistake. 

Graham for me was man of the match. First half he fed off nothing but his hold up play is excellent, second half he poached the winner and his work for the third is top class.

Dack wasnt at his very best but 2 goals and very nearly a third plus superb time wasting was the difference.

Armstrong was really poor, Bennett didnt look comfortable and everything is last ditch, Williams needs dropping and Smallwood was a bit below par. Lenihan was all over the place and Mulgrew for the most part was the solid half back there. Bar a mad 5 minutes.

Almost there now. Really dissapointing crowd but brilliant atmosphere.

5 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Firstly what a save by Raya. Absolutely brilliant save. I thought posh played very well tonight. The best team at ewood by a mile this season. The ref was very lenient towards rovers with at least one penalty that was not given and Evans is a very very lucky boy to stay on the pitch. I have no idea what mulgrew was attempting when he scored the oggy but apart from that pit in a very good performance along with Bennett who was also very good. Williams was very poor tonight and antonnsonn was woeful and I hope to God he is gone in the summer.  Poor first half , excellent last half hour and three points . It's clear to anyone with eyes we need Bennett back in the middle with Smallwood. We badly need some out and out wingers in the summer but Armstrong, although quiet tonight , has been an excellent addition this season and don't understand the over rated comments what's so ever. He is a striker not a winger but has done a great job doing what Tony has asked of him since joining. Is it me or has our form and shape gone to cock since nyambe got injured ? I gave the lad stick early in the season but I think we are missing him more than we would like to admit.

On Nyambe have a word with yourself Bennett has been far better though Armstrong let Bennett down today down the right hand side.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Horrendous first half, slow, nervy, really poor. Much better second but ive seen us play better. Graham and Dack showed their class yet again.

Antonsson was absolutely horrendous, how he is above Payne is beyond me.

Raya had a typical game for him, an incredible save and a calamatious mistake. 

Graham for me was man of the match. First half he fed off nothing but his hold up play is excellent, second half he poached the winner and his work for the third is top class.

Dack wasnt at his very best but 2 goals and very nearly a third plus superb time wasting was the difference.

Armstrong was really poor, Bennett didnt look comfortable and everything is last ditch, Williams needs dropping and Smallwood was a bit below par. Lenihan was all over the place and Mulgrew for the most part was the solid half back there. Bar a mad 5 minutes.

Almost there now. Really dissapointing crowd but brilliant atmosphere.

To absent friends at least we all enjoyed it !

Had it not been on sky I would’ve travelled down from Glasgow as I have several times this season but usually on a weekend. Still I’m a bit gutted I missed the atmosphere at the end. 

Think graham is one of those rovers players that won’t fully be appreciated until we don’t have him. Never the most skilful or mobile however a great finisher and seems to genuinely care about the club, think he will be looked back at fondly when he goes. And he did stay with us when we were hopefully at our lowest. 

29 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Charlie's og can't take away the class of Raya's earlier save. Raya had a good game.

Oh yeah very true but it also can't be used to say we could have been further behind as had it gone in then Charlie would not have scored the og is all. 

• Backroom

I thought their number 42 managed to keep Dack quiet in the first half and dominated both Evans and Smallwood, looked a player.

Definite red that evans tackle. Also thought Antonsson was a lucky boy to. Looked like he rasied his hands to their right back just before he got subbed.

Not seen that one back on tv though yet

Big mention to Danny Graham. After a slow start to the season, the guy has been unreal for us for a while now. Absolutely runs his nads off and he's scored a lot of goals too. For a guy who hasn't played for 90 minutes many times this season to have the composure to play Dack in like he did tonight in the last minute sums up the way he's played recently. Works as hard as anyone we have in our team AND he scores when he wants. COYB

18 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

diabolical and disappointing attendance.

It should have been reduced prices as part of a double or triple package with the last home games. But it seems the Club care more about moving season ticket holders out of the comfy seats in the jack walker upper as happened tonight! Seemed strange launching a military style operation to move us in such an important game. 

Lets hope that result, coupled with the cracking atmosphere in the 2nd half, convinces those locals who have watched it on sky to part with their £10 against Oxford.

Anyway we can sit back and relax over the weekend - hopefully Bury and Fleetwood can do us a favour. 

• Backroom
Just now, darrenrover said:

My good lady wife has just seen your post and wants to know when did Evans drop his shorts and jockstrap and does he have an std?

How do you know I’m not talking about Steve Evans???

Good to see Harry Chapman cheering the boys on again, must be likely that he signs 

Evans is pants and adds nothing to the midfield. Can't believe that so many managers (including NI) keep using him. At best he's a 4th choice squad player. Actually think he's worse than Williams and that's saying something. really need two new CM players if promoted. Also need proper wide players as Ant and Arm offer little in that position even in this league. Recent performances highlight just how much improvement will be needed to survive in the Championship (assuming we get there). Being outplayed by the likes of MK Dons (2nd half),  Southend and Peterboro(1st half) does not auger well.

Just now, alcd said:

Evans is pants and adds nothing to the midfield. Can't believe that so many managers (including NI) keep using him. At best he's a 4th choice squad player. Actually think he's worse than Williams and that's saying something. really need two new CM players if promoted. Also need proper wide players as Ant and Arm offer little in that position even in this league. Recent performances highlight just how much improvement will be needed to survive in the Championship (assuming we get there). Being outplayed by the likes of MK Dons (2nd half),  Southend and Peterboro(1st half) does not auger well.

Bring back the confused icon 

8 minutes ago, Tom said:

How do you know I’m not talking about Steve Evans???

Good to see Harry Chapman cheering the boys on again, must be likely that he signs 

Ha, when was the last time Steve Evans even saw his own tackle?

I agree with Harry Chapman but I'd be surprised if he has that electric turn of pace again given his injuries. Unless he comes for 'buttons', I wouldn't sign him using  head over heart.

Archived