BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Peterborough

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A Roverless Saturday to be spent following Wigan and Shrews, Arsenal telling us how great Wegner is and not that they sacked him for falling ST sales, moaners moaning about moaners moaning on here..........and other stuff. If I can avoid reading about team formations I'll deem it an ok day.

It's shaping up as  Beerfest day on all fronts although I may watch the Liverpool game.

Roll on Tuesday

2 hours ago, Paul said:

No attempt to answer the view on the game but taking the opportunity to blame the man not the ball. As you say earlier the point is to have different views and discussion not to follow the crowd like sheep. All of which is why I wasn't going to bother to respond but changed my mind this morning.

And yet again you CHOOSE not to see the obvious parody in my comment, even though it was already pointed out in this thread.

You should have taken your own advice and ignored the posts because you clearly didn't understand them.

As you seem keen to engage this morning can I ask why no-one will answer my reasonable question in the 'forum rules' thread regarding a 'seasoned' poster who posted malicious lies about me recently on this board. His posts were removed but he seems still to be posting? I've had to ask the question again because it was removed by one of the Mods (you?). It seems 'negative' football-related posts are frowned upon but character assassinations/malicious lies are swept under the carpet. I look forward to your (or any mods) response in the 'forum rules' thread.

15 hours ago, Gav said:

Turned out to be a great night in the end but my god we made heavy weather of it in the first half.

I think fans often forget where we ply our trade these days, we're 3rd division, with players that don't have the ability, concentration or mental toughness to work at a much higher level than they're currently at and that showed last night, a team full of nerves that couldn't make the simplest of passes.

But full credit to the manager, the reaction he got in the 2nd half never looked possible at HT and whilst we're always quick to criticise, he deserves nothing but credit for turning things around.

Brilliant result, superb second half performance and we're almost there.

All roads lead to Donny!

Fans I sit close are very worried after 45 minutes, but Tony created a miracle at second half, all went to pub happy.

10 hours ago, tonyoz said:

Good player management? Here’s Mowbray in the LT:

On that, Mowbray added: “Danny is a dilemma for me because sometimes I see him at 60 minutes and he looks as he though he’s treading water, he’s not 22 anymore.

“He finds the going hard, but you feel, particularly at home, as if he’s going to score a goal, nick a goal, out physical a centre half, so we kept him on.

“We left him on and it paid dividends in the end.

“That’s why there is a consistency of selection – I have some fantastic footballers kicking their heels, not getting a game, yet in these pressure situations you have to rely on your experienced players.

“They play every week and hopefully they can get us over the line.”

Posting people on here have been down on Tony much this campaign but Tony proven he's a very very good manager.

In Tony we should all trust, Thursday was very great night for me.

8 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Would that be league one team of the year left back Bell?

Yes that one. Maybe someone should tell Mowbray. Hopefully now the pressure is off a little well see more of Bell

On 4/21/2018 at 03:13, Stuart said:

Something about the crescendo of the Posh match felt like VE-day lite.

That third goal and celebration!

Need to keep pushing on until the job is done.

I loved that celebration, Danny Graham's reaction and obviius showing of joy was brilliant to me, warmed the cockles of me heart.

Watching the highlights again, Evans handball, no way.  For one thing Evans is not capable of thinking/moving quickly eniugh to deliberately do that.

Irking me is the free kick that led to the Raya save which led to the corner which led to the goal, not a foul IMHO.  Let's not mention the posh player grabbing Raya either.

Again, love Graham's celebration, how stationary were the posh defenders for that rebound.  Dacks sports bra?  Less said the better and if I knew I was wearing that I would have left the shirt on.

Archived