BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Peterborough

Well either 1 point gained or 2 lost today which ever way you look at it. To me it feels more like 2 lost. Anyway on to Thursday - must win now. My team would be

Raya

Lenighan     Downing     Mulgrew       Bell 

Bennett      Smallwood    Whittingham

Dack              Armstrong

Graham

We desperately need Dack to start firing again and Armstrong to run the channels where he is most dangerous. Our destiny is still in our own hands but we can't afford to drop points in this one!

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

The Peterborough manager tweeted after their defeat today criticising the fans. They pretty much need to beat us or they can forget about the play offs. 

I have had a bad feeling about this game for some time. Was hoping we got at least 4 from the last two prior to this 

Thing is Shrewsbury have Charlton at home - offer me either of those for the next home game and I think I’d prefer our fixture this time around, both similar both need to win to get back to the play offs 

5 minutes ago, Tom said:

Thing is Shrewsbury have Charlton at home - offer me either of those for the next home game and I think I’d prefer our fixture this time around, both similar both need to win to get back to the play offs 

Ya, similar alright. I would just about prefer our game. Although Peterborough have some good players. 

The way our team is , what I expect is if Shrewsbury win, we will win. If they lose or draw, we will probably draw 

• Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, similar alright. I would just about prefer our game. Although Peterborough have some good players. 

The way our team is , what I expect is if Shrewsbury win, we will win. If they lose or draw, we will probably draw 

Either way a win would be huge, no matter what the Shrewboys do Tuesday if we win they know that with 3 games left we would need to win 2 and draw one even if they win them all. 

I think we look better with Three at the back:

Raya

Lenihan Downing Mulgrew

Travis——————————-Bell

Bennett Smallwood

Dack

Armstrong Samuel

This has a bit more pace and athleticism about it.

1 hour ago, Fraserkirky said:

I think we look better with Three at the back:

Raya

Lenihan Downing Mulgrew

Travis——————————-Bell

Bennett Smallwood

Dack

Armstrong Samuel

This has a bit more pace and athleticism about it.

We all know that TM would never ever, pick that side for Thursday night. Pity!

• Backroom
36 minutes ago, MGPensioner said:

very true Tom !

not many turning points left...

4 games to save our club

:rover:

Let’s hope there’s no turns left!

A real cup final feel to this one 

Raya

Lenihan Mulgrew Williams Bell

Bennett Smallwood

Antonnsson Dack Samuel

Armstrong  

Things need freshening up. I was tempted to go for Whinnigham instead of Smallwood, but Bennett and Smallwood do work well together. I would also prefer Travis right back, with Lenihan centre and Williams dropped, but that's not going to happen unfortunately 

30 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

A real cup final feel to this one 

Raya

Lenihan Mulgrew Williams Bell

Bennett Smallwood

Antonnsson Dack Samuel

Armstrong  

Things need freshening up. I was tempted to go for Whinnigham instead of Smallwood, but Bennett and Smallwood do work well together. I would also prefer Travis right back, with Lenihan centre and Williams dropped, but that's not going to happen unfortunately 

Samuel LW, Antonsson RW, Lenihan RB and Williams CB all brought into unnatural positions. 

• J*B pinned this topic
17 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Samuel LW, Antonsson RW, Lenihan RB and Williams CB all brought into unnatural positions. 

Samuel has played left wing as much if not more than upfront, Antonnsson has definitely played on the wing more. 

Williams played centre back before coming here and has played there for us a few times. 

As i said, I would prefer Travis right back, but no point saying it as it won't happen. 

Who else could we play on the wings, Conway and Bennett? Would they be your choices 

34 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Samuel has played left wing as much if not more than upfront, Antonnsson has definitely played on the wing more. 

Williams played centre back before coming here and has played there for us a few times. 

As i said, I would prefer Travis right back, but no point saying it as it won't happen. 

Who else could we play on the wings, Conway and Bennett? Would they be your choices 

More indicative of a lack of natural wingers than aimed at you. Certainly not Samuel though, and Conway is past it so shouldnt be starting games.

Probably Payne right and Armstrong left, its worked before.

Mulgrew and Lenihan to continue at centre back, thats for sure. Choose full backs around that. Probably let Bennett continue at right back if Nyambe is still out and Whittingham alongside Smallwood.

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

More indicative of a lack of natural wingers than aimed at you. Certainly not Samuel though, and Conway is past it so shouldnt be starting games.

Probably Payne right and Armstrong left, its worked before.

Mulgrew and Lenihan to continue at centre back, thats for sure. Choose full backs around that. Probably let Bennett continue at right back if Nyambe is still out and Whittingham alongside Smallwood.

Ya, Payne and Armstrong could work either. My selections of Samuel and Antonnson were due to the lack of wingers too,also to allow Armstrong play centrally. Graham has played a lot recently. Needs a break. 

I would consider starting Whittingham alright. We just need to win this game and the more forward thinking players the better. 

We need to get after these lot and he needs to leave Dack out if he's still suffering from an injury and use him as a sub. Channel things towards Armstrong and try and play to his strengths I really feel we are missing a trick with him at times in favour of hitting Graham early.

I really feel another draw here, an early goal settles the nerves and should see us get a good win I think we can paste someone if the tails are up.

2 - 2  and another disappointing crowd due to damn TV again.

We are playing a team with just one win in their last 5 games, who have lost their last 2 games (1 against 10 men) and who have recently changed their manager.

Best odds on a Rovers' win are 5/11 and you will be lucky if you can get 3/1 on a Rovers' win by 3 or more goals.  Tells you what the bookies think.

This is as good a game as you can get in the closing games when you are looking for automatic promotion.

Rovers to win in a canter and a 4-0 win at 20/1 looks a decent bet to me.

29 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Simple question. Who has Samuel played more for on the left than upfront? You made the statement so you should know the answer. I'm guessing by the insults you realise you were talking out of your arse and are now backtracking.

Give me the stats so. How often has he played upfront and how often has he been played on the wing? Break it down by minutes there statto 

Archived