BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Can you avoid knowing the result and watch a replay/recording as it if were live?

Dan

Can you watch a replay/recording of an important match without knowing the score?   

30 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No..

• Yes, I’m quite happy to avoid the score and pretend it’s live.
    • No chance, I NEED to know the score, I’d only fast forward anyway.

I know plenty of people that can watch a replay or recording of a game as it were live. I imagine it’s getting more and more difficult to avoid the scores these days, but some people, if they have to work etc will go out if the way to avoid knowing the score.  

I think it’s weird, I need to know the score as soon as I can and stay up to date as much as possible. It’s easy these days with the internet, I remember using teletext to find out the live scores when out and about!

I could probably do it with a sport I liked or maybe loved, but not something like Rovers, something that’s a life or death kinda thing. 

So this is about Rovers! 

Impossible. If it’s live it’s live. Watching a recording doesn’t work as I know it’s finished anyway. Watching a paused live is OK if only for a few minutes 

1 hour ago, DE. said:

I could do, but it never quite feels the same. Hard to explain but when you're watching something recorded it feels different to knowing you're watching a live game. 

It’s because one feels like an idiot shouting at the TV at events that have already happened.

Because shouting at a TV for live game isn’t stupid at all. :unsure:

32 minutes ago, Paul said:

Impossible. If it’s live it’s live. Watching a recording doesn’t work as I know it’s finished anyway. Watching a paused live is OK if only for a few minutes 

Admit it, you press ‘stop’ after a few seconds. :lol: 

Tried it for the bury game recently. Finished work at ten got home and banged it on. I was fast forwarding every time the ball went out of play, replays, if the ref was chatting to a player, substitutions you name it. The Bradford game however I had to sort my little girl out as it kicked off. It took 15 minutes ish so at half time  fast forward straight to the second half, jobs a good un

14 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Tried it for the bury game recently. Finished work at ten got home and banged it on. I was fast forwarding every time the ball went out of play, replays, if the ref was chatting to a player, substitutions you name it. The Bradford game however I had to sort my little girl out as it kicked off. It took 15 minutes ish so at half time  fast forward straight to the second half, jobs a good un

Younger generation....instant gratification, no patience. Tsk.;)

48 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

I’ll often try to avoid PL scores to make Match of the Day a bit more interesting, but any game that I have a genuine stake or interest in gets the notification treatement at least.

Yeah but that it spoiled by the commentators who are not doing it live and already know what's going to happen. Camera flashes to imminent scorer and geezer on the Mic bigs him up just prior to our hero bagging the winner......rubbish these days.

6 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Did she owe you some money?

Generally, I don’t have the patience/willpower to avoid Rovers scores. 

If I’m not at an away game, I have to listen to Radio Lancashire, with Soccer Saturday on the tele, brfcs on my laptop and this season F5ing Shrewsbury’s Twitter account!

My dad on the othe hand will avoid all media until 5pm, then gingerly find the result!

If I am streaming a game that is a couple of minutes behind then I can't help but have Bet365 open on my phone. If I see we have scored, I will have a bet with my lad that we will score in the next couple of minutes. He still hasn't clocked on. Has lost his pocket money a few times already this season. 

• Moderation Lead

I've got my mate's Sky Go and I've seen goals reported in Whatsapp group chats before I've seen it on Sky Go.

Silly 2 minute time delay! Serves me right for being so tight, I suppose.....

When it comes to Rovers I need to know what's happening immediately and for the duration of the match.  So I can't watch Rovers on delay or on a recording.

I have been caught out many times watching non-rovers matches on a slight delay (putting kids to bed etc.) then you get a text from your mate saying something like "what a strike that was from Aguero" - that's a real annoyance that!!  Phone normally goes on silent and gets turned upside down when I'm on delay now.

However I do watch a lot of NBA and NFL on recording, usually the following evening.  I manage to avoid the results throughout the next day because very few people in work etc. are into those sports (or if they are they too are watching the following evening).  I also don't use social media so manage to avoid spoilers from there too.

Archived