BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shrewsbury v Charlton

I think this game may be big enough to deserve its own thread. If Shrewsbury fail to win,i think we are as a good as up. I presume a few of us will be keeping an eye on the scoreline  

We both have pretty similar games this week, at home to sides just outside the play offs. 

Charlton started well under bowyer, but have lost their last 2 1-0. Hopefully the bowyer honeymoon period isn't over until next week :) Tight defeats though, so that is a good sign. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ll be putting my usual Wigan/Shrews double on tonight (should be around 2/1) and hoping that my £20 goes straight to the bookie.

There will be a few twists and turns yet but I fear that Bristol Rovers’ last gasp goal may have changed the mind set of the other two teams tonight, particularly Shrewsbury. 

Fancy Wigan to win comfortably and Shrews to scrape 3 points. 

• Backroom

Big game for both, Charlton could go back in the top 6 if they win and Shrews need the win to really put the pressure on us.

They've been good at dealing with setbacks all season and won 2-0 in the reverse fixture so I think 2-0 Shrewsbury.

Just now, Tom said:

Big game for both, Charlton could go back in the top 6 if they win and Shrews need the win to really put the pressure on us.

They've been good at dealing with setbacks all season and won 2-0 in the reverse fixture so I think 2-0 Shrewsbury.

Charlton have a new manager and Shrewsbury are missing a couple, hopefully thats enough for a different result 

Decent result for Shrewsbury winning 0-2 there though...

In their last two games Shrewsbury have looked tired and nervous pretty much like we have. I have felt for some time now that these factors will play a part and we have touched lucky with our last and next few games being a good few days apart. Shrewsbury have three games in the next seven days and these are the fine margins that could play a big part. Hopefully Charlton will pull out all the stops tonight and get at least a point.

20 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I think this game may be big enough to deserve its own thread. If Shrewsbury fail to win,i think we are as a good as up.

I’m always one of the more positive posters but I think this view is over confident rather than positive. Defeat for Shrewsbury and we need two wins and a draw. If the Shrews draw we need two wins and two draws. It’s still far too close to become confident. 

I believe we are going up and with each match that goes by feel closer but I don’t believe tonight can be seafom defining for either Club. 

Still believe Charlton is when we will go up. 

12 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Hopefully 0-0 or 1-1, or even better still a Charlton win. Is it on Sky? 

No not on sky mate, Bet365 all the way tonight. Tonight's result could seriously change the mind set of our boys on Thursday. Charlton win and then pressure is also on Peterborough to get a result on Thursday. So many twists and turns...... I can't handle it!!!!!! 

Whatever Shrewsbury do doesn't change our approach. We need to win our games from now until they can't catch us, whether that be up to Oxford at home or Charlton away. Our attitude needs to be to win all our games as that will guarantee promotion. Sadly our performances in the last 3 or 4 games haven't been deserving of wins and there needs to be an improvement.

• Backroom
13 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Charlton will be buoyed that Bradford are winning against Pompey, perhaps push them on to take real advantage? I'm clutching...i know

No shots on goal for Charlton as it stands according to the BBC...

Just now, DE. said:

0-0 HT. Hopefully Charlton will switch from their 10-0-0 formation in the second half.

According to the Shrews forum, they says its been a pretty open game for both sides and the possession stats do show that. Yeah Charlton have had no official shots but Shrews have not forced a single save either despite 5 efforts.

45 mins to go before this season takes on its next chapter for us.

• Backroom
Just now, JacknOry said:

According to the Shrews forum, they says its been a pretty open game for both sides and the possession stats do show that. Yeah Charlton have had no official shots but Shrews have not forced a single save either despite 5 efforts.

Maybe so, but I still find it pretty pathetic that a side in 7th pushing for the playoffs can't register a single shot against Shrewsbury in 45 minutes. Even Oxford have managed a few against Wigan. If it ends 0-0 then whatever, I don't care, but you just know if the second half carries on in the same vein Shrewsbury will nick one. 

Just now, DE. said:

Maybe so, but I still find it pretty pathetic that a side in 7th pushing for the playoffs can't register a single shot against Shrewsbury in 45 minutes. Even Oxford have managed a few against Wigan. If it ends 0-0 then whatever, I don't care, but you just know if the second half carries on in the same vein Shrewsbury will nick one. 

True, cannot argue with that. On stats alone it does look like a piss poor attempt by Charlton so far.

Archived