BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Vote: Player of the Season

Player of the Season Voting  

194 members have voted

1. 1. Who is YOUR Rovers Player of the Season 2017/18?

• David Raya
    • Ryan Nyambe
    • Derrick Williams
    • Charlie Mulgrew
    • Paul Caddis
    • Amari’i Bell
    • Paul Downing
    • Darragh Lenihan
    • Richie Smallwood
    • Peter Whittingham
    • Jack Payne
    • Ben Gladwin
    • Bradley Dack
    • Corry Evans
    • Elliott Bennett
    • Craig Conway
    • Harry Chapman
    • Dominic Samuel
    • Danny Graham
    • Marcus Antonsson
    • Adam Armstrong
    • Joe Nuttall

The really encouraging thing about this season is there are a good 4-5 that you could make a strong case for.

Its easy to point at Mulgrew, Dack and Graham

I think Bennet has been class and with other intagibles he has brought to the party would be a worthy winner

Probably wont get a mention due to limited games, but Lenihan has been immense since he came back from injury. I think he took us to a higher level when he came back.

That said I still think Dack is the deserving winner. He has scored crucial goals, had some key assists. Also some of his skills and runs I honestly didnt think we'd see the likes of for a while after we dropped to this tinpot level.

Just now, FGS5635 said:

The really encouraging thing about this season is there are a good 4-5 that you could make a strong case for.

Its easy to point at Mulgrew, Dack and Graham

I think Bennet has been class and with other intagibles he has brought to the party would be a worthy winner

Probably wont get a mention due to limited games, but Lenihan has been immense since he came back from injury. I think he took us to a higher level when he came back.

That said I still think Dack is the deserving winner. He has scored crucial goals, had some key assists. Also some of his skills and runs I honestly didnt think we'd see the likes of for a while after we dropped to this tinpot level.

I would add Raya into the mix too. What a season he has had. Compared to who we had last season... 

• J*B pinned this topic
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I would add Raya into the mix too. What a season he has had. Compared to who we had last season... 

Yeah a good shout. Its always harder for keepers to shine, as every mistake they make gets magnified ten fold as it usually results in a goal.

Dack just, but I feel like Mulgrew is a close second and perhaps slightly underappreciated.

I totally get that Bennett is good with the fans, social media etc, so that maybe makes him easier to warm to and gives him an extra edge in some peoples minds, hes indicative of all whats good about this season etc, but theres no way hes as important to us as Mulgrew is solely as a player.

13 goals from centre back and a proper leader.

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Don’t know why but it made me think about Steele! Left our club and look who’s back in Div1?????

I’d say Dack.

Mulgrew, Benno and Graham have been superb, Raya has been great also. Smallwood should also get a mention.

Dack has been the guy who has just brought the magic when we’ve needed it and will probably hit 20 goals this season. Let’s just hope we hold onto him this summer and shows the championship what he can do.

Just now, davulsukur said:

I’d say Dack.

Mulgrew, Benno and Graham have been superb, Raya has been great also. Smallwood should also get a mention.

Dack has been the guy who has just brought the magic when we’ve needed it and will probably hit 20 goals this season. Let’s just hope we hold onto him this summer and shows the championship what he can do.

Agreed. Yet he hasn’t got a single vote.

And even Caddis has one!!

Charlie for me, our defence is poor without him playing and he has a great free kick in him.

Our other key players deserve a huge pat on the back, Danny boy, Bradley and Bennett.

Thumbs up to Lenihan, Armstrong, Payne and Smallwood.

Raya has improved a great deal this year and he is looking like he has the makings of a decent keeper.

8 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Honourable mentions for Downing and Smallwood. Not sexy players, but exactly what we needed, when we needed them. 

I hope they step up next season. 

Smallwood has been a great signing at this level. But I have to say, voting for him made me feel like a poor man's Garth Crooks. It's Dack all day long. Despite always avoiding the fancy Dan, i can't deny he's been the difference so often. Trouble is, like many a bronzed Essex slapper, I can't help feeling eventually he's gonna break my heart.

But for now Bradders, I effing well love you!

Dack has won so many games on his own or saved us vital points, plus he's been our talisman,  it has to be him. 

Mulgrew a close second with Graham, Bennett, Smallwood, Raya all deserving of special mentions.

Any of them better than last year's winner !

On 22/04/2018 at 18:45, roversfan99 said:

13 goals from centre back and a proper leader.

11 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Charlie got my vote in the end so I'm delighted he got the goal that secured promotion. Captain, leader, goalscorer and promotion securer! What a player, what a man!

EXACTLY!!   At first I was torn between Dack and Bennett but on reflection our captain fantastic who has held the defence together, guided the team and scored 13 goals has got to be the best of a terrific bunch of players.

Its practically 1 in 3 if he scores another before the end of the season...most strikers would be happy with that...some would be happy with half that...especially Chris Brown. 

Anyone that knows the stats on goalscoring cbs and all that? This has to be right up there !

10 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Its practically 1 in 3 if he scores another before the end of the season...most strikers would be happy with that...some would be happy with half that...especially Chris Brown. 

Anyone that knows the stats on goalscoring cbs and all that? This has to be right up there !

Mogga mentioned Derek Mountfield in an interview after the game when discussing Mulgrew's scoring exploits. He played for Villa ( and possibly Everton?) in the 80's. He must have banged a few in.

23 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Good idea. Dig deep Mods. Or even set up a paypal funding page or similar.

It was either this or the flights to Majorca. We're going to Majorca.

It's very hard to look past Dack, Mulgrew and Graham for player of the season given they were by far the biggest contributors in terms of goals this season.

But below them in the 2nd group I would put Bennett, Williams, Smallwood and Raya who were a constant presence in the team and deserve a lot of credit. I think all 4 have been absolutely integral to the squad this season.

In terms of pure ability, Armstrong, Chapman and Lenihan were the best players we had in the squad, but obviously they weren't around for large parts of the season.

The others: Conway, Samuel, Antonsson, Downing, Evans, Nyambe and Payne all contributed massively at different times of the season, but not anywhere near the quality of the above mentioned players.

Archived