BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pitch Invasion of sorts

AAK

7 minutes ago, Mike E said:

The only thing I've seen is AAK saying 'Mark Fish has said...', which was then rebuked by Mark Fish.

Nothing is planned as far as I can tell.

I thought I'd missed some official announcement when I read the latest posts on this thread. I honestly can't see the club sanctioning such an event for a host of reasons but from a fan's perspective surely the best option is to see the players doing a deserved lap of honour which everybody can see and enjoy. The director's box isn't suitable for all the players and staff to enter. The old one was essentially one row but the current one is several smaller rows.

Is there a trophy for runners up should that be our fate? If so then it would have to be presented, presumably on the pitch.

Edit: Just checked and Bolton were parading a trophy around the Breezeblock last season.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, arbitro said:

I thought I'd missed some official announcement when I read the latest posts on this thread. I honestly can't see the club sanctioning such an event for a host of reasons but from a fan's perspective surely the best option is to see the players doing a deserved lap of honour which everybody can see and enjoy. The director's box isn't suitable for all the players and staff to enter. The old one was essentially one row but the current one is several smaller rows.

Is there a trophy for runners up should that be our fate? If so then it would have to be presented, presumably on the pitch.

Yes, Bolton received a trophy last season for finishing runners up.

Just now, JHRover said:

Yes, Bolton received a trophy last season for finishing runners up.

And checking some pictures the trophy was definitely presented to them on the pitch.

• Backroom

Agree with Gav if we smash a last minute winner to win the league by all means let’s pour onto the pitch the celebrate - then get back in the stands for the celebration with the players.

If we win but still come second let’s stay and give the players a proper thank you but that mad celebration moment has been done already at Doncaster 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I noticed after the Doncaster game that some of the touching/patting of players was a bit intense. In fact some of them looked a bit scared at times.  They did seem to get used to it pretty quickly though, with Dack and Bennett up on peoples shoulders. I was just thinking "do not bloody drop Dack!" 

When they came out for the encore then and Mulgrew was wearing Rovers head, he legged back away from the oncoming crowd. Was hilarious 

The stewards at Donny did really well at first by just allowing fans on the pitch, they couldn't really have stopped that moment. 

Where they failed miserably was after that, just form across the pitch to walk the fans slowly back to the seats before the players came back out, they didn't have enough stewards to do that and the players jumped the gun.

The players retreat was like a Benny Hill sketch :lol:

Also sure there's no way the police or the club could ever agree to or authorise such a thing. At best they would turn a blind eye by not taking action against people or trying to remove them from the pitch should it not happen but if the club were found by the authorities to have not taken precautions such as employing sufficient stewards or warning people not to then they would be in line for trouble.

• Backroom
2 hours ago, Stuart said:

People keep calling it an invasion. It’s not, it’s more akin to being invited to the town hall watching the players on the balcony after previous cup wins. The club were (apparently) inviting people on - in celebration.

Trouble is now that there could be ambiguity about whether fans are now allowed on or not.

A statement from the club is now in order for safety reasons. What could have been something good (for the majority) could now go quite badly if isn’t managed properly.

Thy wish is Rovers' command:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/may/celebrations-planned-for-final-fixture/#.WuhSBmzGzI4.facebook

EFL regulations may be against it as well. They don't just apply to such instances during a game. Could the club be fined for this? It would probably be a paltry amount but enough to dissuade them. Then again the publicity shots may be better and that appeals to sponsors, partners, etc. By the way has anyone heard about who the shirt sponsor might be next season? Dafabet was a good deal (thanks to Dave Biggar) the club should be looking to match that at least. That's one of the things on the agenda for Waggott now and we can truly start to judge him in the summer.

EDIT-Wrote this as the above link was being posted.

Just now, Mike E said:

“...supporters who encroach onto the pitch risk facing banning orders as well as a criminal conviction, while the club could also face a fine.”

Well that’s certainly set the celebratory tone.

??

Just now, Stuart said:

“...supporters who encroach onto the pitch risk facing banning orders as well as a criminal conviction, while the club could also face a fine.”

Well that’s certainly set the celebratory tone.

??

:rolleyes: 

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me 

With a bumper crowd expected at Ewood Park, it promises to be a day to remember for everyone connected with the club and we request that all supporters remain in their seats at the end of the game in order for the on-pitch presentations and celebrations to take place in a safe environment.

The safety of players, managers, fans and match officials is of paramount importance and supporters who encroach onto the pitch risk facing banning orders as well as a criminal conviction, while the club could also face a fine. 

Thank you for your continued support and understanding in this matter.

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

:rolleyes: 

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me 

With a bumper crowd expected at Ewood Park, it promises to be a day to remember for everyone connected with the club and we request that all supporters remain in their seats at the end of the game in order for the on-pitch presentations and celebrations to take place in a safe environment.

The safety of players, managers, fans and match officials is of paramount importance and supporters who encroach onto the pitch risk facing banning orders as well as a criminal conviction, while the club could also face a fine. 

Thank you for your continued support and understanding in this matter.

It is what it is.

At least it’s cleared up any doubt.

7 hours ago, Stuart said:

You clearly have a personal problem with me following our exchange the other day so I’ll leave it there.

Not at all, apart from a few exchanged paragraphs of text on a football forum I don't know you at all.

However , I  bet over a pint or two we could have a right good chat all things Rovers ?

The timing and nature of it and ignoring the pleas to leave. £10 tickets and a late kick off after an afternoon in the pub look like a bad combination.

But the behaviour once they were on in there was so arrogant. A couple got a proper pasting when they reached the BBE.

3108623B-6770-4771-8019-1C8DF8E015FA.jpeg

Archived