BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pitch Invasion of sorts

AAK

Stewarding at Rovers must be the easiest job in Britain with the empty stands and laid back atmosphere most of them just sit/stand staring into space probably wondering how United or Liverpool are getting on.

Then when something happens or threatens to happen they haven't got the slightest clue what to do or inclination to get involved they are just numbers picking up an easy few quid.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Typical of these idiots to spoil it for fans, children in particular, and the players after the brilliant season we've had.

Where were they when there was a genuine need for a pitch invasion - ie,  in protest at Venky's were in the process of throwing away our Premier League status  in the Kean era ? 

Wasn't there yesterday - but how many stewards and police were in attendance around the pitch ?  Where there enough of them and what did they do to stop it, if anything ?  Shouldn't the club have anticipated this invasion in advance ? 

It was all over Social Media prior to the event. Most definately pre-arranged to occur before the final whistle by mainly youngsters. Once a few went then sheep follow.

The Club will do nothing and quite rightly as they are trying to engage with fans and post-match issued the "owners" things have never been better statement.

Fans going on to the pitch to complain would have brought severe sanction hence it never happened in the Coco era.

I doubt the EFL or whomever are bothered, the seasons almost over and Citeh got away with it establishing a precedent. No fine unless the EFL need their lunch budget topping up.

I had to leave the match early yesterday due to a social engagement but as at Doncaster where I was present  it sounds likea load of selfish idiots spoiling things for the majority. At Doncaster the fans had been already been on the pitch once which was understandable in the heat and excitement of the moment but there was absolutely no need to charge on a second time which ruined the players celebrations with the rest of the fans.

Most importantly about yesterday, won't the Club get in trouble for these numpties invading the pitch whilst the match was still in progress?

On 01/05/2018 at 10:07, blueboy3333 said:

I didn't realise you were the voice of moral reasoning on BRFCS.

Like I said.....

Every village, town and city has their idiots and yesterday most of the morons looked like the dregs of society.

Then there was the mums and dads running on with kids in tow and this is even before the final whistle.

And what did these morons do once on the pitch ? Celebrate ? No, they goaded the fans in the stands. That knob who goaded the BBE got a good seeing to and rightly so.Hope he is black and blue.

There was nothing celebratory about the invasion at all. It was a bunch of chancers who turned up for no reason at all other than  to get on the pitch.

And don't get me started on the lads struggling with puberty who have to prove to their mates how tough they are by sneaking flares in. Oohhh you big men

21 hours ago, scotchrover said:

What happened to the club acting in those that invaded? They should have been kettled and arrested. 

Thank God that the Darwen End is closed next season, to home fans. 

No idea what that even means, these ruffians will just surely move to other stands if thats the case anyway?

Anyone who ran on yesterday in the circumstances was an idiot, and it did leave a bit of a sour taste, theres no escaping that, but theres also alot of self entitlement going round. As Stuart mentions below, these are mainly people who dont normally go who ran on, I didnt go on the pitch but I was in the Darwen End yesterday as normal, I wasnt happy with people going on, but I take a bit of offence to you seemingly tarring everyone who was in there with the same brush with that last comment. Totally unfair.

21 hours ago, Stuart said:

In fairness the vast majority of these folks were people who don’t normally attend. There were still lots of fans in the DE stand while all this was going on.

7 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Typical of these idiots to spoil it for fans, children in particular, and the players after the brilliant season we've had.

Where were they when there was a genuine need for a pitch invasion - ie,  in protest at Venky's were in the process of throwing away our Premier League status  in the Kean era ? 

Wasn't there yesterday - but how many stewards and police were in attendance around the pitch ?  Where there enough of them and what did they do to stop it, if anything ?  Shouldn't the club have anticipated this invasion in advance ? 

Police presence was non existent, poorly planned by the club, part of the reason why the idiots stayed on for so long, no one went on to usher them back.

38 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

No idea what that even means, these ruffians will just surely move to other stands if thats the case anyway?

Anyone who ran on yesterday in the circumstances was an idiot, and it did leave a bit of a sour taste, theres no escaping that, but theres also alot of self entitlement going round. As Stuart mentions below, these are mainly people who dont normally go who ran on, I didnt go on the pitch but I was in the Darwen End yesterday as normal, I wasnt happy with people going on, but I take a bit of offence to you seemingly tarring everyone who was in there with the same brush with that last comment. Totally unfair.

Police presence was non existent, poorly planned by the club, part of the reason why the idiots stayed on for so long, no one went on to usher them back.

No but MOST of the Darwen End did. The side closest to the Riverside was almost empty when all the chaos was fully in swing. For that reason, I’m glad it’s closed. It’s not the first time there’s been trouble from that lot this year either. I’m glad that all the scummy individuals that ran onto the pitch will no longer be congregated together. They can be split up , meaning they’ll be less likely to create trouble. Our club isn’t known for having a hooligan reputation. Why it should start now, after some kids have seen Green Street, is anyone’s guess. 

7 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:I had to leave the match early yesterday due to a social engagement but as at Doncaster where I was present  it sounds likea load of selfish idiots spoiling things for the majority. At Doncaster the fans had been already been on the pitch once which was understandable in the heat and excitement of the moment but there was absolutely no need to charge on a second time which ruined the players celebrations with the rest of the fans.

Most importantly about yesterday, won't the Club get in trouble for these numpties invading the pitch whilst the match was still in progress?

They will indeed, which is exactly what these fans want. There’s a set of idiots, that’s not decreasing, that are intent on taking football back to the dark days. We need police back inside stadiums, not pretend mock-ups. 

Not sure.

At away games it always makes me laugh the lengths the stone island crew go to avoid actual confrontation.

Best example is the shared concourse thing at Newcastle, both sides goading each other but seemingly held back by a line of invisible stewards.

Though League 1 was a bit of a throwback - non existent stewarding and police, no assigned seats etc. It promoted a ‘we’ll do what we want’ culture. The top two divisions are much more sedate in many ways.

1 hour ago, scotchrover said:

No but MOST of the Darwen End did. The side closest to the Riverside was almost empty when all the chaos was fully in swing. For that reason, I’m glad it’s closed. It’s not the first time there’s been trouble from that lot this year either. I’m glad that all the scummy individuals that ran onto the pitch will no longer be congregated together. They can be split up , meaning they’ll be less likely to create trouble. Our club isn’t known for having a hooligan reputation. Why it should start now, after some kids have seen Green Street, is anyone’s guess. 

When else? There are a few hundred usually in that side, and most dont seem like the scummy hooligans you see from up on your ivory tower.

On 06/05/2018 at 19:28, scotchrover said:

You honestly couldn't make it up.

What an absolute moron you must be.

On 06/05/2018 at 19:28, scotchrover said:

End of season awards tonight at Ewood. I think you have just won the award for ‘hysterical overreaction post 2017-18.’ 

Nb - I don’t condone football violence, nor want football to return to the troubled days of the 1980s. Equally I don’t want to follow an under 5’s tiddlywinks team! 

Archived