BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, islander200 said:

It was 8.5 million in league one but surely our players had relegation clauses in their contracts that meant their wages dropped?Presumably now we have been promoted their wages will increase?I'm not sure how it works to be honest.Dack is also deserving of a better deal and I would presume the club will be looking to give him that as I'm sure other clubs will be looking at him.So the wage bill will rise before any new players are through the door 

If that is true then it worries me even more.

Just now, arbitro said:

If that is true then it worries me even more.

We can only hope that the manager returns from India with good news.If the owners give him a decent budget then I won't have an issue with the rising season ticket prices but if he is given penny's to spend il still buy a season ticket but will fully expect ewood to be close to empty with home fans next season

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

LOL. Lenny only played about ten games. Nyambe played all season and has been excellent. If you don't think he offers anything going forward you don't go to matches. I thought the same at the beginning of the season but he has come on leaps and bounds this season. This from the LT today in the players ratings:-

Ryan Nyambe 8 (MOM)

Back in the side after injury and can be pleased with his display. Got forward regularly and his athleticism is a real positive. Made one brilliant block from Obika shortly before Oxford leveller.

Richey Sharpe is an excellent reporter and a good judge in my opinion. He knows the game.

And in those 10 games he proved he was way to good for League 1 and helped get us promoted :rolleyes:.

I have been to 90% of all games this season and watched the other 10% on ifollow, Nyambe offers zilch going forward. I get that you like Nyambe but you don’t have to lie about his abilities. Did he even get one assist?

In my list of the players that are too good for league 1 I missed out Raya, another big reason why we got promoted.

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

LOL. Lenny only played about ten games. Nyambe played all season and has been excellent. If you don't think he offers anything going forward you don't go to matches. I thought the same at the beginning of the season but he has come on leaps and bounds this season. This from the LT today in the players ratings:-

Ryan Nyambe 8 (MOM)

Back in the side after injury and can be pleased with his display. Got forward regularly and his athleticism is a real positive. Made one brilliant block from Obika shortly before Oxford leveller.

Richey Sharpe is an excellent reporter and a good judge in my opinion. He knows the game.

I agree the block was brilliant but then he took an age to get up off the floor and close down the next attack. From that cross they scored.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

Nyambe gets some amount of crap on here, the kid is 20 years old for gods sake. He is still improving. He is the same age as Travis.

Nyambe adds athleticism to the team when he plays which is very important. If Tony is going back to 3-5-2 with Wing backs, then Nyambe goes to the right side of the back three. 

Bennett and Travis at Right Wing Back. If we can find a nasty Centre half, you could move Lenihan up into Midfield. 

I agree with that up to a point (I don't think 3 at the back suits the players we have). However Nyambe as a one of a 3 could work as he will have cover and not be isolated. It would have to be a 3-5-2 for me though as we would need someone with the legs to patrol the flank, if he got pulled out to that side one on one he'd get mullered.

• Backroom

I'm still not convinced Nyambe has what it takes to be first choice next season, but at the very least he's earned a chance to prove that he does. I expect he'll be given the opportunity so I hope he grasps it with both hands as I'd rather Bennett was an option in CM as opposed to RB. 

10 hours ago, rigger said:

I agree the block was brilliant but then he took an age to get up off the floor and close down the next attack. From that cross they scored.

He didnt do enough for me  !

Edited by JAL

Just now, JAL said:

He did ferk all else bowl fish fans !

Remember guys, in this weather, drink plenty of water, retire to the shade occasionally. Wear a hat perhaps. Sun stroke can be a right bitch.

14 hours ago, rigger said:

The block happend right in front of me. He took the ball right in the nuts. It clearly winded him but there was also little cover to help defend because Samuel was not back helping.

• Backroom

Kamy Just tweeted a screenshot of a newspaper article (well a paragraph) wherein Mowbray says he fears we may be on our way to a transfer embargo 

Thought we were under League 1 rules and owners can put in as much as they like? So why would we get a transfer ban?

Clubs in the League 1 and League 2 operate within a Spending Constraint framework termed Salary Cost Management Protocol (SMCP). SCMP limits spending on player wages to a percentage of club Turnover. In League 1 clubs can spend a maximum of 60% of their turnover on wages - in League 2, the limit is 55%. There are no restrictions (in themselves) on the amount a club can lose or spend on transfer fees. 

Relegated clubs 

The rules apply to all clubs and there is no moratorium for clubs relegated from the Championship. However, Transitional Arrangements are in place whereby clubs are allowed to exclude the wage costs of all players that the club signed pre September of the relegation season, if they were signed on contracts in excess of 3 seasons. 

Turnover definition 

Under the SCMP rules, the definition of 'Turnover' is particularly important as Turnover is used to determine the maximum wage-spend. Within a traditional accounting perspective, there are usually only three elements of turnover: 

• Match-day Income 
  • Commercial Income (such as sponsorship) 
  • TV revenue (and any 'merit payments' based on league position)

However the Football League use a is broader definition of Turnover. Crucially, the FL Turnover figure includes donations from the owners to the club and injections of equity. Loans from club owners are understandably not included in the Turnover figure as these would result in growing club debts. In League 1 and League 2, a wealthy owner can therefore fund the club spending in a way that is not permitted in other divisions

Can't see any reason at all in there why we should be looking at a transfer ban. Unless it is something we allegedly did last season in the Championship, but we hardly spent a penny - that's partly why we went down. And with the likes of Wolves, Villa, etc. spaffing 10's of millions and going unpunished,  frankly,I think it's bullshit.

Edited by BiggusMickus
  • Like 1

It is from The Sun but it is a direct quote.  Question is has the quote been completely taken out of context.  I have asked the club for clarification.

The FFP rules as massively complicated but the calculation will be based on the last 3 years so that is why we could fall foul.  However, I am hoping that in FFP submission we can show that a genuine effort has been made to reduce costs given that there are other clubs in the Championship who are blatantly flouting the rules and seemingly getting away with it. 

Perhaps we are heading for an embargo because TM has been given an absolutely massive War-Chest for the summer, and we are going to buy anyone we want!

Edited by rigger
additional comment

• Backroom

Suspect the question was leading along the lines of:

'What happens to the club if you try to match the spending of the Championship's biggest clubs this season?'

• Like 1

Just now, Mike E said:

Suspect the question was leading along the lines of:

'What happens to the club if you try to match the spending of the Championship's biggest clubs this season?'

Is weird that nobody has heard anything in relation to this before it appears in a gossip box in the sun

Hopefully we get some clarification on this from a  real source. I wouldn't put it past the sun using quotes out of context. 

26 minutes ago, Kamy100 said:

It is from The Sun but it is a direct quote.  Question is has the quote been completely taken out of context.  I have asked the club for clarification.

The FFP rules as massively complicated but the calculation will be based on the last 3 years so that is why we could fall foul.  However, I am hoping that in FFP submission we can show that a genuine effort has been made to reduce costs given that there are other clubs in the Championship who are blatantly flouting the rules and seemingly getting away with it. 

Has a journo put their name to the article Kamy?