BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

8 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

ToMo is certainly putting the emphasis on supporters taking responsibility for supporting their own club. I agree entirely...with the caveat that the club has to make it financially viable for everyone who wants to support their club to be able to do so.

I accept and understand that it is important that the club makes as much money as possible through gate receipts etc.

However I am concerned that we're heading towards the 'we can't compete' sob story that has been regularly pushed from within the club. Bucket loads of evidence around that the lesser supported clubs can and do compete - Brentford, Preston, Millwall, Cardiff - ahead of the bigger supported clubs - Wednesday, Leeds, Forest. Its about having a structure, plan and organisation - all of which have been lacking here in recent years.

Leeds and Forest for example have the benefit of 20,000+ crowds every week, but they are both basket cases and so aren't successful - ridiculous turnovers in directors, managers and players see to that.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

There is nothing wrong in my post just people overacting to a non story. 

Mowbray's quote was taken out of context but what he was saying is that Rovers will come under embargo if the club's revenues do not improve in the future.

That's a pretty important story. 

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thanks Kamy. 

people can calm down and stop worrying like some previous posts. 

People have to trust or learn to trust Mowbray and know that he wouldn't come out with quotes like that. if he was saying what the Sun reported then he would have said to the LT and Radio Lancs not to the Sun. this is also a problem when national newspapers are covering Championship/league 1 clubs. 

Please stop telling people to calm down as it's annoying. Quite rightly there was concern and people are correct and entirely free to express that concern on a Rovers forum.

• Like 3

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Mowbray's quote was taken out of context but what he was saying is that Rovers will come under embargo if the club's revenues do not improve in the future.

And still very worrying. 

It's good that we have a clearer picture of the context of the quote but there is nothing positive about it.

Just now, Kamy100 said:

I have talked to a journalist who was at the presser.

The context for the quote is that Tony said that Rovers face an embargo in a few years time if sponsorship, sales of merchandise and people attending matches do not rise.  So the quote is genuine but the Sun have taken it completely out of context and used the first part of it to make it sound like it is imminent.

Thanks for the confirmation Kamy. Without wanting to sound too much like Chaddy exactly as I predicted! ;)

Taken in that context it actually sounds quite positive to me. It implies that we'll be spending a decent amount on transfer fees and wagesin the first place!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

It was pretty obvious comment tbh Jim. The fans have to turn up and support the team more by buying Season tickets, Club getting more sponsorship and etc. 

Just now, arbitro said:

Please stop telling people to calm down as it's annoying. Quite rightly there was concern and people are correct and entirely free to express that concern on a Rovers forum.

It is annoying seeing people worrying for no reason about non story. 

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Thanks for the confirmation Kamy. Without wanting to sound too much like Chaddy exactly as I predicted! ;)

Taken in that context it actually sounds quite positive to me. It implies that we'll be spending a decent amount on transfer fees and wagesin the first place!

I could be that way tbh us spending money and I guess we will see what Mowbray transfer budget is after his meeting in India

It was odd seeing as the clubs income has just got a guaranteed rise of about 5 million although most of that will be swallowed up straight away with pay rises, bonuses, new contracts etc but still they should be looking at more of a break even or thereabouts scenario.

Typical red top rag guff they should be held accountable for this type of thing. Taking things from one form of media and quoting out of context to put a spin on it in another is journo's and amateur hacks common practice and it stinks :huh:

8 minutes ago, arbitro said:

He always pops up after the event to tell people to stop worrying about things he hadn't got a clue whether he should have been worrying about or not. If he could think for himself he'd be dangerous.....

Edited by blueboy3333
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

If available, bringing him back seems a no brainer. Tailed off a bit after his initial impact, but more to come from him I reckon 

I am serious Glutton for genuine pace. I never had any as a player, so always been envious. 

• Like 2

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

I am serious Glutton for genuine pace. I never had any as a player, so always been envious. 

Simmonds with the under 23s is the fastest at the club seemingly 

Who is the fastest senior player? Armstrong, Lenihan or Nyambe be my guesses 

1 hour ago, Kamy100 said:

The context for the quote is that Tony said that Rovers face an embargo in a few years time if sponsorship, sales of merchandise and people attending matches do not rise.  So the quote is genuine but the Sun have taken it completely out of context and used the first part of it to make it sound like it is imminent.

Thanks Kamy.

Hopefully this message is passed on by TM to Venkys when he meets them this summer - i.e invest now whilst you can as if we don't get back into the Premiership soon we may not get back in for some time. I would hope he will have their ear after promotion so it's the time to be bold I say..... Then again I have hoped for so many things from the @#/?ing lunatics. 

14 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Whatever head start players get against Nyambe he always makes it back. 

• Like 1

As good as this season was, lets not forget that the club is in a ton of debt, whether it's owed to the Venkys themselves or the bank of India, whatever. Our finances arent in a good way and that's nothing new, we spent a bit last summer but compared to championship sides we spent peanuts. Are we going to see a dramatic increase? Highly doubtful, regardless of how TM's meeting goes in India. Be happy enough with a couple of million spent and a few loans and frees, that's a realistic expectation. The seasons only just finished so let's give it a month or two before meltdown mode starts on here :lol: Its going to be many years before we are stable financially and their could be many a transfer embargo until these loons go, we all know that ourselves without TM saying anything.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Whatever head start players get against Nyambe he always makes it back. 

Nyambe moves that fast JAL is unable to give an accurate assessment of his abilities. 

• Like 3

Just now, Give 'Em the Axe said:

Season not over 5 minutes and this malarky. Not good for the health at all. 

Yes,  3 days into the close season and one near meltdown already. 

Next one will probably come soon when Nixon or someone similar runs a story claiming that club X  are big admirers of Dack and "could" be ready to make a swoop for him in a deal worth a half eaten mars bar and a box of liquorice allsorts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Depends over what distance. The ones that win the 25 yard sprints don't always win the length of the pitch sprints.

2 hours ago, Kamy100 said:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16211662.Tony_Mowbray_set_to_visit_India_next_week_but_Rovers_under_no_embargo_threat/