BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

What an absolute plonker that John Claret is. (In the comment section)

I would hope for a 10m transfer budget with an extra 100k a week for wages. That’s 15m this season. Venkys are use to putting that much in.

Edited by Fraserkirky

21 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

I would hope for a 10m transfer budget with an extra 100k a week for wages. That’s 15m this season. Venkys are use to putting that much in.

Be lucky if they put more than £1million in. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

He’s always one of the first to comment on every Rovers story and yet takes the p*ss out of us. 

Its new levels of laughable, you’d hope he’d have better things to do with his time but apparently not. 

He’s consistent though, ends pretty much every post with “What a shambles.”

Strong rumour he's a telegraph plant to keep debates raging, probably not but it's odd he's never copped a ban he's just a wum who actually ruins most debates before they get going.

Telerag is probably over loaded with dingles these days though.

Just now, LA Rover said:

Wheelock tweeting that David Lowe is in attendance watching Liverpool - Chelsea U23's tonight. Any guesses? 

Well last time we ended up with Sam Hart :o

• Backroom

Hope it’s Bobby Adenkanye - based on nothing but name alone he’s the best player on there, Charlie Brown second 

9 hours ago, JHRover said:

Sheffield Wednesday - Chansiri shirt sponsor and stand sponsor

QPR - Air Asia shirt sponsors

Fulham - Visit Florida shirt sponsors (just so happens their owner is based in Florida)

Cardiff - Visit Malaysia shirt sponsors (their owner is based in Malaysia)

Ipswich - Marcus Evans shirt sponsor

Nothing stopping Venkys themselves or one of their friends in India signing up to a highly lucrative shirt, stand or stadium sponsorship package worth millions of pounds. Always a mystery why such wealthy and well connected businessmen have never delivered any tie ins with India apart from the odd few Venkys boards around Ewood.

Anyone want to buy a rovers shirt with venkys emblazoned on the front before entering the venkys Blackburn end ?

There was a reference earlier in this thread to our Pod (Episode 93) that covered this in some detail but I’ll try & summarise briefly & with no jargon...

All references to June 2017 a/cs of course...

In a nutshell:-

TRADING

Turnover is down by a third as parachute payments ended.

Costs have been significantly reduced but not quite in line with t/o.

Losses have been reduced by positive impact of player sales.

Interest costs have reduced by two-thirds as much of the debt has effectively moved from the bank (who charge interest of course) to the parent company (which does not).

All in all - loss of £3.7m recorded for 2017 - up from £1.5m in 2016.

ASSETS & LIABILITIES

Total creditors (money owed) stood at £114m up slightly from £112m

BUT less of it owed to the bank, extra £7m owed to Venky parent - on balance this is a good thing, better to be in hock to the parent than the bank I would say.

Of the £114m - £95m owed to V’s

So what ? 

V’s are undertaking good housekeeping to manage a difficult position (I know they got themselves into it...this isn’t an opinion piece BTW ?)

2017/18 will probably reveal decreased t/o given the relegation - less TV money, sponsorships, corporates, ticket sales etc.

Promotion opens up increased possibility for s/t income, TV, sponsorship, commercial etc 

FFP rules are frankly impenetrable...made even more complex if you move between Championship & League 1...which we’ve just done twice - as the rules are different in each.

V’s can still cover part of any losses with share capital (rather than loans) in the Championship, but it’s not as easy as in League 1. What is not up for debate is that Championship clubs FFP is based more around turnover and profitability....and so to that extent, increased spend by fans in Ewood in whatever form can only help the FFP calculation and give the club less of a headache.

Finally, whilst we will earn more TV money etc, I suspect large parts of that increased income will be swallowed up with improved player contracts etc. If we expect them to take a hit after a relegation,  chances are their agents will expect the reverse after a promotion...?

Hope that helps....but listen to the pod, read this & then pose whatever questions you might have & I’ll have a stab....but Not FFP...I cant make head nor tail of the EFL site ?

• Like 7

6 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Yes,  3 days into the close season and one near meltdown already. 

Next one will probably come soon when Nixon or someone similar runs a story claiming that club X  are big admirers of Dack and "could" be ready to make a swoop for him in a deal worth a half eaten mars bar and a box of liquorice allsorts.

Near meltdown?  Really?  :o

That Liam Miller is supposed to be very highly rated. Canadian but played at some school with. Sessegnon brothers and he was more rated than them.Scored a lot of goals already been involved with the Canadian senior team.

Saying that any of the extremely talented youngsters at Liverpool you would expect Gerrard to maybe take them on loan to Rangers 

11 hours ago, davulsukur said:

He’s always one of the first to comment on every Rovers story and yet takes the p*ss out of us. 

Its new levels of laughable, you’d hope he’d have better things to do with his time but apparently not. 

He’s consistent though, ends pretty much every post with “What a shambles.”

"Couldn't make it up" is another. I just feel sorry for somebody that is more obsessed with us than we are. He must refresh the LET allday long.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Stuart said:

You posted appeared after Kamy’s - slighting Kamy’s reputation and anyone who listens to him.

Yes, I can tell the time.

Yep your right, i didn't see Kamy's post so my bad, but i was right in my original post that people should have ALL the facts before putting a post on here like he did, he could have waited the extra couple of hours to confirm that he had made other inquiries and that the headline was totally out of context to TM's comments. Now we all know the situation,  but Kamy's original post put a spoke in a good feel factor and put many on here in negative mood.

Glad you can tell the time, 

16 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Mowbray's quote was taken out of context but what he was saying is that Rovers will come under embargo if the club's revenues do not improve in the future.

That's a pretty important story. 

Well that must be similar to probably half the championship teams especially the ones who have spent over their heads.

10 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

There was a reference earlier in this thread to our Pod (Episode 93) that covered this in some detail but I’ll try & summarise briefly & with no jargon...

All references to June 2017 a/cs of course...

In a nutshell:-

TRADING

Turnover is down by a third as parachute payments ended.

Costs have been significantly reduced but not quite in line with t/o.

Losses have been reduced by positive impact of player sales.

Interest costs have reduced by two-thirds as much of the debt has effectively moved from the bank (who charge interest of course) to the parent company (which does not).

All in all - loss of £3.7m recorded for 2017 - up from £1.5m in 2016.

ASSETS & LIABILITIES

Total creditors (money owed) stood at £114m up slightly from £112m

BUT less of it owed to the bank, extra £7m owed to Venky parent - on balance this is a good thing, better to be in hock to the parent than the bank I would say.

Of the £114m - £95m owed to V’s

So what ? 

V’s are undertaking good housekeeping to manage a difficult position (I know they got themselves into it...this isn’t an opinion piece BTW ?)

2017/18 will probably reveal decreased t/o given the relegation - less TV money, sponsorships, corporates, ticket sales etc.

Promotion opens up increased possibility for s/t income, TV, sponsorship, commercial etc 

FFP rules are frankly impenetrable...made even more complex if you move between Championship & League 1...which we’ve just done twice - as the rules are different in each.

V’s can still cover part of any losses with share capital (rather than loans) in the Championship, but it’s not as easy as in League 1. What is not up for debate is that Championship clubs FFP is based more around turnover and profitability....and so to that extent, increased spend by fans in Ewood in whatever form can only help the FFP calculation and give the club less of a headache.

Finally, whilst we will earn more TV money etc, I suspect large parts of that increased income will be swallowed up with improved player contracts etc. If we expect them to take a hit after a relegation,  chances are their agents will expect the reverse after a promotion...?

Hope that helps....but listen to the pod, read this & then pose whatever questions you might have & I’ll have a stab....but Not FFP...I cant make head nor tail of the EFL site ?

Thanks for that, but where is this story of 250m in debt coming from some 3/4 pages back, i thought it a bit odd.

1 hour ago, EgyptianPete said:

Thanks for that, but where is this story of 250m in debt coming from some 3/4 pages back, i thought it a bit odd.

Well that’s not borne out by the 2017 a/cs -  the 2018 may well be worse but I doubt by that much.

Some people may have equated accumulated losses of £225m with debt perhaps ? 

V’s total “investment” in BRFC equates to £147m of share capital plus the £95m loans - maybe that’s what has confused some ? I dunno, but debt (as at June 2017) is nowhere near £250m.