BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

12 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I've always found it odd how in the immediate aftermath of the takeover and during the Kean days all of the Venky clan were easily accessible, particularly to our friends at Sky Sports. Not just the chuckle brothers from the moment they were paraded on the pitch at Ewood before the Villa game but also Madame who provided numerous interviews and was on hand to provide her opinion on all things Rovers even though she had previously admitted not understanding the game.

Then the shutters came down and it is rare for even the manager or staff of the club to get chance to speak to her, only happening face to face once a year at her behest in India. Probably more difficult to speak to her without an invite than the Queen.

Curious how for such supposedly private people someone managed to persuade Madame to find space in her diary to provide interviews and how when things went horrifically wrong that she suddenly becomes an intensely private and busy person who can no longer speak.

Yeah they even went as far fans as inviting fans over to meet them, to show how honest, open and accessible, they were . I wonder whose idea that was?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Herbie6590 said:

Either way, believe it or not, the bold facts are that their dalliance into English football has cost them £250m - that’s why I said on the pod that it was an expensive hobby.

Does that clarify  ?

I find that truly astonishing,£250 Million for the sum total of abject failure?:blink:

They remain the Bull in the China Shop,the crux of our problems.

The bad feelings and resentment return with vengeance when I read things like this..and I don't like it one bit.

• Like 1

Just now, lraC said:

Yeah they even went as far fans as inviting fans over to meet them, to show how honest, open and accessible, they were . I wonder whose idea that was?

Clearly someone orchestrating the whole thing, wanting Venkys to appear to be open, accessible and involved in club affairs. No surprise that Balaji embraced the publicity side of it and was happy to throw his doors open to Sky Sports to show them his luxury car collection, but more surprising that the puppet master of the scheme managed to get Mrs Desai on speed dial.

Of course as Venkys continued to put their foot in it through their ridiculous comments and statements it added to the public belief that these were merely well intentioned but clueless owners, rather than the alternative, which was that they had minimal involvement in it at all other than providing a front and the capital whilst other people ran the club and made the decisions.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

I find that truly astonishing,£250 Million for the sum total of abject failure?:blink:

They remain the Bull in the China Shop,the crux of our problems.

The bad feelings and resentment return with vengeance when I read things like this..and I don't like it one bit.

I truly believe that it is important not to forget. Yes as fans we now see the club moving forward again and hope we don't slide back again. These people though are responsible for what has happened to the club and one successful year in the third tier, does not suddenly put it all right. That figure of £250 million to take us to the third tier and back, is astonishing and is akin to Wolves going down this year, instead of up. It simply can't happen without something sinister going on.

• Like 2

Just now, Pedro said:

Has Jim White got them yet??

No he gave up when the ex agency man who had never heard of them got fixed up with another job, apparently Jim White was last seen heading up the M6 on the hunt  for the Ross County owners owners after instructions from Barnet HQ

12 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Has Jim White got them yet??

As a fellow scot, that was one of the most embarrassing radio shows I've ever heard. Cringe.

Like Jim @#/?ing White has any power at all. 

13 hours ago, islander200 said:

That Liam Miller is supposed to be very highly rated. Canadian but played at some school with. Sessegnon brothers and he was more rated than them.Scored a lot of goals already been involved with the Canadian senior team.

Saying that any of the extremely talented youngsters at Liverpool you would expect Gerrard to maybe take them on loan to Rangers 

Would someone called Liam ever contemplate signing for Rangers lol?

Let's give 'Madame' some credit here....she did quite abundantly and with great pride and aplomb claim to know more about Cricket than Football,we were forewarned so fair play to the top Lass on that one.

A second or so after the great announcement the fookin Sky fell in and the doors of Hades opened for most Rovers fans with a collective cry of Oh Shyte!!

I digress.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

13 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Let's give 'Madame' some credit here....she did quite abundantly and with great pride and aplomb claim to know more about Cricket than Football,we were forewarned so fair play to the top Lass on that one.

A second or so after the great announcement the fookin Sky fell in and the doors of Hades opened for most Rovers fans with a collective cry of Oh Shyte!!

I digress.

Owzatt?

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

I've always found it odd how in the immediate aftermath of the takeover and during the Kean days all of the Venky clan were easily accessible, particularly to our friends at Sky Sports. Not just the chuckle brothers from the moment they were paraded on the pitch at Ewood before the Villa game but also Madame who provided numerous interviews and was on hand to provide her opinion on all things Rovers even though she had previously admitted not understanding the game.

Then the shutters came down and it is rare for even the manager or staff of the club to get chance to speak to her, only happening face to face once a year at her behest in India. Probably more difficult to speak to her without an invite than the Queen.

Curious how for such supposedly private people someone managed to persuade Madame to find space in her diary to provide interviews and how when things went horrifically wrong that she suddenly becomes an intensely private and busy person who can no longer speak.

Good points made. but somebody or some people recommend Sky Sports people to her and family. I remember Sky Sports being there the week after Shebby comments about Pedersen. It was Jim White interviewing Kean. 

Watch "Steve Kean Talks to Jim White From SkySports News 18/01/12" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/AGIFb_UHY2o

4 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

Was just thinking about when one of them last appeared either video / audio talking about Rovers, was it the at gunpoint interview in Switzerland ?

Was it Venky Rao interview day after we were relegated from PL? wasnt Alan Myers the interviewer? 

3 hours ago, lraC said:

Wasnt it Simon Williams who idea it was for fans to go to India?

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

Clearly someone orchestrating the whole thing, wanting Venkys to appear to be open, accessible and involved in club affairs. No surprise that Balaji embraced the publicity side of it and was happy to throw his doors open to Sky Sports to show them his luxury car collection, but more surprising that the puppet master of the scheme managed to get Mrs Desai on speed dial.

Of course as Venkys continued to put their foot in it through their ridiculous comments and statements it added to the public belief that these were merely well intentioned but clueless owners, rather than the alternative, which was that they had minimal involvement in it at all other than providing a front and the capital whilst other people ran the club and made the decisions.

Wasnt Alan Myers the reporter who went to India to interview the owners?

Edited by chaddyrovers

8 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

As I said “an expensive hobby”?‍♂️

Surely it's only a hobby if you are interested in it and enjoy it. Don't think either applies to Venky's where Rovers are concerned.

• Like 1

But have Venky's really spent £250 million on Rovers?

Maybe they squirrelled away all the parachute money, the TV money, the profits from players etc and then used the same money to issue shares and loan money back to the club?

If they really have ploughed all that income back into the club and it has cost £250 million on top of that and we are still massively in debt then how do other clubs manage to survive without having the same problems?

It just doesn't add up to me.

• J*B pinned this topic
Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Yorkshire Post reporter saying he thinks we've got an option to sign Antonsson.

Thank goodness for that. We might be trampled underfoot in the rush to sign him otherwise. :huh:

Not done enough for me overall but did have a decent scoring run at one point. I'd let both him and Conway go and look further afield.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, lraC said:

I truly believe that it is important not to forget. Yes as fans we now see the club moving forward again and hope we don't slide back again. These people though are responsible for what has happened to the club and one successful year in the third tier, does not suddenly put it all right. That figure of £250 million to take us to the third tier and back, is astonishing and is akin to Wolves going down this year, instead of up. It simply can't happen without something sinister going on.

You could use Sunderland as another example. We are not alone in this

No way would in for Antonsson. He started well but has faded away following injury. Wouldn’t be too bad if he was 22 (like he looks) but at 27 he should be at his peak. I just don’t see him improving.

Mowbray may need to be ruthless this Summer and not be sentimental about a L1 promotion squad.

• Like 3

On 08/05/2018 at 15:08, blueboy3333 said:

Listen to the last but one podcast. @Herbie6590  and @philipl are on there explaining it. TBF I was none the wiser by the end of it, which is probably due to my lack of knowledge on the exciting world of accountancy! However, we are apparently now £250m in debt, or at least that was a figure being bandied about on the podcast.

here's the thread

Not £250m in debt.

Venky's have spent £250m+ on Rovers since 2010 but £130m of that is shareholders' funds, not debt.

Without going back to the accounts, overdraft plus debt is about £100m but as this is all owed to Indians without much security, it is not particularly dangerous debt compared with the type of debt most football clubs are burdened with.

They should have just bought Messi, Ronaldo and Bale when they came in and be done with it for that kind money...pretty sure we would not be in this mess now. When will this end? How will this end?