BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Neither of Whittingham or Gladwin looked the part before they got injured. That's unless they were injured before they signed.

No, but nobody was playing to their maximum then. Hopefully they come good. Although I could see Gladwin leaving on loan. Whittingham has huge championship experience. He was selected for the championship team of the decade. I think he can play a part next season. Maybe not as a starter

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I thiught the exact same when I looked at the Derby and Fulham teams yesterday 

Yep ..and the subs too...some very  strong squads in this league  ..OUR league  (sounds better !).

Albeit Play off teams ..the championship is going to be a severe test 

21 hours ago, Biz said:

I’ll remind you, our club (countless examples but what better than one in our shirt) paid 2/3 million a season and 8 million for a striker who’d never played in the championship. He then went on to top score in the division.   and where is this 'super star' now?  JR had no pace and neither does Dack. 

The idea that we’d sell someone for less than half that, 5 years on when parachute payments are 3x.... deliberate attempts to get a reaction knowing you are talking crap.  IF we sell Dack and we get more than £4million including add ons, I will make a donation to a charity of your choice.  I think, big money for Dack is one huge risk - IMO, all round with Dack, too many boxes are unticked and as such, I very much doubt there'll be any bids big enough to turn heads at Ewood.

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

you wont be making any donation tho Mercer has Dack wont be sold. 

You love selling our players don't you. Almost makes we wonder if you have bets on them moving or just winding us up

Hey Chaddy, when Shearer left Rovers in 1996 my kids cried and I also shed a tear so enough of that cr@p.

Sadly, too many are in football to make a fast buck and I see this happening over Dack.  IMV, his head will be turned, there will be interested clubs (but not at nonsensical fees speculated of £8million upwards) and as such, it would be no surprise to me to see Dack leave in a deal with add ons in the £3 to £4million range.  I think it's 80% certain Dack will leave (think he'll become unsettled)  and if and when he does, I will elaborate further. 

Edited by Mercer

18 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Hey Chaddy, when Shearer left Rovers in 1996 my kids cried and I also shed a tear so enough of that cr@p.

Sadly, too many are in football to make a fast buck and I see this happening over Dack.  IMV, his head will be turned, there will be interested clubs (but not at nonsensical fees speculated of £8million upwards) and as such, it would be no surprise to me to see Dack leave in a deal with add ons in the £3 to £4million range.  I think it's 80% certain Dack will leave (think he'll become unsettled)  and if and when he does, I will elaborate further. 

You sold Rhodes about every transfer window. 

You have no idea whether his head will be turn and very likely to unsettled. I doubt it as he playing his best football under Mowbray and I can see Dack staying here and he will get new contract shortly. 

4 hours ago, Mercer said:

You're the only person i know who uses the acronym 'IMV' and it really annoys me, everyone else is IMO but not our merc. Sorry mate, don't know why it just does, merc

Edited by AAK

22 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Who's buying him then?I presume you don't think a top championship club or premier league club will come in for him?

Why would he move if it isn't to one of the promotion contenders?He is the star player here, our talisman, adored by the fans.Every time he has spoken it has come across that he is really enjoying his time here.So why would he leave unless it was to one of the promotion favourites or to move up a league.

Is this something you have heard like when you sold Jordan Rhodes to first Bolton and then to Wigan?

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

You sold Rhodes about every transfer window. 

You have no idea whether his head will be turn and very likely to unsettled. I doubt it as he playing his best football under Mowbray and I can see Dack staying here and he will get new contract shortly. 

If that's what you believe/hope then fine.

Sadly, I think you will be disappointed.  Heads get turned, folk become unsettled - it's there in everyday life.  I recruited a new member of staff this week, wined and dined her, sold her a deal and over she comes in 3 months' time - it's life Chaddy!

If our Brad gets a pay rise and the opportunity to play near London he's off. Clubs that match that criteria however are few and far between with the level we are at and the level he personally is at as a player

Edited by Oldgregg86

1 minute ago, Oldgregg86 said:

If our Brad gets a pay rise and the opportunity to play near London he's off. Clubs that match that criteria however are few and far between with the level we are at and the level he personally is at as a player

The danger team could be Fulham if they don't go up and lose Cairney and Sessegnon.I still don't think we would sell him for 3 or 4 million.

Here till at least January in my opinion and depending how we are doing and if he has shown the same quality in the championship as he has in league one then I'm sure big bids will come in for him then 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mercer said:

If that's what you believe/hope then fine.

Sadly, I think you will be disappointed.  Heads get turned, folk become unsettled - it's there in everyday life.  I recruited a new member of staff this week, wined and dined her, sold her a deal and over she comes in 3 months' time - it's life Chaddy!

I aint interested about your new staff you recruited. You dont work in Football. 

I wont be disappoint as Dack going anyway. 

Who buying him tho? 

You kept selling Rhodes all the time and it never happened until Lambert came in. 

10 minutes ago, islander200 said:

The danger team could be Fulham if they don't go up and lose Cairney and Sessegnon.I still don't think we would sell him for 3 or 4 million.

Here till at least January in my opinion and depending how we are doing and if he has shown the same quality in the championship as he has in league one then I'm sure big bids will come in for him then 

Sessegon wont be going anywhere. 100 million pounds is what Fulham quote Man Utd according to the Sun. 

Fulham wont be buying Dack. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I aint interested about your new staff you recruited. You dont work in Football. 

Who buying him tho? 

You kept selling Rhodes all the time and it never happened until Lambert came in. 

Sessegon wont be going anywhere. 100 million pounds is what Fulham quote Man Utd according to the Sun. 

According to the Sun?Must be true then 

If Fulham where interested and put in an acceptable bid and I'm not talking 3 or 4 million as I don't think we would sell for that then Dack probably be interested.Closer to home and Fulham been in promotion contention last 2 seasons.

Edited by islander200

Seen us linked with David Mcgoldrick on a free from Ipswich. One of the more technically gifted players in the championship but Jesus the guy is probably THEE most injury prone player in the league, if he could stay fit he may be worth a gamble on a free but it's a big if. 

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Who buying him tho? 

Chaddy I think you believe what the papers say way too much mate, just because something is online or in some form of media it doesn't mean it's true. I tried to put that as unpatronising as possible but not sure I managed it :lol: If someone offered 30 million plus for Sessegnon he would be gone, especially if Fulham don't get promoted. You really think they'd be asking for 100 million?! Come on Chaddy man don't be silly!

• Like 1

• Backroom

I don’t think money will be our concern with Dack, it’s the bright lights of Essex calling him that is more likely to be troublesome.

Hope not for ours and his sake as you could see that side of his life derailing his career if he isn’t careful.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Butty said:

Chaddy I think you believe what the papers say way too much mate, just because something is online or in some form of media it doesn't mean it's true. I tried to put that as unpatronising as possible but not sure I managed it :lol: If someone offered 30 million plus for Sessegnon he would be gone, especially if Fulham don't get promoted. You really think they'd be asking for 100 million?! Come on Chaddy man don't be silly!

Did i say i believe it. No I just posted what was reported thats is all I did. 

Havent PL clubs already offered over 30 mil for him and he still there. 

Rovers need to get Dack a new contract and no release clauses in it. A new 5 years contract please Rovers and Mowbray

Edited by chaddyrovers

How much did Wigan get offered for Powell was it not around the 8-9m mark there is the bar set for a player who was better than him this season. Marcus maddison and Jack Marriott will both go for above 3m from a team a division below us I just don't think you realise the market change. 

• Like 1

On 12/05/2018 at 09:29, Biz said:

You’d have to be short sighted as “ferk” to think the reason we got relegated was simply down to “they sold all our best players and got relegated”. Do you even acknowledge the simple fact they signed off the signings, the contracts and the managers we had, that put us in so much debt?

Wherever did I say our relegation  was simply down to one factor? Unless that factor is Venkys of course. The over-arching factor that's at the bottom of everything over the last 7/8 years. However, diluting the squad every year and selling our 2 centre-backs to Premier League clubs just before kick-off was surely significant?

As for the sentence in bold, what does it even mean? Am I being asked to agree that because of all sorts of decisions taken since Venkys bought the club, a massive debt has arisen which Venkys are responsible for?

Of course I acknowledge that, how could I do otherwise? I just don't see what point you are trying to make. It'll be opposite to mine, I'm aware of that!