BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, islander200 said:

An impact sub on 40 grand a week?Even if Sheff weds let him go for half his salary that's still 20k a week for someone who wouldn't be a starter 

Rhodes for 20,000 a week with no transfer fee? Cracking deal. 

Who could we sign for less with a goal scoring record like his? 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Rhodes for 20,000 a week with no transfer fee? Cracking deal. 

We have a limited budget so you think paying 20k a week for someone who would be on the bench is a cracking deal?We play one up front.Rhodes can't play that role, Dack is at his best feeding off someone who can hold up the ball like Graham.No point us even debating over this as I'l put my house on it that Rhodes won't be coming back here

Edited by islander200

34 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Sorry, think you've got it wrong.  Please show me where I've said he will definitely be gone.

You may not have said he'll definitely gone but then you insist that there's a very definite possibility he will be.  Well, we all know that it's a possibility given that venkys track record in making decisions that are good for the club isn't good, and we all have our own fears as to what might happen.  But as I say whilst i don't share Chaddy's blind optimism, I do think your need to come on here and state things as fact based on a possibility is out of place atm.  

Nobody knows what budget we have. Not even Mowbray and possibly not even Venkys yet. Pointless discussing merits of financial outlays when cash available could range from none to millions.

If Sheffield Wednesday can pay £10 million for Rhodes and a reported £40,000 a week I'd love someone to explain how we couldn't pay half his wage on loan, if we wanted him.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 2

We have a limited budget so you think paying 20k a week for someone who would be on the bench is a cracking deal?We play one up front.Rhodes can't play that role, Dack is at his best feeding off someone who can hold up the ball like Graham.No point us even debating over this as I'l put my house on it that Rhodes won't be coming back here

I would take him back anyway. The guy scores goals 

Probably won't be coming back alright though 

Just now, JHRover said:

Nobody knows what budget we have. Not even Mowbray and possibly not even Venkys yet. Pointless discussing merits of financial outlays when cash available could range from none to millions.

If Sheffield Wednesday can pay £10 million for Rhodes and a reported £40,000 a week I'd love someone to explain how we couldn't pay half his wage on loan, if we wanted him.

It's more likely we won't have millions though to be fair and id rather us be sensible with the money rather than forking out 20k a week to someone who hasn't done it in a couple of years.

If we play the same system as we did last year then Rhodes would not be starting.Even if we do go two up top id prefer a target man and a pacy foward. 

• Like 1

It's more likely we won't have millions though to be fair and id rather us be sensible with the money rather than forking out 20k a week to someone who hasn't done it in a couple of years.

If we play the same system as we did last year then Rhodes would not be starting.Even if we do go two up top id prefer a target man and a pacy foward. 

Any suggestions? 

Any suggestions? 

I'd be bringing in Armstrong on loan or permanently, if we do play  two  up top then he would be the pacy option.

I like the look of that McBurnie from Swansea but papers speculating that Gerrard is going to make him his first signing for Rangers.

I don't know bigdogg like JH said it will depend on the budget but I'l be honest I don't want Rhodes coming back here,I don't rate him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Chaddy, whether you 'believe' me or not will not give me sleepless nights.

I've said many times before, a huge proportion of stuff about football that you read in the press etc doesn't happen - in fact I'd say only about 5% does.  It's the nature of the industry where events are so fluid and unpredictable and if you had ever had any involvement in a football club then you would realise that.

Interesting you mention Rhodes and Venky's.  Just remind me who first posted on here the deal for Rhodes to join Rovers had been finalised at least two to three hours before any press/media had a sniff of it and who also first posted on here about a potential part change in Rovers' ownership (Seneca - although I didn't name them for obvious reasons) before press/media had a sniff of it.

Unfortunately, in the course of work/life, you have many face to face meetings and it is surprising just how many of those people you would not 'trust and believe' in!

I have no sleepless nights at all. I sleep great. 

Mercerman, your posts about those 2 subjects you posted again was guesswork at best. 

I don't trust you one bit cos nothing ever come true. If Dack was you leave you would come on here giving it the big one and how you were right. 

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Hmmm. Hanley was part of a Newcastle squad that won the league the season after leaving us and has since become a regular at Norwich (mid-table side). Marshall last seen at play-off chasing Millwall where he earned rave reviews. Cairney has become captain and most important player at Fulham who have been in promotion contention for 2 years. 

Rovers have suffered a lot more than those players we sold who have at least remained mid-table Championship players if not improved.

how many games did Hanley play in that promotion season? 

Marshall and Cairney careers haven't improve much, Fulham are in the playoffs twice but is that an achievement really? Millwall finish roughly where Rovers did under Bowyer did in his 2 full season. 

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Largely irrelevant.  If Dack wants offski he will go and for nowhere near what you would like.  It is not wise for any football club to keep a dissatisfied asset - it becomes a case of getting the best deal you can and that best deal is only what some other club is prepared to pay. 

wrong again. there is zero evidence of Dack wanting off and you know it. so why keep posting this rubbish? what your agenda?

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Again not strictly true. Numerous clubs in the Championship have had players attracting Premier League interest, for whatever reason it doesn't materialise, and the player then knuckles down and gets on with it.

One example off the top of my head - Hugill at PNE - went as far as submitting a transfer request last summer but PNE stood firm as they weren't prepared to let him go and so he stayed until January and played for them - then West Ham came in and he was sold for good money in a deal that suited everyone (rather than selling him to a rival for less).

Sessagson and Cairney being linked with PL clubs but both stay loyal to Fulham and fair play to them. 

on Hugill, he went to West Ham and has barely played. for me, another wrong decision. not even on the bench today so who signed for West Ham? he will be back in Championship next season

1 hour ago, savage90 said:

Josh King and Tom Cairney? :blink:

I would give you King who has been very good, but Cairney hasn't done anything of note. maybe a playoffs but is that an achievement tho?

47 minutes ago, gumboots said:

Whilst I don't share Chaddy's optimism that Dack will definitely not be sold, I do find it somewhat distasteful that, whilst most of us are still basking in a promotion achieved without recourse to the playoffs, Mercer returns to tell us he will be.  Surely we can let the dust settle on this season and allow Mowbray and his players a week or 2 respite before the players who are leaving thread starts.  Talk about deliberately trying to rain on our parade!

it almost like he has return to wind us all up with these Dack will be unsettle, and interest in a move away, or his head will be turned. 

42 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Sorry, think you've got it wrong.  Please show me where I've said he will definitely be gone.

You just enjoy winding us all up with you saying our best player of the season will be off. did it to Rhodes and now Dack. Also you did it with Raya, plus a numbers times aswell we saying Venkys will leave or Bowyer or Coyle will be sack or close to. 

17 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Dack isn't going anywhere unless a crazy bid comes in

On Rhodes, I would take him as another option upfront. Whatever has happened since leaving here, the guy scores goals in a rovers shirt 

I wouldn't take Rhodes at all. I think its time we move on from him. He didn't strike me as a Mowbray type of player. we need a target man striker and pacey striker/wide man which Rhodes isn't. He was a great servant to the club but wanted out and got what he wish for

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

how many games did Hanley play in that promotion season? 

Marshall and Cairney careers haven't improve much, Fulham are in the playoffs twice but is that an achievement really? Millwall finish roughly where Rovers did under Bowyer did in his 2 full season. 

Its more of an achievement than getting relegated to League One. Cairney has been attracting Premier League interest with reported offers of £20 million. 

I think people are becoming distracted by our success in League One. After we sold those players we plummeted, and they would all improve our squad should they return.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I'd be bringing in Armstrong on loan or permanently, if we do play  two  up top then he would be the pacy option.

I like the look of that McBurnie from Swansea but papers speculating that Gerrard is going to make him his first signing for Rangers.

I don't know bigdogg like JH said it will depend on the budget but I'l be honest I don't want Rhodes coming back here,I don't rate him.

Ya I'd like Armstrong back definitely. 

I'd say whatever our budget we could compete with Rangers 

• Like 1

Ya I'd like Armstrong back definitely. 

I'd say whatever our budget we could compete with Rangers 

McBurnie a rangers fan I read so that alongside playing in front of a big crowd would be a major pull I'd say 

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Matt Smith from QPR

Vellios from Notts Forest

Omar Bogle

Chris Martin from Derby on loan at Reading. 

Martin is A good very good shout. 

I think a loan move for a young PL striker would be a good option too. Tammy Abraham? 

Ben Woodburn 

Jerome Sinclair? 

Just now, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Martin is A good very good shout. 

I think a loan move for a young PL striker would be a good option too. Tammy Abraham? 

Ben Woodburn 

Jerome Sinclair? 

We dont need Abraham, Woodburn and Sinclair as we think Armstrong will be coming back. 

So we would have Graham, Armstrong, Samuel, Nuttall plus a New target man. Dont need another striker. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

We dont need Abraham, Woodburn and Sinclair as we think Armstrong will be coming back. 

So we would have Graham, Armstrong, Samuel, Nuttall plus a New target man. Dont need another striker. 

Samuel and Nuttall aren't Championship material and Arma plays on the flanks for Mowbray. I think Abraham would be a great option to have along with Graham. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Samuel and Nuttall aren't Championship material and Arma plays on the flanks for Mowbray. I think Abraham would be a great option to have along with Graham. 

Armstrong has played up front at times under Mowbray and we don't know how either Samuel or Nuttall will performed. 

Abraham not for me. we need a target man, I have suggest 4 target man we could look at 

Edited by chaddyrovers

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Armstrong has played up front at times under Mowbray and we don't know how either Samuel or Nuttall will performed. 

Abraham not for me. we need a target man, I have suggest 4 target man we could look at 

Abraham is a very tidy player, he wouldn't come anywhere near the championship he's miles better than that anyway. 

• Like 3

Rhodes isn't an impact player if he was he'd have been impacting at his last two clubs he's been sub enough times. Great lad, great finisher a few years ago but that's gone awol sadly. Couldn't really see him fitting in TMs style although him as a starter and Graham as the sub might work IF and it's a big if Rhodes still has it.

Personally i'd avoid the wages can be used better but you never know.

Just now, Boroblue said:

Tammy Abraham now he would be ideal and exactly what’s needed

Funny I was just thinking about him the other day. Was in and out of a relegated Swansea side this season but was superb for Bristol City in the Championship the season before. You would expect him to be loaned out again from Chelsea next season. I think another striker has got to be the priority in this transfer window, would love a big marquee signing in that position.

Regardless of how many options we have upfront at the moment, Abraham is better than all of them so if an opportunity to sign someone like him came along we'd have to take it.

For the record though I'd imagine he'd go to either a lower PL team or a Middlesbrough/Derby etc, rather than a newly promoted Championship team.