BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Armstrong has played up front at times under Mowbray and we don't know how either Samuel or Nuttall will performed. 

Abraham not for me. we need a target man, I have suggest 4 target man we could look at 

Abraham is over 6'4..a target man if ever there was one

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Rhodes for 20,000 a week with no transfer fee? Cracking deal. 

Who could we sign for less with a goal scoring record like his? 

I'd love the Jordan Rhodes of a few years ago to return but fear he is no longer the same player.

As for 20 K per week - way out of our league these days. Would simply be piled onto the ever increasing debt.

9 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

I'd love the Jordan Rhodes of a few years ago to return but fear he is no longer the same player.

As for 20 K per week - way out of our league these days. Would simply be piled onto the ever increasing debt.

When it comes to the debt 20,000 a week is peanuts.

Is that not the going rate for average championship players these days? 

Rhodes- no thanks. Team has to make too many sacrifices to suit him, had we went Gestede and king the year we had them all on fire we would’ve been promoted. As it was bowyer sacrificed all to accommodate Rhodes and it hurt us. Great finisher but needs it put on a plate and can’t hold it up. Very easy to defend. 

Just watching playoffs and well done shrews, wholly behind them getting up. Just running eye over beaten semi finalists Charlton though and was wondering if any of them deserved a promotion, reckon jake foster caskey could be a useful squad player 

• Like 3

Was looking at Jon Nolan , he's had a cracking season but he's 26  I mean where's he been for the last 5 years ?  It's quite possible that after this year he just disappears again for the rest of his career , that's the danger with players at this level , yes there is talent but there's also a reason why they are playing 3rd tier , the lad Godfrey's played well

If we got Tammy Abraham it would be a real coup - a statement of intent and I reckon he would put 1,000+ on season ticket sales

Armstrong, Samuel, Nuttall before Abraham ?!?! - think someone has seriously been affected by sun and beer today.

Sadly, I don't think Abraham would touch us.

Just now, Boroblue said:

He touched Bristol and a relegated Swansea. 

Needed 1st team games, Bristol was ideal move and he joined Swansea in the PL.

Think he'll be on loan to another PL club next season.

Just now, Mercer said:

Needed 1st team games, Bristol was ideal move and he joined Swansea in the PL.

Think he'll be on loan to another PL club next season.

I think it would be more beneficial to him and Chelsea for another season in the Championship. He has gained nothing from a season at Swansea, apart from learning how relegation feels. 

6 minutes ago, neophox said:

Jonny Evans has a relegation release Clause at £3m. Why not get him to play with his brother Corry?

15 minutes ago, neophox said:

Lewis Grabban for me.

No chance on either... Next :lol: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Maybe peanuts to you but we want to reduce debt not increase it.

No way we are going to be paying anyone 20K a week. 

Just now, Crimpshrine said:

Maybe peanuts to you but we want to reduce debt not increase it.

No way we are going to be paying anyone 20K a week. 

Again, nobody knows that. We might not think it is likely to happen, we might not like the idea of paying 2nd division players that, but that might be what Venkys make available or what is deemed to be necessary. If we want to get back to the Premier League the likelihood is at some stage we are going to have to pay wages in that ball park. 

One thing Venkys have generally been good it is paying wages. It's transfer fees they seem to dislike. I don't know but I wouldn't be surprised if Evans, Graham and Mulgrew are getting towards £15k a week a piece in the Championship, so is £20k a week so ludicrous to expect?

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
3 hours ago, frosty said:

Regardless of how many options we have upfront at the moment, Abraham is better than all of them so if an opportunity to sign someone like him came along we'd have to take it.

For the record though I'd imagine he'd go to either a lower PL team or a Middlesbrough/Derby etc, rather than a newly promoted Championship team. 

I think you’re bang on mate. If he’s just had season in the PL, I imagine he’d see us as being beneath him....

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Can tell it’s not your money with such talk mate!!

Just now, K-Hod said:

Can tell it’s not your money with such talk mate!!

Ya, it's none of our money,so I don't understand why people are so precious with it :) . 20,000 a week is nothing when it comes to player wages. Wasn't Graham on 27,000 in the championship? 

If anyone thinks we’ll be in for Tammy Abraham they need to get a reality check.

I think he’s overhyped but he’ll go for 15m+easily, and not on loan to a newly promoted championship team.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, neophox said:

Jonny Evans has a relegation release Clause at £3m. Why not get him to play with his brother Corry?

I think he would end up back in the prem. City were looking at him at Xmas and figures of 30 million bingo thrown about. Robert huth is a free agent. I'd love him to come but again I don't know how it would work wage wise

• Like 1

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

I think he would end up back in the prem. City were looking at him at Xmas and figures of 30 million bingo thrown about. Robert huth is a free agent. I'd love him to come but again I don't know how it would work wage wise

He’s a top half Prem centre half. I swear people are losing it.

No wonder people kick off when we sign a Richie Smallwood.

• Like 3