BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

2 hours ago, USABlue said:

Do you think our squad now is better than the one that got relegated?

yes ... But only If you include the Loan players and the ones who's contracts are running out 

1 hour ago, Lie_still_Rover said:

We had Duffy and Hanley, two big scary lads and were pretty dreadful. I'd watch more mobile sides and wish we were like them. I get your point though, I like that Sonny Bradley, he'd be a good shout for us.

It's not just at the back though that big strong players are good. I listened to players talking about how scary the Arsenal team were. They could all play but they were massive. Remember watching Viera warm up at Highbury when we went for the FA cup match. Obviously I'm not suggesting all your team have to be tall and strong. There is room in most teams for small players too but a mix is good

21 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

He got inured December 30th and didn't get back into a squad auntil March 31st. At that point he was struggling for match fitness and wasn't going to get it as we were playing well with Smallwood and Evans/Bennett 

18 minutes ago, gumboots said:

It's not just at the back though that big strong players are good. I listened to players talking about how scary the Arsenal team were. They could all play but they were massive. Remember watching Viera warm up at Highbury when we went for the FA cup match. Obviously I'm not suggesting all your team have to be tall and strong. There is room in most teams for small players too but a mix is good

It's being good that matters most. It's the small guys you need to watch in my experience. Speedie, Dickov, Batty,  you know what I mean. There are of lots of big, soft guys. I do take your point about us lacking height though.

20 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He got inured December 30th and didn't get back into a squad auntil March 31st. At that point he was struggling for match fitness and wasn't going to get it as we were playing well with Smallwood and Evans/Bennett 

So he'd from day 1 to New Years Eve to take the shirt of the likes of Evans and he couldn't. The bottom line is we dropped a bollock signing him. It was a season too far for his body. It comes to all players  and it can come really suddenly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

So he'd from day 1 to New Years Eve to take the shirt of the likes of Evans and he couldn't. The bottom line is we dropped a bollock signing him. It was a season too far for his body. It comes to all players  and it can come really suddenly.

He played 14 times up to New years day, then he got injured. He couldnt get back in the team after that. So not really sure what you mean by saying he had up to New years day to take the shirt off Evans? 

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He played 14 times up to New years day, then he got injured. He couldnt get back in the team after that. So not really sure what you mean by saying he had up to New years day to take the shirt off Evans? 

Don’t know why you insist on defending him even when the stats prove you were wrong? I believe you are the only one on here and the only Rovers fan I have spoke to who thinks anything other than Whittingham has been a poor player for us and has been a poor signing. Your constant defence of him every time he’s brought up in conversation seems strange to me.

• Like 2

I thought Peter Whittingham was a great signing.

We'd just been relegated and 12 players left the club. PW signing was a statement of intent that encouraged more to come and some to stay.

TM had to assemble a squad quickly and because he could, it didn't matter that PW's contribution was below expectation.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RV Blue said:

Don’t know why you insist on defending him even when the stats prove you were wrong? I believe you are the only one on here and the only Rovers fan I have spoke to who thinks anything other than Whittingham has been a poor player for us and has been a poor signing. Your constant defence of him every time he’s brought up in conversation seems strange to me.

What stats prove I'm wrong? 

I never said he hasn't been poor to date. I am pretty sure he would admit himself he has been. I have said I think he will come good next season 

An interesting quote from Mowbray in the link provide below

“I would like to sign some players around that age of 22, 23, 24 years old that have good athleticism and good technique and see Blackburn Rovers as a huge step-up in their career and being a vehicle that can potentially take them towards the Premier League.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Earlydoors said:

I thought Peter Whittingham was a great signing.

We'd just been relegated and 12 players left the club. PW signing was a statement of intent that encouraged more to come and some to stay.

TM had to assemble a squad quickly and because he could, it didn't matter that PW's contribution was below expectation.

I said at the time I suspected it would be a season too far for him and I stand by that now. You can only judge players by what they contribute to the team. If we would have had 11 Whittinghams out there we might have got relegated again.

As poor a signing as Dack was a good one.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

An interesting quote from Mowbray in the link provide below

“I would like to sign some players around that age of 22, 23, 24 years old that have good athleticism and good technique and see Blackburn Rovers as a huge step-up in their career and being a vehicle that can potentially take them towards the Premier League.

Now we like the sound of that, put an end to the days of mercenaries who see Blackburn Rovers as a big club because it has a big name and pays big wages.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Wonder if we will be seeing some of League ones better players then, some players there that could easily step up 

• Like 2

“That doesn’t mean experienced players on big salaries, it means players that we believe can fit in to this group and bring the assets and qualities from their games to our team whether that be speed out wide, guaranteed goals up front which is difficult to do, tenacity in midfield, passing in midfield, competition in the full-back areas or another central defender, I think we need to do that.

Pretty much sums up the areas that most of us has said needs strenghtening.

• Like 1

Just now, JacknOry said:

“That doesn’t mean experienced players on big salaries, it means players that we believe can fit in to this group and bring the assets and qualities from their games to our team whether that be speed out wide, guaranteed goals up front which is difficult to do, tenacity in midfield, passing in midfield, competition in the full-back areas or another central defender, I think we need to do that.

Pretty much sums up the areas that most of us has said needs strenghtening.

He's been browsing on here again.

Morning Tony lad ?

• Like 1