BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

completely agree there Biz. I don't see the need for a right back. when we might not have a massive budget so other areas are more important like 2 wide player and another striker. 

I also want to get Travis a path way into the 1st team squad

in some games n=yes. I want a Plan A and B

I would use Nyambe as I think he is more than good enough as mid table championship side right back

Ward is out of contract and Rovers have announce that we are releasing him. did you not see this? 

what is your obsession with Nyambe and its being beyond the joke and its become very personal. what is your issue and I think you don't lkike his agent so you are against the player. 

Keep Samuel for me. a player there

Chaddy mid table championship as a Rover is a totally unacceptable position.

Maggot and Venkys Out!

We are the Rovers !

2 minutes ago, JAL said:

Chaddy mid table championship as a Rover is a totally unacceptable position.

Maggot and Venkys Out!

We are the Rovers !

finishing mid table next season is what we should be aiming for. that's my view. I don't believe we can get promotion next season with the likely budget Mowbray will get. 

who is Maggot?

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

finishing mid table next season is what we should be aiming for. that's my view. I don't believe we can get promotion next season with the likely budget Mowbray will get. 

who is Maggot?

Oops Predictive text. 

Venkys never have had any money.

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

who is Maggot?

I don't agree. I think we should be aiming for promotion and always should be. That isn't to say that mid-table wouldn't be a decent effort and most would be happy with that, but the aim should always be promotion.

Don't think for one minute that Chris Wilder or Neil Harris spent the season telling their lads that mid-table was the aim and to be happy with that. They were desperate for a top 6 finish. They still had good seasons but listening to their managers they were going for promotion and were disappointed not to get it.

• Like 2

Too much attention being paid towards budgets. Barely an interview has gone by with the manager or players since the end of the season without comments being made about how much money other clubs are going to have. Wasn't a problem for Warnock at Cardiff, Wilder at Sheffield, Harris at Millwall, Neil at PNE or Smith at Brentford. Didn't get Wednesday, Norwich, Hull or Sunderland very far.

If you aren't going to aim for promotion then there's no point in being in the Championship. It is there to be taken by 3 clubs each season. If you don't believe from here on that you can be one of those 3 then you're in the wrong game. Yes it will be tough, yes we will need to strengthen, and yes the priority is to ensure survival, but if you don't aim high you don't succeed. 

Can't imagine Neil Warnock sitting down with his Cardiff squad last summer and saying he'd be happy to finish in the top half to start off with. He knew what he wanted and how to get it and didn't spend all season talking about money.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

We agree on that

We dont need a right back. We have enough cover there unless Caddis move on. 

Already said we need 2 new wingers and 1 new centre midfielder but I expect will play wide when playing away from home against teams like Boro, Derby, Wba, Stoke and Swansea. 

Yes we do need to giving Mowbray a new deal. Keep him long term and let him build on the success he had again. 

Mowbray has already he will be offering Dack a new contract

I agree 100%. 

The turnover of managers is ridiculous these days but thats modern football. 

Aaaaaaaaargh chaddy stop being soo patronising  and contradicting

if we go hy your thoughts then why are u recommending we need wingers when we have got.....travis bennett samuel and maybe conway and even nyambe and bell who vould play on the wings

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

Sacko and Hobbs would be excellent signings for the championship shame the websites linking us to them are utter hooey

Agents spinning shyte to fleece the fans of those clubs into believing.

Just now, SoldierMo said:

Aaaaaaaaargh chaddy stop being soo patronising  and contradicting

if we go hy your thoughts then why are u recommending we need wingers when we have got.....travis bennett samuel and maybe conway and even nyambe and bell who vould play on the wings

Yup, we have Bennett, Conway, Samuel, Bell, Travis can all play there...we dont need wingers. Rankin Costello can step up too.

18 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I don't agree. I think we should be aiming for promotion and always should be. That isn't to say that mid-table wouldn't be a decent effort and most would be happy with that, but the aim should always be promotion.

Don't think for one minute that Chris Wilder or Neil Harris spent the season telling their lads that mid-table was the aim and to be happy with that. They were desperate for a top 6 finish. They still had good seasons but listening to their managers they were going for promotion and were disappointed not to get it.

Maybe I should have put I would be very happy with us finishing in mid table this coming seasons. for me, it all depends on who we sign and the quality of those players. if we challenge for top 6 or even get playoffs I would be overjoy. I think the championship is very hard league to get back to back promotion nowadays but Millwall and Sheff Wed challenge for top 6 and both were close. show us the way to go. 

16 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

Sacko and Hobbs would be excellent signings for the championship shame the websites linking us to them are utter hooey

I think Sacko pace and tricky is what we need. deffo someone who could improve under Mowbray and coaching staff. 

I don't know how much Hobbs has played this past season so cant comment if he would be a good signing

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Too much attention being paid towards budgets. Barely an interview has gone by with the manager or players since the end of the season without comments being made about how much money other clubs are going to have. Wasn't a problem for Warnock at Cardiff, Wilder at Sheffield, Harris at Millwall, Neil at PNE or Smith at Brentford. Didn't get Wednesday, Norwich, Hull or Sunderland very far.

If you aren't going to aim for promotion then there's no point in being in the Championship. It is there to be taken by 3 clubs each season. If you don't believe from here on that you can be one of those 3 then you're in the wrong game. Yes it will be tough, yes we will need to strengthen, and yes the priority is to ensure survival, but if you don't aim high you don't succeed. 

Can't imagine Neil Warnock sitting down with his Cardiff squad last summer and saying he'd be happy to finish in the top half to start off with. He knew what he wanted and how to get it and didn't spend all season talking about money.

But the managers all recruited new players within their budget and spend money in January. But all of those clubs work with a wage budget and not spending daft amount of money on wages. 

I'm going to suggest a few Aussies worth looking at that based on seeing them play many times. These players fit the young and hungry mould Mowbray has mentioned and posses the talent to become solid championship players and could further develop into decent premier league players in the future.

Jamie Maclaren:

I've mentioned him previously but if you are looking for a zippy striker that has a decent conversion rate than he would represent excellent value. 

https://www.transfermarkt.com/jamie-maclaren/profil/spieler/173591

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamie_Maclaren

Brandon Borrello;

Can play on either wing and after acclimatizing to European conditions, started becoming a feature of the starting Kaiserslautern team in Germany. Admittedly the team got relegated to the German 3rd tier this season but he is a really decent young player in the making. He would adapt well to the english game as he has pace and is a real tenacious player. Can play on either wing and scores goals as well.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/brandon-borrello/profil/spieler/293592

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandon_Borrello

Daniel Arzani

Has recently been named A-League young footballer of the year and has been called up to the preliminary Socceroos world cup squad at 19 years of age. This guy is still a bit raw but it is clear for everybody who has seen him play he has huge potential. Creates goals and also contributes he would be one to pounce on now while his value is attainable and would almost definitely spike in value under the right conditions. This one is a bit of a risk but in my view a risk worth taking. Can play on either wing or as a central attacking midfielder. 

https://www.transfermarkt.com/daniel-arzani/profil/spieler/399997

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Arzani

I don't expect everyone to get excited about the above players as they are still relatively unknowns but i have mentioned/suggested Aaron Mooy and Tom Rogic in the past prior to them establishing themselves in europe and i think the above players have the potential to achieve a similar status as decent players in the upper tiers of English Football.

• Like 3

Funny I mentioned McGeouch a few weeks ago, and then all of a sudden a newspaper article comes out. I mention Sackho a few days a go, and now we got an article. Think I got a bogey on my tail.

Who do you boys want linked to next?

Edited by Fraserkirky

• Backroom
10 hours ago, Dryhorse said:

Don't think so Mike could name about 40 players that made good careers in the championship and actually won it or the play offs a few already this year going up again

it's good you believe what you want about Scottish football but the truth is loads of guys have went down in the last 10 years and has great careers and not always out the SPL

40 is a good number but there are a minimum of 150 players who get on the pitch every year in Scotland.

So as I say MOST (110/150) don't have what it takes for a CAREER (not just a season or two) in the Championship or Premier League.

It's not a criticism of Scotland, just Scottish football. Look how hard it is currently even for English players to be good enough for the PL. English football isn't doing great either.

Edited by Mike E

Can’t believe people are actively suggesting that Bennett is adequate cover at right back!

Why would we choose to dilute our midfield capabilities when we should be able to bring in a proper defender during the window?!

Mowbray has proven to us that Caddis isn’t up to it (even in L1) and he doesn’t fancy Travis playing there.

We really have a problem of our own making - I’d prefer this was dealt with properly through recruitment.

• Backroom
11 minutes ago, Dryhorse said:

Most dont last a season and come back most stay and play and become the best players especially the keepers it eas over 40 outfield players could stick another 12 keepers on that list to

Scottish goalkeepers are renowned for being shite tbf.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Stuart said:

Can’t believe people are actively suggesting that Bennett is adequate cover at right back!

Why would we choose to dilute our midfield capabilities when we should be able to bring in a proper defender during the window?!

Mowbray has proven to us that Caddis isn’t up to it (even in L1) and he doesn’t fancy Travis playing there.

We really have a problem of our own making - I’d prefer this was dealt with properly through recruitment.

Nyambe is first choice in a back four and if he goes with wing backs then it will be Bennett. Either can deputise for the other in a change in formation. If both were injured or suspended then Travis is more than capable. The budget we have doesn't need to be touched to find a right back. 

• Like 1