BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

2 hours ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Lowe and Bolton makes a lot of sense.

I hope he can stay injury free and prove a lot of people (slightly) wrong and go on to be a "decent" Championship CM.

What I would rather happen is TM not to publicise how big out budget is. That way we can play the poor card and be believed. If other clubs know you have £5m +, they add 15% tax onto their players. 

Should see business done fairly quickly with the window closing after the first game of the season.

We had better players than Lowe in our squad this season. At least the top 24 or so, anyway. They all had to go to L1 to get a game. No way should Lowe be anywhere near a Championship side.

If he can drop his wages demands, Blackpool makes the most sense.

Or Blackburn Harriers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I think Nyambe is good enough to start. Has come on a lot 

I'd like to think so but he was targeted week in week out in Div 1. God help him in the Championship.

Edited by Al
  • Like 1

• Backroom
32 minutes ago, Stuart said:

We had better players than Lowe in our squad this season. At least the top 24 or so, anyway. They all had to go to L1 to get a game. No way should Lowe be anywhere near a Championship side.

If he can drop his wages demands, Blackpool makes the most sense.

Or Blackburn Harriers.

If Bowyer genuinely thought Lowe was good enough to play in every possible game for us, sometimes shunting around or dropping other players to fit him in, I don't know why he wouldn't be interested. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

On late lunch here watching sky sports in a cafe, jesus Lowe is being released by Birmingham alright 

I doubt the lads that stuck around to right the wrongs of the Coyle season will accept him back in the group. They made a massive deal of wanting to make up for what happened that season so how can someone who took the easy way out come straight back in like nothing has happened? Not to mention the fact that a lot of the lads thought it was a joke that he was the captain in the first place. The only Championship clubs he will get would realistically get a contract with are Bolton and the League 1 playoff winners, and he’d be very lucky to get that, a guy of his talent shouldn’t even be playing in the football league.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

I doubt the lads that stuck around to right the wrongs of the Coyle season will accept him back in the group. They made a massive deal of wanting to make up for what happened that season so how can someone who took the easy way out come straight back in like nothing has happened? Not to mention the fact that a lot of the lads thought it was a joke that he was the captain in the first place. The only Championship clubs he will get would realistically get a contract with are Bolton and the League 1 playoff winners, and he’d be very lucky to get that, a guy of his talent shouldn’t even be playing in the football league.

A little harsh, he should be playing in the football league but an average L1 midfielder at best imo. The wages he has received over the years are astonishing for the return that we got from him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

A little harsh, he should be playing in the football league but an average L1 midfielder at best imo. The wages he has received over the years are astonishing for the return that we got from him. 

I think you're way too kind calling him an average league one midfielder. He offers nothing to any team. 

• Like 1

Chris Baird Jason Shackell Darren Bent released by Derby ..  they fall into the "no thanks for us  but then when Millwall or Bolton sign them we think  oooh they've done well" category 

• Like 1

Just now, AJW said:

Chris Baird Jason Shackell Darren Bent released by Derby ..  they fall into the "no thanks for us  but then when Millwall or Bolton sign them we think  oooh they've done well" category 

no thanks. 

Mowbray has already the age region he wants to make signings in

Darren Bent, the 34 year old that netted 2 in 15 while on loan at Burton? Past it by a long way and would just be another retirement wage paid out.

In fact Shackell is 36 and Baird is 34 too. Experienced players but these are not the types we should be going for.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 1

Never said they were , just the type that when other clubs we will be competing with  sign them we sort of nod approvingly 

“Mowbray added: “There are some Under-23s who I feel can push really hard to become a first-team player this year, but I feel that to compete in the top half of the Championship and to give us a realistic chance then I think we need to bring in some players that can help us compete at that level.”

Talk about a mixed message.

20 minutes ago, Stuart said:

“Mowbray added: “There are some Under-23s who I feel can push really hard to become a first-team player this year, but I feel that to compete in the top half of the Championship and to give us a realistic chance then I think we need to bring in some players that can help us compete at that level.”

Talk about a mixed message.

I would’ve thought most people would be happy to hear he said “top half” and not consolidate. 

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

Erm, ok?

Yea, plus the message seems quite clear to me at least; plenty of options and potential in the u23 but will need a few quality additions to challenge top half. Hardly a “mixed message”.

• Like 2

Just now, Biz said:

Yea, plus the message seems quite clear to me at least; plenty of options and potential in the u23 but will need a few quality additions to challenge top half. Hardly a “mixed message”.

If you say so.

Just now, Stuart said:

If you say so.

I guess that’s the beauty of a forum. I read that article, quite interested as it’s the first interview after the meeting with the Rao’s, and an “optimistic” TM mentions adding quality and the top half as a target.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Biz said:

I would’ve thought most people would be happy to hear he said “top half” and not consolidate. 

But then he has tempered that comment by (once again) saying we need new signings to help us compete at that level. I read that as if we have to use whichever plan was freebies and loans we will struggle. If he comes back today with what he wants then we can expect top half.

Those quotes won’t be post India. The LT will be doing what they do every summer, conduct a fairly wide ranging interview with the manager after the last game and then sprinkle bits of it in each day’s paper for as long as possible.

Edited by Mattyblue