BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Those quotes won’t be post India. The LT will be doing what they do every summer, conduct a fairly wide ranging interview with the manager after the last game and then sprinkle bits of it in each day’s paper for as long as possible.

That seems likely.

17 minutes ago, Biz said:

I guess that’s the beauty of a forum. I read that article, quite interested as it’s the first interview after the meeting with the Rao’s, and an “optimistic” TM mentions adding quality and the top half as a target.

I’m pleased for you.

“The Rovers boss met with the Rao family to finalise plans ahead of the 2018/19 season and is optimistic about their chances in the second tier.”

I agree the paper has no credibility these days but it did read as “post” to me.

16 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I’m pleased for you.

FA6AB91A-AA9F-4CDD-8E23-4AC2A66B8677.jpeg

Just now, Biz said:

“The Rovers boss met with the Rao family to finalise plans ahead of the 2018/19 season and is optimistic about their chances in the second tier.”

I agree the paper has no credibility these days but it did read as “post” to me.

We know those two things already.

The LT will have just updated ‘planning to meet’ with ‘has met’ in the articles.

Indeed, the Telegraph would have been delighted to nab a post India interview so quickly and would have been all:

’EXCLUSIVE- Mowbray speaks post India’ etc.

Edited by Mattyblue

He'll have gone all the way there, they will have congratulated him on doing well and will have answered nothing he asked and come back being non the wiser about how much money he has to spend. 

6 minutes ago, Neal said:

He'll have gone all the way there, they will have congratulated him on doing well and will have answered nothing he asked and come back being non the wiser about how much money he has to spend. 

Wasnt the case last summer tho was it? 

Expected an interview with LT and Sky Sports by Tuesday  

I think it would make sense to look to loan out the like of Travis, Nuttall, Tomlinson and Wharton out to League 1 and League 2 clubs, or at least some of them.

Even before signing new players, none of them would be close to being a regular first team player, get them a season of regular game time elsewhere.

I would also like to think that although Mowbray mentioned a certain age bracket of signing, 22-24 was it, hed be foolish to not consider players outside of that.

Edited by roversfan99

7 minutes ago, had.e.nuff said:

got to get business done quick this year as window only opened for 5 weeks ,cant under stand when premier league window is opened now and lower leagues only opens on 1 July to 9 august.

The efl transfer window is open 

5 hours ago, Biz said:

I guess that’s the beauty of a forum. I read that article, quite interested as it’s the first interview after the meeting with the Rao’s, and an “optimistic” TM mentions adding quality and the top half as a target.

You know that's bollocks !

6 hours ago, Stuart said:

“Mowbray added: “There are some Under-23s who I feel can push really hard to become a first-team player this year, but I feel that to compete in the top half of the Championship and to give us a realistic chance then I think we need to bring in some players that can help us compete at that level.”

Talk about a mixed message.

Not really. He means they will get chances, but won't be the main ones relied on to get us into the top half. Sounds sensible. The young ones are unproven. 

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I think it would make sense to look to loan out the like of Travis, Nuttall, Tomlinson and Wharton out to League 1 and League 2 clubs, or at least some of them.

Even before signing new players, none of them would be close to being a regular first team player, get them a season of regular game time elsewhere.

I would also like to think that although Mowbray mentioned a certain age bracket of signing, 22-24 was it, hed be foolish to not consider players outside of that.

I wouldn't be loaning Travis and possibly Wharton if we aren't going to another centre half. I see Travis has third/fourth choice centre midfield and someone who will be involve in lots of games. 

I think you are right about signings not being solely from that age bracket tho I expect most will be. will give pace and movement in terms of wingers we need. 

6 hours ago, Biz said:

6 hours ago, Biz said:

I would’ve thought most people would be happy to hear he said “top half” and not consolidate. 

6 hours ago, Biz said:

Yea, plus the message seems quite clear to me at least; plenty of options and potential in the u23 but will need a few quality additions to challenge top half. Hardly a “mixed message”.

agree with all 3 posts Biz. would be very happy to finish top half next season

1 hour ago, Dryhorse said:

Scottish cup final today

Alan Campbell and Chris Cadden are worth a watch impressive players for Motherwell 

who? 

I will watch the first half and see if they are any good then?

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wouldn't be loaning Travis and possibly Wharton if we aren't going to another centre half. I see Travis has third/fourth choice centre midfield and someone who will be involve in lots of games. 

I think you are right about signings not being solely from that age bracket tho I expect most will be. will give pace and movement in terms of wingers we need. 

agree with all 3 posts Biz. would be very happy to finish top half next season

who? 

I will watch the first half and see if they are any good then?

All 4 are in need of some regular football further down the pyramid, none are ready to suddenly become regulars, nor do they need a season too many stagnating in the under 23s.

Get them loaned out, as its not as if our current team or the signings he seems to be aiming to sign are over the hill, and then hopefully they can come back and be much closer to the first team.

Travis wont benefit being a 3rd/4th choice in a position hes barely played all season in the under 23s (as per @Stuart who regularly watches him I believe) when in a lower League 1 or League 2 side he can really get some proper game time, like Lenihan did at Burton.

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

All 4 are in need of some regular football further down the pyramid, none are ready to suddenly become regulars, nor do they need a season too many stagnating in the under 23s.

Get them loaned out, as its not as if our current team or the signings he seems to be aiming to sign are over the hill, and then hopefully they can come back and be much closer to the first team.

Travis wont benefit being a 3rd/4th choice in a position hes barely played all season in the under 23s (as per @Stuart who regularly watches him I believe) when in a lower League 1 or League 2 side he can really get some proper game time, like Lenihan did at Burton.

where has Mowbray played Travis in the first team this past season? oh yeah centre midfield every game. wonder why? That's where Mowbray see him playing long term. I wouldn't be loaning him out at all. get him in that 1st team squad

in the last game for under 23's Travis played in centre midfield with Tomlinson and Hardcastle. Do you not go? I believe @Parsonblue has watched more under 23's games than anyone last season. 

I would probably loan out Nuttall and Tomlinson if they are going to play regular. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

where has Mowbray played Travis in the first team this past season? oh yeah centre midfield every game. wonder why? That's where Mowbray see him playing long term. I wouldn't be loaning him out at all. get him in that 1st team squad

in the last game for under 23's Travis played in centre midfield with Tomlinson and Hardcastle. Do you not go? I believe @Parsonblue has watched more under 23's games than anyone last season. 

I would probably loan out Nuttall and Tomlinson if they are going to play regular. 

It’s pointless me or anyone else keep telling you that Travis is a right back because you will continue to believe what you want to believe.

Just do yourself, and everyone else, a favour and stop acting so arrogantly when you are talking crap, it makes you look even more foolish.

And let me save you the bother: “yet again more insults from you Stuart stop talking down to me yet again”

Just remember (“yet again”) that you bring it on yourself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

The efl transfer window is open 

Somebody better tell whoever runs rovers website

JULY

1st – Transfer window opens
15th - World Cup final

AUGUST

4th – 2018-19 season begins
9th – Deadline Day

Just now, had.e.nuff said:

Somebody better tell whoever runs rovers website

JULY

1st – Transfer window opens
15th - World Cup final

AUGUST

4th – 2018-19 season begins
9th – Deadline Day

EFL window open international is 1st July

Just now, Scotland1 said:

EFL window open international is 1st July

dont know where rovers web site got dates from .

from efl site

Transfer Window Key Dates - 2018/19 

• Monday 7 May - EFL summer transfer window open
  • Saturday 9 June - Transfer window for international transfers is determined by FIFA
  • Thursday 9 August - EFL summer transfer window closes for permanent transfers

Just now, had.e.nuff said:

dont know where rovers web site got dates from .

from efl site

Transfer Window Key Dates - 2018/19 

• Monday 7 May - EFL summer transfer window open
  • Saturday 9 June - Transfer window for international transfers is determined by FIFA
  • Thursday 9 August - EFL summer transfer window closes for permanent transfers

Strange ain’t it.

is it Bosmans the first of July?