BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

21 minutes ago, Stuart said:

It’s pointless me or anyone else keep telling you that Travis is a right back because you will continue to believe what you want to believe.

simple question Stuart, where has Mowbray played Travis since coming into the 1st team squad? 

another very simple question, where did Travis played in the last home under 23's game against Villa which Villa won 1 nil somehow? wasn't it centre midfield with Tomlinson and Hardcastle? 

here is Travis transfermarkt profile which included where he has played for the under 23;s? http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/lewis-travis/leistungsdaten/spieler/372802

Edited by chaddyrovers

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

simple question Stuart, where has Mowbray played Travis since coming into the 1st team squad? 

another very simple question, where did Travis played in the last home under 23's game against Villa which Villa won 1 nil somehow? wasn't it centre midfield with Tomlinson and Hardcastle? 

here is Travis transfermarkt profile which included where he has played for the under 23;s? http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/lewis-travis/leistungsdaten/spieler/372802

I won’t be able to answer it simple enough for you Chaddy.

Do yourself a favour go and watch the U23s. Or if you don’t have time or can’t get there then stop talking like an expert.

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

I won’t be able to answer it simple enough for you Chaddy.

Do yourself a favour go and watch the U23s. Or if you don’t have time or can’t get there then stop talking like an expert.

There is a shocker. 

5 apps for first team in league. All in midfield..

The Villa under 23's game Travis was in centre midfield with Tomlinson and Hardcastle. Buckley and Evans were wing backs. I attend that game ?.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

There is a shocker. 

5 apps for first team in league. All in midfield..

The Villa under 23's game Travis was in centre midfield with Tomlinson and Hardcastle. Buckley and Evans were wing backs. I attend that game ?.

By your logic...

3AF038A3-0A6A-4A04-9C23-4F74D61FBDED.jpeg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stuart said:

By your logic...

3AF038A3-0A6A-4A04-9C23-4F74D61FBDED.jpeg

Not at all Stuart. 

Travis has played in midfield in every league app. Fact!

In the home league game against villa for under 23s he played in centre midfield. Fact!

Edited by chaddyrovers

Not at all Stuart. 

In the home league game against villa for under 23s he played in centre midfield. Fact!

I can’t remember the game but he came on as a sub and was put at right back, he was ran ragged and then got swapped for Bennett and went to play in centre midfield.

Not at all Stuart. 

It’s like talking to an 8 year old. No, that’s unfair of me. Apologies to any 8 year olds reading.

Travis is a defender. Fact!

Mowbray has played one of the club’s defenders in midfield. Fact! (And somewhat ironically playing a midfielder in defence, and a full back in the middle, and another full back on the wing!)

You can throw a fish in the air - doesn’t make it a bird. Fact!

Out of interest, how did we get on in that one U23 game you refer to that Johnson played his best full back out of position?

43232FDE-8EF9-4AC4-A55A-D8D3533CDEE3.jpeg

20 minutes ago, Josh said:

I can’t remember the game but he came on as a sub and was put at right back, he was ran ragged and then got swapped for Bennett and went to play in centre midfield.

I think that game you are refer to was Oldham at home game. 

We were 2 nil down at half time. We went 3 at the back second half we scored 2 and draw the game 2-2. 

Bennett had a good game on the wing back and Travis in centre mid. 

12 minutes ago, Stuart said:

It’s like talking to an 8 year old. No, that’s unfair of me. Apologies to any 8 year olds reading.

Travis is a defender. Fact!

Mowbray has played one of the club’s defenders in midfield. Fact! (And somewhat ironically playing a midfielder in defence, and a full back in the middle, and another full back on the wing!)

You can throw a fish in the air - doesn’t make it a bird. Fact!

Out of interest, how did we get on in that one U23 game you refer to that Johnson played his best full back out of position?

43232FDE-8EF9-4AC4-A55A-D8D3533CDEE3.jpeg

The Rovers website said Phil Jones was a defender but didnt stop Sam Allardyce and Steve Kean playing him in centre midfield did I? ?

Ive seen him play in centre midfield for the under 23's under Johnson a few times. He has all the attritubes to be very good centre midfielder. 

Insult me all you want Stuart, not bother one bit me. I wont lower myself to that level anymore

The Rovers website said Phil Jones was a defender but didnt stop Sam Allardyce and Steve Kean playing him in centre midfield did I? ?

Ive seen him play in centre midfield for the under 23's under Johnson a few times. He has all the attritubes to be very good centre midfielder. 

Insult me all you want Stuart, not bother one bit me. I wont lower myself to that level anymore

Brilliant. Phil Jones being your “proof”. He was a defender and is still a defender!

And no need to lie about the U23 games you’ve watched.

We need to go beyond the wall this season, really go for it. We can be the king of the north - use the momentum. I’m excited to see who we sign, I have a good feeling we’ll be happy with most of our signings.

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

From what I’ve seen of Travis he won’t make it at any position professionally. Too slow mentally, great engine but that’s it.

I don't really understand what you are arguing about. I was under the impression that Travis was a RB, however he's been utilised in CM for most of his first team appearences. Surely you could class him as a player comfortable playing RB and CM.

There's a similar conundrum with Bennett, who is a midfielder that can play on the wing, CM, number 10 and RB. He's just a flexible player positionally, which is great for us. I don't see anyone whinging and moaning that he's a defender all of a sudden due to him playing quite a few games at RB this season.

Ultimately why does it even matter..

• Like 1

Just now, RoverKyle said:

I don't really understand what you are arguing about. I was under the impression that Travis was a RB, however he's been utilised in CM for most of his first team appearences. Surely you could class him as a player comfortable playing RB and CM.

There's a similar conundrum with Bennett, who is a midfielder that can play on the wing, CM, number 10 and RB. He's just a flexible player positionally, which is great for us. I don't see anyone whinging and moaning that he's a defender all of a sudden due to him playing quite a few games at RB this season.

Ultimately why does it even matter..

Why does it matter?

Do we need to sign a ‘proper’ right back or not?

Or should we plan to have utility players who can play in a few positions?

I prefer defenders to be defenders and be drilled and form an understanding with their fellow defenders but it’s not use people saying that Travis can play there (which, of course he can as that’s his position) when Mowbray doesn’t trust him there and would rather play Bennett - a big player in midfield there. Seems daft not to just go and buy a right back - or simply play Travis is the position where he played very successfully season - barring a game at Ewood (which we lost!).

51 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

From what I’ve seen of Travis he won’t make it at any position professionally. Too slow mentally, great engine but that’s it.

Interesting perspective. Have you seen much of him?

For me, he’s a little over enthusiastic and can dive in a bit but he gets up and down and isn’t afraid to put a tackle in. Bit harsh imo to say all he has is a great engine.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Brilliant. Phil Jones being your “proof”. He was a defender and is still a defender!

And no need to lie about the U23 games you’ve watched.

No need to throw your toys out of your Pram lad. 

I watched the Villa under 23's game where Travis played centre midfield. FACT!

No need to throw your toys out of your Pram lad. 

Not sure hes once said otherwise, "lad."

"Seems daft not to just go and buy a right back - or simply play Travis is the position where he played very successfully season - barring a game at Ewood (which we lost!)."

No need to throw your toys out of your Pram lad

:lol: lad!

So you’ve watched one game. Fact!

Lad!! :lol: SMH

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Not sure hes once said otherwise, "lad."

"Seems daft not to just go and buy a right back - or simply play Travis is the position where he played very successfully season - barring a game at Ewood (which we lost!)."

not sure we need with the players we got there and can play there. 

Travis played centre midfield for his league games, so hardly just that game at Ewood Roversfan99, so do be patronising. 

Gavin Whyte at Crusadors would be a great free failed his trial at Celtic but still has championship interest from QPR and ready to break through to the NI nat team player of the year twice now be good long term replacement to Conway and just like Quatongo at Morton can go straight into under 23 team if they dont hit the ground running 

5 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Not really. He means they will get chances, but won't be the main ones relied on to get us into the top half. Sounds sensible. The young ones are unproven. 

And always will be until they start getting games