BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

I think some are forgetting just how much experience this squad has in the Championship. The defence, with the exception of RB, all played regularly last season in the Championship. Raya is clearly a better keeper than Steele or Kean/Eastwood before him. Evans, Conway, Whittingham, Bennett, Graham - all vastly experienced Championship players. Maybe questions as to their fitness moving forward but ability wise they've proven themselves up to it over the years. Dack I think most would bank on him making the step up, maybe he won't set the league alight but he'll create problems in that League.

Under a competent manager (Mowbray) the bulk of this squad along with some poorer players who we have since got rid of demonstrated a little over 12 months ago they were good enough, securing 51 points on the way to relegation. Yes it was relegation but it was, under Mowbray, mid-table level results. We've since dumped Lowe, Akpan, Guthrie, Henley and added one or two. I'm confident with retention of the bulk of what we've got and 4-5 decent additions we'll compete.

You'd think reading some stuff that we've a team of inexperienced League One nobodies jumping into the unknown and that the Championship is something to be fearful of. 

• Like 1

Does anyone know the only player to score against us three times this season?

One of the most impressive opposition players I've seen down at Ewood, I think he could be worth a shout has he's been out on loan this season and I highly doubt he's going to be involved with his current club for the upcoming season.

40 minutes ago, toogs said:

I agree with all that except for the bit about less chance of getting it wrong when you are in the prem. 

True i guess, i would imagine it should come down to the manager to evaluate signings like that - there are certainly a few mercenaries in the PL.

2 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Anyone thinking we can sign the likes of Alex song are in for a very disappointing summer

Agreed. 

And anyone that thinks that we should haven’t learned much either.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, AJW said:

Payne Chapman and Armstrong will all cost Money and imo we still need a centre mid left back and centre back which will have to be loans and free's 

We have 2 left backs at the club already..

Expect Armstrong to be loan unless we could get cheap with sell on clause insert like 50% of any future sale goes to them. Like we did when we sign Bentley from Arsenal

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Expect Armstrong to be loan unless we could get cheap with sell on clause insert like 50% of any future sale goes to them. Like we did when we sign Bentley from Arsenal

We actually have three left backs, Williams, Bell and Hart  on loan at Rochdale who appears to have vanished from the face of the earth.

Bell should be the new LB with Williams cover there and for CB too.

Think we have to be smart with our dealings as I will be very surprised if we got more than double last season for transfers. 3 mil, and that will be for 2 or 3 perms, some out of contracts and loans.

Edited by JacknOry

38 minutes ago, grizfoot said:

Does anyone know the only player to score against us three times this season?

One of the most impressive opposition players I've seen down at Ewood, I think he could be worth a shout has he's been out on loan this season and I highly doubt he's going to be involved with his current club for the upcoming season.

Nazon for Coventry & Oldham? To be fair he looked very impressive for Oldham at Ewood, took his goals well 

I think a few have said it already but maddison and marriot would be a great coup for us, now peterborough have no chance of promotion theyll both be off this summer, not sure about how much theyd fetch though, trsnsfermarket values them both at under £1m, peterborough would be reluctant to let them go no doubt

6 minutes ago, Helmshore blue said:

Nazon for Coventry & Oldham? To be fair he looked very impressive for Oldham at Ewood, took his goals well 

Yeah that's the one, Wolves player. Whether he's good enough for the Championship I don't know but he looked to have a bit of pace and trickery about him, which is something we lack going forward.

• Backroom
53 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We actually have three left backs, Williams, Bell and Hart  on loan at Rochdale who appears to have vanished from the face of the earth.

If Hart can't get game time at Rochdale then it's fair to say he's not going to be of any use to us next season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Helmshore blue said:

What sort of striker is he ? Is he an Armstrong style goal poacher or is he the sort of player that can play up front on his own and lead the line ?

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Hope not. Arsenal didn't even want Bentley a 50% sell on clause was an appalling decision. Sums up just how much the WFIT starved the club. 

Edited by Vinjay17

7 hours ago, Acrover said:

I think a few have said it already but maddison and marriot would be a great coup for us, now peterborough have no chance of promotion theyll both be off this summer, not sure about how much theyd fetch though, trsnsfermarket values them both at under £1m, peterborough would be reluctant to let them go no doubt

Both would be quality signings but I think out of our reach. Palace were chasing Marriot in January and had big bids turned down. They will want top dollar for those two.

11 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

And I don't think any of them will be good enough , Williams as looked poor this year , Bell clearly is better going forward than defending I can see Mowbray bringing him on the left side of attack when trying close a game out and Hart ....? 

I cannot see Newcastle loaning Armstrong out again what is in it for them if he is not part of their plans they will want to sell him

10 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Noises out of the Disabled Supporters do that TM is going hell for leather to bring in Chapman.

I heart Harry so I hope this is true. He's worth the admission fee on his own. A rare talent.

Edited by blueboy3333
  • Like 1

• Backroom
52 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I was against Conway staying initially but if he was willing to accept a reasonable wage as a backup player I wouldn't mind him staying on for another twelve months. Sounds like he's a good influence off the field and has shown he can still have an impact if brought on in the right circumstance.

35 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Noises out of the Disabled Supporters do that TM is going hell for leather to bring in Chapman.

Harry is going to have a lot to prove ..coming back after  another injury and stepping up to the Championship ..not nailed on as being a success.

Two major injuries at Rovers plus four months out at Sheff Utd ..hes due a change in luck .. i hope .

• Like 1

I know Sunderland were shite last season but surely Lamine Kone has to be worth a look? Was unreal under Allardyce and Everton tried signing him for almost 20 million. Very similar to Samba. I imagine wages would be an issue but if no one is interested... 

• Backroom
8 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

Harry is going to have a lot to prove ..coming back after  another injury and stepping up to the Championship ..not nailed on as being a success.

Two major injuries at Rovers plus four months out at Sheff Utd ..hes due a change in luck .. i hope .

Personally feel that 'having it to prove' with the talent he has can only be good for whoever his club turns out to be.

Injuries are a worry BUT, we just got a full season out of Mulgrew and Graham who are notorious sicknotes.

If it's a reasonable fee (say, what we paid for Dack) then I'd go for it.