BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

6 hours ago, Biz said:

@Stuart

Good or bad omen? :) 

Personal opinion, Number 10s don’t always need pace, and the way Dack gets his arse in the way, I can see him being useful higher up.

In terms of his likelihood of sale. I’d be happy to admit I’m wrong if it happens, but I don’t see it based on the last 12 months unless the recent direction from India changes. For every agent telling them or him to accept bids/contracts, there will be others telling him he’s likely one good season away from 40/50k a week, why move to a team you might not be first choice?

There is just an air about Dack that makes me think he could be easily persuaded. You could imagine him with TM on one shoulder and someone like a Harry Redknapp on the other.

We need to tie him down to a new deal early on this Summer and quash any potential interest, or he is the obvious one to be sold to raise funds. You don’t win L1 player of the season twice and not interest other clubs.

7 hours ago, islander200 said:

I know but at least with us having somebody sensible like Mowbray in charge he could make the argument to the owners that we have been offered x amount now without Dack playing in the championship a good season that fee could double a great season it could treble.I would honestly be beyond gutted if we lost Dack most exciting player we have had since being relegated from the premier league in my opinion 

That could also be the thinking with clubs in the championship with cash to splash ,that realistically will have a better squad than Rovers and be possibly challenging for promotion

17 minutes ago, Stuart said:

There is just an air about Dack that makes me think he could be easily persuaded. You could imagine him with TM on one shoulder and someone like a Harry Redknapp on the other.

We need to tie him down to a new deal early on this Summer and quash any potential interest, or he is the obvious one to be sold to raise funds. You don’t win L1 player of the season twice and not interest other clubs.

Or the producers of the spin off TV series   Love Island ..life beyond :) 

Edited by perthblue02

4 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

That could also be the thinking with clubs in the championship with cash to splash ,that realistically will have a better squad than Rovers and be possibly challenging for promotion

In my opinion the teams challenging for promotion won't be in for Dack yet.I agree with Mercer that teams won't be bidding 7 or 8 million for him yet, he hasn't played above league one.

Where I totally disagree with Mercer is the club will sell this summer for 3 million

7 hours ago, Mercer said:

If some club buys Dack for anything over £7million, I will make a donation to a charity of your choice.  In fact, I will say £4million. 

Blimey Mercer, that's one hell of a donation. Fair play to you fella.

I don't want to jump the gun but the Robert Fleming Foundation (established 11 May 2018) is an extremely worthwhile cause.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Mercer said:

Championship will be a big challenge for Dack.  The lad has skill and a football brain but lacks the pace to become a 'big' player.

His stock is high at the moment and I would expect his agent to try and capitalise on this.

A fee of £7 to £8million is fantasy stuff.  Rovers will do well to keep him but I think he will be offski for something like £3million with a few add ons.  We are in the age of player / agent power. 

But jack Marriott who has played 1 year in league 1, and is transfer listed, is being valued at over £5m?

dack has won league 1 player of the year twice in three years, selling him for £3m would be daylight robbery

• Like 2

Just now, Helmshore blue said:

But jack Marriott who has played 1 year in league 1, and is transfer listed, is being valued at over £5m?

dack has won league 1 player of the year twice in three years, selling him for £3m would be daylight robbery

Agree there buddy,  But here we go again with certain posters saying Dack will be sold etc, exactly the same,  this time last year when relegated, Mulgrew, Graham, et al would be sold, no way would they stay and play in L1, no way could we pay their wages,  well they were wrong then and they are wrong again now.

I dont think Tony Mowbray tells lies, he spoke to the Venkys last summer and gave them a choice, he certainly,  and they somewhat delivered, he now wants a team to compete, in the championship, selling your best player would be crazy. 

17 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Maddison can also play wide just as easily so would be a great signing but probably too expensive.

Oztumer seems to be only able to play as a 10, so would be back up and lack the flexibility of a Maddison, his numbers are good and he is free so plenty of plusses but im not even sure if hes guaranteed a game at Walsall.

Made the team of the season so I would assume he is a regular starter.

Strange quote in the LET from Mowbray regarding Payne. Unless I've read it wrong, Mowbray is only interested in signing him if he accepts he will be a substitute most weeks. If he has ambitions to start and become a focal point hes not interested.....Managers usually want the latter.

“My selections have shown that I haven’t seen him as a 90 minute footballer, the challenge for Jack is whether he can accept that or whether he’s a lad who wants to play, be in the team, be the main man and let him make things happen.

“If that’s what he’s thinking and demanding then this is probably not the place for him but we can have that discussion and I’ll discuss that with him and see where we go.”

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Stuart said:

I’m not too worried about the lad himself. He’ll be buzzing. It’s his agent I’m bothered about, for one, and the Bentley effect - although I’d hope Mowbray can talk him round.

What I’m really concerned about is the V factor. All it would take is for a big bid from a Championship club with parachute payments.

That said, I don’t think Bowyer had anyone sold over his head and Mowbray was backed last year. Everyone has a price though.

Tom Cairney ??

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, benhben said:

Strange quote in the LET from Mowbray regarding Payne. Unless I've read it wrong, Mowbray is only interested in signing him if he accepts he will be a substitute most weeks. If he has ambitions to start and become a focal point hes not interested.....Managers usually want the latter.

“My selections have shown that I haven’t seen him as a 90 minute footballer, the challenge for Jack is whether he can accept that or whether he’s a lad who wants to play, be in the team, be the main man and let him make things happen.

“If that’s what he’s thinking and demanding then this is probably not the place for him but we can have that discussion and I’ll discuss that with him and see where we go.”

Mowbray obviously thinking Dack will be here next season and will start .

53 minutes ago, benhben said:

Yep basically saying we will sign you if you want but you will be backup to Dack and should not expect to start.

We need to be bolstering the squad with permanent signings to begin with whilst retaining all those we want to keep. So get rid of Feeney, Ward, Gladwin, possibly Whittingham make a decision on Evans and Conway, sign 4 or 5 Championship standard players to replace them, new contracts for Dack and Graham along with others if needed, bid for Armstrong, then sign a couple of quality loans later on if needed.

If you have ambitions as a club you don't sell your best players to rivals. So if someone wants Dack it should be the Premier League or nothing. I'm tired of sob stories about FFP and parachute money. If we're serious about moving forward we fight and we keep who we want to keep unless the player has a step up to a higher division.

• Like 1

It appears so although I was under the impression he was out of contract. He and Conway signed new deals when Lambert took over and it turns out Evans signed until 2019 but Conway only until 2018.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, benhben said:

Reading between the lines Mowbray is basically saying that Payne will only become a proper player if he goes somewhere else and has the chance to play regularly. Not sure why we'd want to sign a player with the mentality of "I'm happy to be back up". Successful clubs don't have many of those players. 

• Moderation Lead

You’ve got to hand to to Mercer, to be fair. He still comes back on here after a prolonged absence, then sells our players on the club’s behalf. 

Though with some of his past predictions, it really is quite the opposite of a ‘licence to print money’...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

You’ve got to hand to to Mercer, to be fair. He still comes back on here after a prolonged absence, then sells our players on the club’s behalf. 

Though with some of his past predictions, it really is quite the opposite of a ‘licence to print money’...

It's the 4-1 wins he predicts we should stroll to every few weeks, he's a bookmakers dream but if he's predicting them next season I think we need to get him some proper help :lol:

6 minutes ago, 4000Holes said:

Anybody know anything about this lad from Hibs?

Dylan McGeough.

looks like we are linked.

The Scottish Iniesta is how my Hibs mate described him. Great playmaker. Looks very promising and I wouldn't be surprised if Charlie has recommended him too. If we can get his midfield partner McGinn as well then I would very happy. 

Just now, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

The Scottish Iniesta is how my Hibs mate described him. Great playmaker. Looks very promising and I wouldn't be surprised if Charlie has recommended him too. If we can get his midfield partner McGinn as well then I would very happy. 

Just reading the Scottish papers.  Apparently McGeough is out of contract so available for next to nothing.  McGinn is also available but still has 12 months left so Hibs looking for around £5,000,000.  Also rumoured Rangers are interested in him?